Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

LBWCS

Vivaro/Traffic 09 up FAO Dazmond
« on: March 06, 2014, 08:56:37 am »
I've heard some pretty awful stories about things going wrong on older models. Thinking of getting a newer one though, from 09 and newer. Can anybody give any reviews of them who have perhaps had one from new from this age? Mpg? I'm in a similar boat to Dazmond and want to spend about 6k. Thanks in advance!

Scrimble

Re: Vivaro/Traffic 09 up FAO Dazmond
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 09:56:59 am »
buy brand new, my local vauxhall garage have them sat outside brand spanking new for 10995+vat
4 years warranty, no mot's for 3 years,
you get a reliable new van

Lee GLS

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2014, 10:07:47 am »
I think they all suffer with injector problems. A friend of mine has a 59 reg with 50k on and has just spent £500 on a couple of injectors.

PoleKing

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2014, 10:20:27 am »
buy brand new, my local vauxhall garage have them sat outside brand spanking new for 10995+vat

+1. Thats what i bought.
61 plate. Delivery miles.
Now done 29k. Not missed a beat. Just 1 servive a year @£160 each.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

LBWCS

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2014, 10:32:09 am »
I think they all suffer with injector problems. A friend of mine has a 59 reg with 50k on and has just spent £500 on a couple of injectors.
O dear!Do you kno what model this was?

LBWCS

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2014, 10:32:54 am »

Sounds good, might be a good finance deal

Lee GLS

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2014, 11:42:22 am »
O dear!Do you kno what model this was?

They all have the same engine, just different BHP. His was a 115 though

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2014, 11:55:27 am »
i was talking to an AA emergency guy the other day and he said they still suffer with injector problems on a regular basis.he was driving a new renault trafic though!

ive gone off the idea of vivaros now.expert/scudo/dispatch 2.0L 07 onwards is what ill be getting methinks.

i think they will be more suited to my work and easier to get ladders off when needed.i think the vivaros are a little bit too big for a sole trader and 500L tank.
price higher/work harder!

steven ainger

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2014, 12:17:43 pm »
i agree with you there Daz, Vivaro's are too big for a sole trader imo

wpclean

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2014, 12:52:09 pm »
Had a traffic for a year, and very impressed with the way it handles like driving a car even when tank full, and the space in the back good.  When I first bought it I asked my mechanic about injector issues, and he said as long as you get the oil changed every 10k miles you should be ok ( he works on a lot of these ).
Whatever van you decide to buy, try and get one with low miles, and meticulous service history.
You are welcome to come over the m62, and have a drive if you like  ;D

H20cleaning

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2014, 01:39:52 pm »
I have a fairly old one 2003 with only 90thousand miles, i have serviced it last month after me first 10thousand miles in it.
I bought it from nissan were they gave me receipts adding upto £2000! New gearbox, clutch etc.
I think the 1.9models suffer with gear box and 2.0 injectors from what i was told.

Had first ever problem with it this week and that was no fault of anyones, the top engine mount give way.

robert mitchell

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2014, 03:02:15 pm »
Had a traffic for a year, and very impressed with the way it handles like driving a car even when tank full, and the space in the back good.  When I first bought it I asked my mechanic about injector issues, and he said as long as you get the oil changed every 10k miles you should be ok ( he works on a lot of these ).
Whatever van you decide to buy, try and get one with low miles, and meticulous service history.

changing the oil will not affect the injectors at all.

changing it every 10000 miles is a very good idea though, there service interval is 25000 miles so it only has 4 services in 100 000 miles!

i think thats a big part of why they get problems .

there are loads on the road too so you are bound to hear of more problems.
www.ishinewindowcleaning.co.uk

The man who never made a mistake never made anything.

Lee GLS

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2014, 04:51:06 pm »

changing the oil will not affect the injectors at all.

changing it every 10000 miles is a very good idea though, there service interval is 25000 miles so it only has 4 services in 100 000 miles!

i think thats a big part of why they get problems .

there are loads on the road too so you are bound to hear of more problems.

On the 3.2 transits, the service interval is 30k and it holds 13 litres of oil. These high service intervals a ridiculous. Like you say every 10k is what I do.

robert mitchell

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2014, 04:54:32 pm »
They do it to attract fleet buyers who then sell them on when at 60-70 000 miles .

the fleets don't care that the next buyer will have problems.

10 000 miles or less oil and filter changes will save you money in the long term .
www.ishinewindowcleaning.co.uk

The man who never made a mistake never made anything.