This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

j timms

Wooden windows wfp
« on: March 03, 2014, 08:40:17 pm »
Do you all clean wooden windows wfp or trad. Pros and cons ?

SeanK

Re: Wooden windows wfp
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 08:58:38 pm »
If they are painted then I wont do them as it very hard to get them right using wfp.
Will give varnished a go and most times they will come up o.k. it depends if the glass has been
put in with putty or not.
To be honest there's more than enough upvc windows to keep me going so I don't need to risk it.

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 08:52:19 am »
dont clean the top frame(unless its really dirty) and rinse about half an inch from the top of the glass.this usually works on wooden windows if their not in the best condition.
price higher/work harder!

Simon Mess

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2014, 09:52:07 am »
I clean wooden frames exactly the same as any others (wfp), never had any issues unless the paint/varnish is old and flaking. That is a serious pain, you will be dropping flakes for the next hour >:(

Jim Waugh(Albright & Shiny)

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2014, 10:46:23 am »
I clean wooden frames exactly the same as any others (wfp), never had any issues unless the paint/varnish is old and flaking. That is a serious pain, you will be dropping flakes for the next hour >:(
+1

Lee GLS

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2014, 11:51:46 am »

Ditto

dannymack

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2014, 04:14:12 pm »
Dotto 👍🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧👀

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2014, 05:31:40 pm »
Id say about half my round is wooden framed sash windows on Victorian and Georgian properties, as above main problem is the flaky paint ones. I do find  sash frames a problem sometimes, its easy for dirt trapped between the frames to leech out on to clean wet glass.
My brush has two sets of jets used independently, fan jets and 1.4 mm pencil jets.
First cleans I will use the fans on full flow for frames, once they stop dripping I clean glass with the pencils on a lower flow and subsequent cleans.

WGB

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2014, 09:52:22 pm »
dont clean the top frame(unless its really dirty) and rinse about half an inch from the top of the glass.this usually works on wooden windows if their not in the best condition.
done that today but had 2 panes of glass on each window with wooden frame in middle, do u just let it drip for a bit then clean bottom pane of glass?

wfp master

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2014, 10:05:01 pm »
Blotto

Crystal-clear

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2014, 10:40:32 pm »
i had an email complaint about this recently i said dirt gets trapped in the old wood etc,

but what is the real problem as i do see often that old wood never comes up right ,too many beads here and there. not bad just not the usal finish and i normally explain that the water cant leave a mark and its the old wood or the odd upvc seal.
but what are these problems called cos they sometimes never flush out,.