This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

TomCrowther

breatherliser for staff
« on: March 02, 2014, 10:41:59 pm »
Does anyone use something to check their employees are ok to drive in the mornings?
Going to get my guy driving soon but would hate to experience something v bad in the way of alcohol related, the morning after..

PoleKing

Re: breatherliser for staff
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 10:56:17 pm »
IMO if you're thinking of breathelising him, you're not sure of him.
Go with your gut.
Problem with that too is it'll only register (obviously) alcohol. What if he smokes some green?
Go with your gut. If in doubt-kick him out.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

deeege

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 10:58:28 pm »
Robertphil is your man for this. He probably breathalyses his staff 6 or 7 times a day, aswell as daily drug tests. He'll be along shortly to advise.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Perfect Windows

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 06:56:16 am »
Robertphil is your man for this. He probably breathalyses his staff 6 or 7 times a day, aswell as daily drug tests. He'll be along shortly to advise.

I hope you're not suggesting, oh, no, surely....he couldn't be.....

8weekly

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 07:01:45 am »
If Stalin and Dirty Harry could have babies together.......

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2014, 07:15:02 am »
stop being a "little hitler" mate.you should be able to trust him if he s your worker.if you suspect regular heavy drinking then give him a warning or dont let him drive the van!... get rid if he doesnt get his act together.
price higher/work harder!

robertphil

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2014, 07:16:04 am »
by sheer bad luck iv 2 pot heads now workin for me- thing is iv almost no sense of smell so how can i know for sure if theyre smokin it at work ?

theyre forever talkin about weed, but thats not proof is it, and they are excellent workers , top class laddermen . i believe id smell alcohol however  ,certainly if it was stale.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2014, 07:28:37 am »
by sheer bad luck iv 2 pot heads now workin for me- thing is iv almost no sense of smell so how can i know for sure if theyre smokin it at work ?

theyre forever talkin about weed, but thats not proof is it, and they are excellent workers , top class laddermen . i believe id smell alcohol however  ,certainly if it was stale.

If they're not smoking at work, not turning up stoned and their work performances are fine, what's the problem?

Ste b

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2014, 07:28:59 am »
I thought it was compulsary to have a couple of cans of special brew before work  :)
The purpose of life is to have a life full of purpose

robertphil

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2014, 07:42:24 am »

If they're not smoking at work, not turning up stoned and their work performances are fine, what's the problem?
they do smoke normal roll ups at break time. i guess the time to worry is when they start saying "i can fly " 

dazmond

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2014, 07:42:44 am »
robertphil you can easily tell if they are smoking weed at work!they will have glazed eyes,probably grinning and they will get twice as much food as they need from the chippy/buttie shop at lunchtime! ;D ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

robertphil

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2014, 07:55:14 am »
robertphil you can easily tell if they are smoking weed at work!they will have glazed eyes,probably grinning and they will get twice as much food as they need from the chippy/buttie shop at lunchtime! ;D ;D ;D
  back in the day, did u still work a full day when stoned Daz ?   

gary999

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2014, 08:01:51 am »

Feck me most winow cleaners are like that without drugs ;D

TomCrowther

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2014, 08:09:15 am »
It's nothing to do with Hitler Daz. The guy is 99% ok but from time to time has a big session. Just trying to find a way to protect him, me and anyone else from an avoidable accident.

Bill.upnw

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2014, 08:17:39 am »
stop being a "little hitler" mate.you should be able to trust him if he s your worker.if you suspect regular heavy drinking then give him a warning or dont let him drive the van!... get rid if he doesnt get his act together.

+1

robertphil

« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2014, 08:21:45 am »
you might be able to buy a type of litmus paper that you can leave on the dash of your van-if it turns amber  theres alcohol in the air , green if its dope !

Paul Coleman

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2014, 08:36:13 am »
If brussel sprouts start growing out of his head he's smoking grass and if he's laying on the floor immobile, it's hash.

Dawn03

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2014, 05:08:52 pm »
Tom, I have an alcohol and drugs at work policy and also a h&s update we use which we get staff to sign off on. If we smell anything or suspect anything this backs us up and we can quickly suspend or discipline them. If you want a copy let me know.

Dawn
Dawn
Shine Cleaning Solutions

Paul Coleman

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2014, 05:10:52 pm »
It's nothing to do with Hitler Daz. The guy is 99% ok but from time to time has a big session. Just trying to find a way to protect him, me and anyone else from an avoidable accident.

The worst that's likely to happen is him being startled when a seed pops.

TomCrowther

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2014, 05:15:31 pm »
Hi Dawn, that's very kind if you and I would like to take you up on the offer.
My contact details are tomcrowther1@hotmail.com 07921 766022.
Many thanks.