This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

R W C™

negative into a positive
« on: March 27, 2014, 08:29:50 pm »
Tuesday was raining all day so didn't work and just chilled out knowing the rest of the week was nice weather and good money, dropped kids back to there mums at 6,30 as I have them 3 days a week. Get back in van and it won't start, straight away I new it was starter motor, brother in law helped me bump start it so drove it straight to my local garage so it was there for them in morning as they normally put themselves out for me (unlike the misses) then the handbrake decides to go as I get there, phoned garage in morning and they said they'd make it a priority, I told them to do any other work that needs doing while it was there. 2 New tyres, front break pads, front drivers bearing, hand brake all done but starter motor can't be done till next day, so as I had Tuesday off I can't spend any more time in doors as it bores me. So I fill my bag of leaflets, pad and pen and hit the streets canvassing and leafleting houses no one is in for the last 2 days, 12 new jobs £296 Monthly canvassed and got to quote 2 gutter jobs, 1 conservatory clean and 2 houses for windows tomorrow as couldn't get there today as no transport, so now at least I still feel I've worked.

bobplum

Re: negative into a positive
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 08:37:26 pm »
nice :D

R W C™

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 09:25:49 pm »
Cheers mate, I bet if I'd said I'd gained more work, and mentioned gardiners I would of got more replysas would of given people a chance to be negative as that's all I seem to read lately.

davids3511

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 09:32:56 pm »
Thats really good and proactive. So many think its easy, it isn't, its hard work building a business. But once you do it you'll reap the benefits. That work is equivalent to 3600 a year.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2014, 09:33:19 pm »
Cheers mate, I bet if I'd said I'd gained more work, and mentioned gardiners I would of got more replysas would of given people a chance to be negative as that's all I seem to read lately.

Well done RWC! Takes a good attitude to do that. Shame you didn't praise gardiners tho'  ;D
It's a game of three halves!

JSMC

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2014, 09:42:17 pm »
jaykie where you been?

PoleKing

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2014, 09:51:32 pm »
Excellent work sir!
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

R W C™

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2014, 10:12:46 pm »
jaykie where you been?

Hello mate hope all is good, took about 2 years away from the forum as split with misses and started a new relationship, plus when your building a business you spend a lot of time on the forum as you learn something new every day like best poles (gardiners ;) ) problems etc but once you know how the window cleaning world works it just becomes repetitive and questions become the same, but thought I'd come back to see if there was anything new that I didn't know about, but seems like the same people and same questions.

R W C™

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2014, 10:16:31 pm »

Well done RWC! Takes a good attitude to do that. Shame you didn't praise gardiners tho'  ;D

If I had the van with me I would of got the 35ft slx out to impress the ladies.
i was horrible knowing my poles where in the garage for 48 hours just glad that they are still working hard for me as was worried they would be upset with me for leaving them for so long. One thing I've found with gardiner poles is they are very forgiving

JSMC

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2014, 10:14:14 pm »
i mind both of us starting up in 2008 n discussing different things.