This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

TomCrowther

tracking payments
« on: March 04, 2014, 09:18:28 pm »
I am struggling to keep on top of who's paid and who hasn't. Should be easy I know and it would be if people paid relatively quickly and quoted the blinking invoice number on the invoice.
What system/process do you guys who have a big round and several employees use? I want to get the process right before it drives me mad.
I use George, have one employee who is about to go out in another van so the problem is only going to get worse unless I sort it quick.
Thinking about getting everyone onto direct debit/standing order but I know there will be a fair percentage who won't do it.
Cheers...

Clever Forum Name

Re: tracking payments
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 06:35:42 am »
George works fine for us. Mistakes comes out of cleaners pockets ;)

Ian101

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 08:20:18 am »
my slip says along lines of "so we know its you who has paid please use 1st line of address as a reference"

however I have 1 customer who uses the 1st line of my address as a reference  ::)roll ::)roll ... fortunately their name is German and very long.

Neil Gornall

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2014, 08:25:58 am »
We use the number reference that George gives each customer.
It makes it really simple.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2014, 08:37:00 am »
I am struggling to keep on top of who's paid and who hasn't. Should be easy I know and it would be if people paid relatively quickly and quoted the blinking invoice number on the invoice.
What system/process do you guys who have a big round and several employees use? I want to get the process right before it drives me mad.
I use George, have one employee who is about to go out in another van so the problem is only going to get worse unless I sort it quick.
Thinking about getting everyone onto direct debit/standing order but I know there will be a fair percentage who won't do it.
Cheers...

<door number><postcode> as reference OR <first few letters of house name><postcode> for BACS payments.

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2014, 01:06:16 pm »
It can't be that the OP doesn't know who's paid surely?

They pay online = first line of address

They send a cheque = they inc slip

They pay on the day = they pay on the day.