This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ben M

Re: PRICE RISES are you?....latest.
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2014, 12:09:39 am »
This forum is just full of bull poopters
you don't need to increase your prices you saved so much with your China poles  ;D

rick trinder

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2014, 12:18:27 am »
kempy, you are bang on my friend...
always looking on the BRIGHTSIDE!

8weekly

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2014, 06:04:27 am »
You ought not to believe that everyone here is bsing.

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2014, 06:33:15 am »
you don't need to increase your prices you saved so much with your China poles  ;D

:D

koopmaster

« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2014, 07:57:19 am »
I have lost 3 this week who are so tight arsed they cant afford the price rise of £1. 

Saying that I got 4 calls this week for new customers.....

the first was the best.  The customer called while I was cleaning in a commercial business to say she cant afford me £10 8 weeks)

I said ok thanks, I still had the phone in my hand and looked up and the lady in front of me said "are you the window cleaner,  can you come clean my house.." 

I just smiled inside :)   I dont know how you cant loose in this business.... ha ha

Pro-Poler

« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2014, 10:08:33 am »
Don't think it's a good time to increase.

Why????????

People posted on here 12 months ago about not increasing due to economic down turn, I increase my prices at least every 18 months regardless.

My costs go up, if I absorb that myself my wage goes down and that's a no no.
Problem is window cleaners get tunnel vision, apart from bankers nearly everyones wages have took a hit, I think most window cleaners especially the ones that claim to earn Lawyers wages can take it on the chin.

dazmond

« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2014, 07:31:52 pm »
We can all do what we want in regards to pricing work.

I want more money for the service I provide. I reckon with a few extra decent jobs plus price rises I'll earn an extra 5 grand this year which will pay for my new van.

What's wrong with that? ;)
price higher/work harder!

Perfect Windows

« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2014, 07:41:34 pm »
We can all do what we want in regards to pricing work.

I want more money for the service I provide. I reckon with a few extra decent jobs plus price rises I'll earn an extra 5 grand this year which will pay for my new van.

What's wrong with that? ;)

Nothing at all.  I'm not sure if it was you or someone on another forum, but someone increased their prices 10% the other year and lost two customers.

If you increased your prices by 10% and even a (rather unlikely) 10% cancelled, you'd be doing 4 1/2 days for the same money.

My mobile phone company, gas supplier, electricity supplier, petrol station, garage, car dealer, shoe shop, etc, etc, etc ad nauseam don't run scared of putting up their prices every year.  Why should we?

Vin

James Bulton

« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2014, 08:03:10 pm »
Why does one think that window cleaner do not have inflation as all other businesses have.

dazmond

« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2014, 08:24:23 pm »
Vin I put loads of prices up 2 yrs ago and lost 2 customers.I've gained more though. ;D

Kempy I've read a few of your posts about having too much work and underpriced.why don't you put yours up?

As you know wfp is an expensive game.

roundbuilder

« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2014, 09:54:08 pm »
Infation rate was only 2.7 percent last year so a £10 house should only go up to £10.27.
Putting £10 houses up £2 is a 20 percent increase which would be near 10 years worth of inflation or am i dim and missing the point?

I used £10 as an example as easy to work out the percentage.

kempy

« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2014, 10:12:49 pm »
True
£10 house to £11 , is a increase of 10% , but it sounds less  does a £1

AuRavelling79

« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2014, 10:20:45 pm »
Infation rate was only 2.7 percent last year so a £10 house should only go up to £10.27.
Putting £10 houses up £2 is a 20 percent increase which would be near 10 years worth of inflation or am i dim and missing the point?

You've got £10 houses Mick? Only Kempy charges that low!

;D ;D ;D
It's a game of three halves!

Perfect Windows

« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2014, 11:25:57 pm »

Depends how long ago his last price rise was effective.

Also,  if customers will pay an extra 20%, who are we to say they are wrong?

Vin

SeanK

« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2014, 11:41:10 pm »
I'm putting my prices up 200% this year.

Going from £2 to £6 and I don't care if I loose a few customers.

dazmond

« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2014, 07:17:41 am »
Who said you can't put prices up above inflation?

Also why compare other people's wages to your own?

Just cos Mr Smith hasn't had a pay rise for a while doesn't mean you have to keep your prices the same. if they are struggling I offer a longer frequency at a higher price then their saving a few quid.

I reckon I'm fair with my pricing.

£2 on a job that's had no price rise in 5 years is not too much IMO.

Perfect Windows

« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2014, 07:47:19 am »

Agree.  If they have a choice and are paying your prices, there's no problem with the value for money that you're giving.

Daz, ignore the nay-sayers.  Plenty of people on here act like they are begging for their customers' money.  The better attitude is "I'm offering a good service for a good price, so they are probably happy paying me".

Vin

SeanK

« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2014, 08:33:12 am »
Who said you can't put prices up above inflation?

Also why compare other people's wages to your own?

Just cos Mr Smith hasn't had a pay rise for a while doesn't mean you have to keep your prices the same. if they are struggling I offer a longer frequency at a higher price then their saving a few quid.

£2 on a job that's had no price rise in 5 years is not too much IMO.

Most customers wont remember that you haven't put your prices up in 5 years they will just see a £2 hike
which if your charging ten to fifteen quid could seem a lot.
I'm sure there will be some wondering if this is going to be the yearly increase.
Just because your customers aren't complaining to you doesn't mean they not complaining.
I honestly think you would have been better putting your prices up by 50 pence every year.

Pro-Poler

« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2014, 08:39:49 am »
Window cleaning is no different to any other consumer purchase for a service or product, people don't "choose" to pay more for, just cause they get told it's a good service, I can get a 21 day matured aberdeen angus rump steak for £3.70 from LIDL and it's better than one for £6 from Sainsbury's, important to keep one step ahead, don't be complacent with your customers by being greedy, this is not the "90s", everyone is looking for value, just cause they've got 2 new cars on the drive it isn't a gauge to set prices, some of these people are feeling the pinch cause they took on more than they could chew and lived on debt. ;)    

Perfect Windows

« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2014, 09:06:00 am »

Most customers wont remember that you haven't put your prices up in 5 years they will just see a £2 hike
which if your charging ten to fifteen quid could seem a lot.
I'm sure there will be some wondering if this is going to be the yearly increase.
Just because your customers aren't complaining to you doesn't mean they not complaining.
I honestly think you would have been better putting your prices up by 50 pence every year.

Depends how you introduce it, to some extent.  If you say, "Mrs Smith, it's been five years since I put my prices up and it's going up £2", you'll be fine.  People aren't daft and they know that increases happen.

Vin