This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Colin h

Wcp how do i
« on: April 08, 2014, 08:40:23 am »
How do I put wcp on a new laptop? And when I do will it be
Seemless? Like work due and debts etc

p1w1

Re: Wcp how do i
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2014, 09:25:50 am »
You will have to e mail them ,as they will need to transfer you, serial number to your new machine.

concept

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2014, 09:27:46 am »
You will need to contact them, they send a new activation code for that machine..

All I will say is, good luck.

Have you thought about trying anything else out there?

Aworka, CleanerPlanner, etc.

We've used WCP for years, but as support has dwindled, and more importantly, development stopped, been looking at alternatives for a while.

Aworka looks good.

We currently have CleanerPlanner on trial, and working closely with the developer to get something that works well, and does everything it needs to. I am confident this will suit everyone from sole trader to multi-operator businesses.

Colin h

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2014, 10:19:25 am »
I've tried aworka couldn't get my head round it.
Do I have to backup on a stick,then reinstall wcp on
Another laptop?

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2014, 10:29:00 am »
Another laptop?

I have had to do this several times now with my WCP and it has always worked very well with no lost data. What you need to do is to perform a backup to a stick or cloud. Then download and install WCP to the new machine and email support for them to link the software with the new machine. Once done install the backup that you have saved and it is as if you are on the old machine.

I have found that WCP have always been very prompt with their support.

I do think that a cloud based system would be preferable, but at the moment this does all I need it to and I always back-up to the cloud to cover any PC issues.

Colin h

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2014, 10:47:24 am »
Thanks Alex how do I go about backing up to cloud?

concept

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2014, 11:16:59 am »
Another laptop?

I have had to do this several times now with my WCP and it has always worked very well with no lost data. What you need to do is to perform a backup to a stick or cloud. Then download and install WCP to the new machine and email support for them to link the software with the new machine. Once done install the backup that you have saved and it is as if you are on the old machine.

I have found that WCP have always been very prompt with their support.

I do think that a cloud based system would be preferable, but at the moment this does all I need it to and I always back-up to the cloud to cover any PC issues.

I find WCP is great at what it does. What it does, it does well.

However, as we have grown, we have required our system to grow with us, and while I am still running all the admin side, I needed something to minimise the amount of time spent on this side and streamline what I am doing.

Much like purchasing a controller to fully automate my water production, CP saves me so much time and effort. The guys use the app to complete their worksheets, on return to base they upload them, I check totals etc, and bam, done. Brilliant.

There are many other areas that it saves time, such as invoicing, SMS, accounts, etc, but that's not for me to explain.

I for one see the benefit of ANY time and labour saving in what we can do, so all we are doing is working on the things that earn us money.

Davie T

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2014, 04:17:04 pm »
My system crashed yesterday ( WCP).
They were excellent in response. I emailed them by 12 noon and it was up and going by 8.00am this morning.  They replied by email to up until just before midnight.
You can also, as I did, backup to " My documents". If you use their internet backup facility the data is available from there too.
Just email them and go forward from there.

gary evans

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2014, 04:47:40 pm »
I am down & still waiting for a response to my email from 9ish this morning.

Gary

Davie T

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2014, 05:05:43 pm »
Brad didn't respond until early evening and as I said, he emailed me just before midnight after several emails to me.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2014, 05:52:57 pm »
Thanks Alex how do I go about backing up to cloud?

I have a free Dropbox account and all critical files simply use a Dropbox folder to back up to instead of a PC based folder.

concept

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2014, 06:06:51 pm »
I am down & still waiting for a response to my email from 9ish this morning.

Gary

And there is the biggest flaw in WCP, you are locked into it, and its YOUR data, YOUR business, without it you are screwed.

The guys have moved on to other things, so it is not in their best interests to offer support, as they've had the money up front, and gone on to other things.

This is why the business models need to be different, such as Aworka etc, a monthly subscription, so its paying for the support.

robert mitchell

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2014, 07:24:23 pm »
And you can't use it on a Mac computer , you have to use archaic windows operating system .

To me that's like using a brodex alloy pole instead of a modern carbon fibre pole .
www.ishinewindowcleaning.co.uk

The man who never made a mistake never made anything.

Davie T

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2014, 08:48:07 am »
Well Colin H ?

Did WCP respond to you ?
It's been 24 hours since your post.

Colin h

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2014, 10:13:31 am »
I haven't tried mate need to get a new laptop first.they did
Email pretty quick last time I emailed them thou