This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

paul ette

who crb checks
« on: April 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm »
thinking about trying to get some commercial work as im 99% domestic at mo.
can anyone who has a lot of experience with commercial work tell me in general what sort of companies require crb checks??
dont want to waste my time if im gonna get bother, i got a couple of charges from when i was was younger that seem  to hound me

AJ

Re: who crb checks
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2014, 04:19:22 pm »
anywhere where children or vulnerable people are present, schools, childrens homes etc. They will want an enhanced check done to make sure youre not on 'the' register.
Banks or places with delicate information about.

paul ette

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2014, 04:21:56 pm »
would an abh charge and possetion of a firearm without a licence affect this? happened 10 yrs ago

alfie11

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2014, 04:26:55 pm »
would an abh charge and possetion of a firearm without a licence affect this? happened 10 yrs ago

just a charge or a conviction ?

paul ette

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2014, 04:33:40 pm »
conviction, prison sentence. what coomercial places dont do crbs? do offices etc do them?

PoleKing

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2014, 04:36:59 pm »
Paul, it's not worth your bother mate.
I'm CRB'd.
Hardly anyone asks.
And legally (I'm pretty sure) the company asking you about it pays for it.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

paul ette

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2014, 04:43:13 pm »
i would bother paying for them as i know its not clear, was just considering investing money into paying someone like becci swan to get me some apointments, but didnt want to waste my money if they ask for crbs, ive only got an apartment block on the commercial side so dont know how it works

cgh window cleaning

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2014, 05:06:16 pm »
I wouldn't bother you will probably never get asked even for schools,I know of window cleaners near me that have picked up schools and care homes with no crb or insurance.
Spend your time getting your h&s together as that will be more use.

PoleKing

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2014, 05:06:57 pm »
i would bother paying for them as i know its not clear, was just considering investing money into paying someone like becci swan to get me some apointments, but didnt want to waste my money if they ask for crbs, ive only got an apartment block on the commercial side so dont know how it works

Fair enough.
Very rare someone will ask mate.
You'd be better spending the extra money with Becci.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

robert mitchell

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2014, 05:21:15 pm »
most schools want to be cleaned in school holidays anyway so not likely to ask.
www.ishinewindowcleaning.co.uk

The man who never made a mistake never made anything.

AJ

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2014, 06:40:19 pm »
We've only ever needed it twice. wait till someone asks for it.

Smudger

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2014, 06:41:47 am »
You won't need a crb (or whatever the new code is) check for schools and care homes

Schools are always outside term time
And nursing homes are external cleans (100% IME)
Neither bring you into contact with vulnerable people.

Maybe, somewhere, you might get a college or a carehome where internal is required then you would need a check but so far for us we've never needed it

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

paul ette

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2014, 08:08:17 am »
ok great, thats nice to hear :)

Positivity

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2014, 08:11:05 am »
Hi Paul
You can get a basic DBS check from Disclosure Scotland for £25 - on their website there is a list of convictions and sentences with the time limit of when they are "spent."
It's valid for the UK but you can't get one from the UK without going through an agency who usually charge around £40 to £50 fee.
Of course all that could change if Alex gets his way and Scotland is no longer part of the UK so if you want one I would apply now!!!!

Keiron Bradley

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2014, 03:02:32 pm »
The nature of offence is irrelevant in terms of when it becomes spent,it's the actual sentence that matters.
Recent changes have reduced these periods and are as follows:
Any sentence (includes suspended) over 4yrs is never spent.
Sentence of 30mths - 4yrs is spent after 7yrs from completion of sentence,not how long actually served,ie if sentenced to 4yrs and served only 2 it would still take 11 yrs to be spent.
6mthys - 30mths is 4yrs from end of sentence.
less than 6mths is 2yrs + sentence .
CRB is now called Disclosure and Barring Service and what they disclose is dependant on the employers level of entitlement.
As already said it's basically places like schools and care homes with kids and vulnerable people that have a right to access ALL your previous convictions AND police records of arrests etc - even if no further action taken or cautioned.If they want a check they'll arrange it and pay for it.Shops,offices etc are only entitled to a basic check and ONLY unspent convictions will be disclosed.Again I'd leave them to do if they feel it's necessary - and they almost certainly won't.  Hope this makes sense and is of some use.