Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

selling van....dodgy?
« on: April 05, 2014, 02:00:08 pm »
so i put my old van on gumtree as the guy who was gonna buy it changed his mind.a guy came down and gave me £300 for it.he drove down in a clapped out BMW on his own.sorted paperwork out then he drove off in van leaving his car outside my flat saying he ll be back later with his brother to pick it up.

anyway this morning its still there with what looks like a receipt on the front seat with my name and address on it. ???

he came back last night apparently and took his tools out of the boot.

ive sent the log books off and ive got his name and address.

whats going on?

what should i do? ::)roll

cheers guys
price higher/work harder!

jk999

Re: selling van....dodgy?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014, 02:38:00 pm »
Give him a couple of days if hes not been back phone police n tell them a cars been dumped outside your house

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2014, 02:40:42 pm »
ive just phoned them!they said the same!if its not been picked up after a week or so then  phone them back! ;)

Don Kee

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2014, 02:47:33 pm »
I take it you gave them the receipt thats on the front seat?

I wouldnt worry mate, especially now you've alerted old bill...
You've sent the V5 off, so once you get the acknowledgment from the DVLA the vans no longer your responsibility so if they are up ti something...odd....its not your problem.

Chances are he'll pick it up on a sunday (or a day when he's free) as he probably needed the van asap for work or something (hence the quick sale and pick up of tools)

Any longer than a week, call the police again
Why don't you have a quick google before making stupid comments?

jonboywalton75

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2014, 02:52:43 pm »
Sold my mondeo on eBay a few years ago,  paid immediately by PayPal
2 Asian gentlemen picked it up at 10-30 one night
Got a letter off the old bill a few weeks later saying it had been used in criminal activity in the North East.
No problems for me as paperwork  all OK
So u will be OK as long as you sorted the paperwork

redstarwindowcleaners

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2014, 03:17:18 pm »
Looks like your now the proud owner of a classic  car !
Stand before my gates and be judged

robertphil

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2014, 03:20:40 pm »
take a photo of your receipt thru the car window, as evidence . check for a body in the boot using makeshift sonar ,  seen summat similar done in Forensic Detectives on telly

dont touch the door handles Daz !

DaveG

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2014, 03:46:33 pm »
Daz, I would of had the Kangoo
You can't polish a turd

dazmond

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2014, 03:47:50 pm »
what looks like a receipt through the window is NOT what i gave him!

log books sent yesterday afternoon and i have the name and address but not his phone number as about 45 people rang yesterday about the van! ::)roll

dazmond

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2014, 03:49:06 pm »
dave the gearbox was dodgy as hell mate plus needed bodywork doing.MOT ran out last week.

DaveG

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2014, 04:10:33 pm »
dave the gearbox was dodgy as hell mate plus needed bodywork doing.MOT ran out last week.

Daz I wouldnt of had the Kangoo!!!

;D ;D ;D
You can't polish a turd

Richard Neal

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2014, 04:25:18 pm »
If it's still there in a week scrap it, you'll get about £200
Im not scared of heights, just falling from them.
mrwindowclean@hotmail.co.uk

David Kent @ KentKleen

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2014, 09:15:40 am »
Make sure your insurance is cancelled off the old van as well Daz, if they drove it away with no mot on it they are already showing there lack of care. The police now have a record so you will be ok. As a back up, call crimestoppers and record what has happened, any calls to crimestoppers HAVE to be acted on. They have to send a report in that 'supervision' will HAVE to act on,calls direct to your local police force dont.

Ian101

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2014, 09:37:01 am »
Make sure your insurance is cancelled off the old van as well Daz, if they drove it away with no mot on it they are already showing there lack of care. The police now have a record so you will be ok. As a back up, call crimestoppers and record what has happened, any calls to crimestoppers HAVE to be acted on. They have to send a report in that 'supervision' will HAVE to act on,calls direct to your local police force dont.

yup defo do this as if anything happens and your still insuring it they will come after you ... some change in European law apparently

http://www.whitedalton.co.uk/motorbike-blog/2013/10/i-sold-my-bike-but-didnt-cancel-my-insurance/

Soupy

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2014, 09:51:47 am »
Probably just a cash receipt for his accounts. I take it the car is not on your property and has a tax disc?

I think you may just be paranoid. If this is some kind of scam / con I don't see how he's going to get anything.
A fully paid up  memeber of the blue pill community

Chris - CBWC

« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2014, 05:18:56 pm »
Any update daz?

Paul Coleman

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2014, 06:12:50 pm »
Regarding DVLA paperwork.  They are pretty inefficient IME.
I sold my previous van to part fund my current van.  Some months later DVLA wrote to me with a fixed penaly demand for not botifying them that I had sold it (I sent them the paperwork with 24 hours of the sale).  So I phoned them up and was told to pay.  I said I wouldn't and see them in court if they wanted to press it.  They backed down.  I later discovered that there have been many errors from them like this.  So, don't rely on them for your evidence.

Frankybadboy

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2014, 07:21:55 pm »
you could use this new car to impress the new posh girlfriend ;D ;D ;D ;D