This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dave Willis

Extreme scrubbing power?
« on: March 06, 2014, 10:42:29 pm »
I've got a fairly high and very dirty commercial job coming up on rather delicate glass. Because it's pretty high I'm not sure I want to use a superlight flocked but would rather use an Extreme.

So...... which Extreme has the best scrubbing power? I have an old flocked one but it has so little splay it's unstable, the hybrid is too soft so are the black mono's I have - what's the stiff dual trim like?

SeanK

Re: Extreme scrubbing power?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 11:20:59 pm »
Iv been using the new design xtreme medium mixed for the last two weeks.
Great scrubbing power and the stiffer outer bristles are great for getting into the corners.
Have tried a lot of different brushes and this one is the best I have used by far.
The bristles splay out nearly like a pad and insure you don't miss any of the glass.
I don't like the stiff duel trim on glass as there is very little movement in the bristles and you
need to put a lot of pressure on the brush to insure a good clean.
But its great for fascias.

Mike #1

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 04:38:37 am »
Personally i would always go for a flocked brush for such a job i have a job that is done every quarter and the flocked brush is best .

It helps cut through the dirt easily because of the soft bristles I have used a medium mixed Xtreme and at times it takes longer because it makes lines on the glass on the first and second pass as it tries to cut through the heavy dirt .

NO such problem with a flocked Xtreme or even the flocked hybrid i am starting to like a softer brush a lot more and can really see the benefits more and more . Mike

dannymack

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2014, 05:26:46 am »
I don't see the point I use any brush infact I've had the vtappy green ungar brush on my pole for many years used with hot water during cold days and through the summer. I do mainly commercial and the windows still come up nice and clean ?

So when you guys say you should use this brush or that brush all the same to me as long as the glass is clean at the end if the day

My main pole is the green ungar 27ft cheap pole when the clamps go loose I unscrew stick insulating tape under and tighten up like new again. Not the lightest of poles but only cost £100 had that for many years to !!!!
Have hot a slx 35ft use now and again on the higher jobs does the same as any other pole.

O and got a 47ft pole which is abit heavy but good pole for the higher jobs, wouldn't wanna use that alday !!!! 👍🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧

Mike #1

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2014, 06:09:52 am »
I have to say after my first Vikan brush for over 5 yrs despite buying and trying different Gardiner brushes i have always used a standard bristled brush or mixed  which is fairly stiff and at times has not always worked the best .

bobplum

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2014, 07:22:48 am »
wagtail jetstream????