Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Alex Wingrove

Re doing Website
« on: March 02, 2014, 10:27:17 pm »
Hi Guys

Can I get some constructive criticism please, re doing my website and want to know what you would add and change

http://www.integritywindowcleaning.co.uk/

Thanks

Alex

Perfect Windows

Re: Re doing Website
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 10:36:21 pm »
Very odd to have gutter and gate cleaning pictures as the first thing on the website of a window cleaner.

Vin

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 10:44:24 pm »
Looks great on ipad air.

PoleKing

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2014, 10:53:09 pm »
Looks good.
Just needs tweaking IMO.

A few spelling mistakes.
I'd loop the photo's rather than coming to a stop.
Not sure if use the word 'portfolio' for 2 pictures of conservatory's.
And I wouldn't use terms 'like new' & 'promise you'll be happy'
And do you still look like the picture of you? What's that 5 years old? Might wanna update if you've gained 5 stone and a beard. ;D
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 04:45:17 am »
I'd get rid of the ugly guy in the green T-shirt for starters. He brings a downer to your professional company image!  ;D

Looks clean and bright mate. Load times are a bit slow. It's important these days because it can affect google rank. It's got a few spelling and grammar mistakes which are easy to correct. You need some window cleaning photos on your image rotator, a lot more detail and photos about the pressure washing side of things. I'd also remove the 'promise' bit on the conservatory page.

It took me a few seconds to work out what the picture on the right side of your guttering page was. I can tell its a gutter vac pic now, but prospective clients may not ever work it out.

Apart from that though, it looks great.  ;D

Mike #1

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2014, 05:52:08 am »
Were are the window cleaning pics  ??? ??? . Mike

Pete Thompson

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2014, 09:43:21 am »
looks good,

but a blog?  who will want to read that?  and will you have time to update it?

bit pointless IMO

Other than that, very good

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2014, 09:46:39 am »
looks good,

but a blog?  who will want to read that?  and will you have time to update it?

bit pointless IMO

Other than that, very good

Blogs are brilliant for Google ranking if used properly,...

Pete Thompson

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2014, 10:45:55 am »
yes they may well be good for google ranking, but I've seen dozens of sites where you click on the blog link and see a blog that was last updated 3 or 4 years ago and it makes me think "how rubbish"

call me old fashioned, but I think a site's content for its intended visitors is more important that putting things on there just for the sake of google ranking.

The thing with blogs is that people just don't have time to do them.  They start off well, write a bit every day etc, but after a few weeks realise they don't actually have anything worthwhile to say or the time to write it and stop updating it, but it still sits there for years.  To me this is worse than not having a blog at all.

It's almost as bad as having 'live help' on your site, but it always being swithced to "leave a message" because you're never actually there to accept visitors.  It's worse than just not having it at all.   ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2014, 12:06:34 pm »
I am glad blogs take effort. Keeps me well ahead of the competition in my area.

Website has been up for just over 12 months. In that time never done less than 2 a
Month.

Blogs need to be used correctly.

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2014, 12:49:44 pm »
A blog is the same as a company facebook page - its ESSENTIAL to update it regularly or it does nothing,..

Used right it can be a major advantage for Google rankings, so it really is worth the effort.

johnny bravo

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2014, 06:40:26 pm »
thats a funny looking conservatory ladder. ???

H20cleaning

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2014, 07:52:50 pm »
i have never had a website but will 100% be getting one done this year.

has anyone ever worked out a percentage of jobs gained against number of hits your websites get?

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2014, 07:55:12 pm »
i have never had a website but will 100% be getting one done this year.

has anyone ever worked out a percentage of jobs gained against number of hits your websites get?

Its pointless bud, a lot of the competition check out the sites. One of my local "competitors" and i use that term very loosely decided to copy and paste content from my site. He has a real reputation about him, so much so he had to move out of his local area :D

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2014, 12:36:28 pm »
Very odd to have gutter and gate cleaning pictures as the first thing on the website of a window cleaner.

Vin

Yeah I know, just searching my pc for some decent pics of window cleaning.

Looks good.
Just needs tweaking IMO.

A few spelling mistakes.
And do you still look like the picture of you? What's that 5 years old? Might wanna update if you've gained 5 stone and a beard. Grin

Spelling I know that needs some work, grammar isnt my strong point.

The photos should loop.

I have more pictures that I am in the process of editing, just need to add them and then write up a little story for each one.

I like "like new" why wouldn't you use that. Why wouldn't you use "promise"

I know its hard to believe, but yes I still look that gorgeous.

I agree Steve the pictures on the window cleaning and gutter cleaning pages seem like they have been plonked there, I will edit that and make it look better.

The blog is only there for content which Google loves. I will update it weekly with work that we have done. I do agree though if it isnt updated weekly or even monthly is does look a bit pointless.

And that is because it isnt a conservatory rood ladder

PoleKing

« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2014, 01:31:00 pm »

Vin

Yeah I know, just searching my pc for some decent pics of window cleaning.

Looks good.
Just needs tweaking IMO.

A few spelling mistakes.
And do you still look like the picture of you? What's that 5 years old? Might wanna update if you've gained 5 stone and a beard. Grin

Spelling I know that needs some work, grammar isnt my strong point.

The photos should loop.

I have more pictures that I am in the process of editing, just need to add them and then write up a little story for each one.

I like "like new" why wouldn't you use that. Why wouldn't you use "promise"

I know its hard to believe, but yes I still look that gorgeous.

I agree Steve the pictures on the window cleaning and gutter cleaning pages seem like they have been plonked there, I will edit that and make it look better.

The blog is only there for content which Google loves. I will update it weekly with work that we have done. I do agree though if it isnt updated weekly or even monthly is does look a bit pointless.

And that is because it isnt a conservatory rood ladder

Fair enough.
Not 'like new' cause it won't be. Strictly speaking. It'll look good, but not new.
And 'promise', cause your guaranteeing how someone else will feel. You know the sort of customer I mean. Technically they could say you haven't kept your promise cause they're still not happy therefore I'm not paying you the full amount. Unlikely-yes. But possible. For the sake of some words, might be worth changing.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2014, 01:44:22 pm »
That's a fair comment, and I know the customer you mean. I will think about another more suitable (problem free) word.

Thanks poleking

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2014, 10:28:03 pm »
That's a fair comment, and I know the customer you mean. I will think about another more suitable (problem free) word.

Thanks poleking
'Lile new' and 'promise' are relative words. What's like new to one is not to another and a promise to one is not to another. Is a promise different to an oath? It's an interesting read. Perhaps oath would be better.  ;D

'A near new condition' would perhaps be a better phrase.

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2014, 10:29:23 pm »
You are obviously dead busy mate. Do you want me to start the thread about the solar panel cleaner you need in Luton or do you want to do it??? ;D

Don't be scared. I find everyone on here to be a forgiving bunch. You know, always ready to give someone the benefit of the doubt. Don't forget to ask for a RAMS though. They will throw you to the lions if you don't!

Is this a PM or can everyone read it?  ;D ;D ;D

robertphil

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2014, 07:21:24 am »
too much writing on it for my liking