This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

James Bulton

Question for any one useing a nilfisk gutter vac
« on: March 04, 2014, 05:04:50 pm »
Just a quick heads up. Anyone using a Nisfisk 1800watt on gutter cleaning> Do you remove the filter when cleaning gutter
Do you not find the vacuum looses suction as the filter gets blocked.I have a old hoover wet and dry and when suctioning up wet they advised removing the filter.I feel one needs a thin sponge filter as I have build  deflector to direct the incoming debris down. Your thoughts on this.

robert mitchell

Re: Question for any one useing a nilfisk gutter vac
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 05:58:12 pm »
Nope I leave it in and have had no problems , running without the filter will most likely damage the motors .

There is button that reverses the flow through the filter to help clean it , press that regularly while in use .

If it gets blocked you could remove it and bang the dirt off or rinse off with some pure from your van .

I take it of and hose it when
I get home .

Have to say I have never had it block and lose suction .

www.ishinewindowcleaning.co.uk

The man who never made a mistake never made anything.

James Bulton

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 08:44:49 pm »
Thanks Robert.

LBWCS

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2014, 09:59:55 pm »
Dont take mine out but if its blocked it does need cleaning, i always do after use. I find it helpful to let it dry also

Avo

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2014, 10:23:58 pm »
The lastest ones come with plastic guards fitted inside which stop dirt sticking on ur filter while in action so the suction stays the same from start to finish..

I wouldn't advise taking the filter off.