This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ian101

This time last year we were approx. 90% residential and 10% commercial.

Last 6 months were getting more commercial customers ... nowt massive but office blocks and apartment blocks etc. (defo not shops at low money from subbying ok if you get lots and lots close together but no so good when you have to drive miles between jobs for £7 a pop  ::)roll)

Now were more like 70% residential and 30% commercial.

TBH much prefer the commercial jobs and thinking of actively starting to go after them as the ones we've took on over last 6 months have all found us.

Cant see us ever being 100% commercial but just wondering if anyone on here has ever gone 100% commercial and stopped residential altogether ??

Paul Coleman

Re: Anyone made the move entirely over to commercial customers ?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 07:08:40 pm »
This time last year we were approx. 90% residential and 10% commercial.

Last 6 months were getting more commercial customers ... nowt massive but office blocks and apartment blocks etc. (defo not shops at low money from subbying ok if you get lots and lots close together but no so good when you have to drive miles between jobs for £7 a pop  ::)roll)

Now were more like 70% residential and 30% commercial.

TBH much prefer the commercial jobs and thinking of actively starting to go after them as the ones we've took on over last 6 months have all found us.

Cant see us ever being 100% commercial but just wondering if anyone on here has ever gone 100% commercial and stopped residential altogether ??

I ended up doing a much higher percentage of commercial but lost most of them in the end.  A big hit when the eggs are spread around too few baskets - and much harder to make it up with residential work.  Most of it was as a suibby though.  I'm now trying to ensure that commercial work I take on is direct with the customer.

Ian101

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 07:14:20 pm »
yup all mine direct ... tricky to get perhaps but I've been in right place at right time last 6 months  :)

cgh window cleaning

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 07:23:14 pm »
I am around 60-70% commercial and this is the type of work I much prefer.
Residential is good for keeping your cash flow running as an example I took a weekly commercial job on in January and and as yet still have not been paid.
I sub a small amount around 10% and I have been cleaning this for 10 years so subbing can work.most sole traders that are 100% commercial that i know have had a lot of there work for a very long time built up from nothing.commercial window cleaning can be hard to get in to.

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 07:30:52 pm »
We have just started to land some commercial work and i have to say its not for me or us.

Of course the money can be far better, but so is the risk.

On a small chain of car showrooms we picked up i counted on the forecourt alone about 1 million in cars (less than 20 cars)

Just say one gets damaged, i know who will get the blame  ::)roll

Thursday we are quoting a monster job, aint got a clue what to quote. Could be a £1000 clean or i could be way out and its a £300 clean, who know and who cares  :D

Johnny B

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2014, 07:59:01 pm »
I am 98% residential, and the remander is a few small shops. I wouldn't like to change over to commercial only, although I would be happy to pick up a few more that are similar and close to those I have now.

John 
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Marc Stock

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2014, 08:34:01 pm »
I used to do a lot of commercial customers. They arnt as lucrative as some think, lot of hassle. No loyalty either.

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2014, 10:16:53 pm »
im mainly residential.you can make good money with high end houses but today and friday were mainly commercial jobs and i must admit i love the variation!

cashflow and loyality defo better with domestic though.

i personally would never give up domestic jobs as my main source of income but i would like a few more  medium size commercial jobs just to mix it up a bit. :)
price higher/work harder!