This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

SeanK

Re: PRICE RISES are you?....latest.
« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2014, 10:49:47 am »

Most customers wont remember that you haven't put your prices up in 5 years they will just see a £2 hike
which if your charging ten to fifteen quid could seem a lot.
I'm sure there will be some wondering if this is going to be the yearly increase.
Just because your customers aren't complaining to you doesn't mean they not complaining.
I honestly think you would have been better putting your prices up by 50 pence every year.

Depends how you introduce it, to some extent.  If you say, "Mrs Smith, it's been five years since I put my prices up and it's going up £2", you'll be fine.  People aren't daft and they know that increases happen.

Vin

Totally agree, people do expect prices to go up it happens with all our bills.
But like everything it needs to be done tactfully.
Waiting 5 years and putting the price up £2 in one go isn't the right way in my opinion.
I know that most of my customers have less money to spend than they had 5 years ago, this
doesn't mean that I shouldn't up my prices but it should be taken into account when deciding by how much.

dazmond

« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2014, 11:41:40 am »
the prices im putting up £2 are £20 monthly jobs.very affluent area.4 or 5 years they ve not gone up.

ive already put some 2 monthly jobs up from £15 to £20.not one problem.

the cheaper very compact estate work are all going up £1.(two years since last price increase).

a few years ago i gave some customer "ultimatums" and put their prices up by £5.not lost one customer.

i have a commercial job thats underpriced at £30. i will be increasing the price by £5 as well.no price increase in 5 years.

another i put up from £22 to £30 and said basically that i underpriced the job in the first place(which i did)no problems.

i just go in confident and with the attitude that i dont care if i lose the job.any that i do lose will be marginal and ill still be up on earnings.

i fully expect to lose 3 or 4 customers.ive lost one up to now.

ill keep you updated at the end of this month when ive made my next lot of price increases. :)
price higher/work harder!

Ian101

« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2014, 04:17:23 pm »
Good for you Daz you've made a plan and now you're doing it

8weekly

« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2014, 04:22:20 pm »
I think it's important that when you put your prices up you are wringing your cap in your hands.

As Vin says, some on here act like beggars. It's a service. People either want it at the price or they don't.