This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

DaveG

Split charge users
« on: March 02, 2014, 04:56:30 pm »
Hi Guys,

A friend of mine, who has a campervan has one of these

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=161238898663

Would it be ok to use for charging our batteries?

Cheers
You can't polish a turd

bobplum

Re: Split charge users
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 05:16:37 pm »
Yes

but please sign the disclaimer in this post

aabbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbduducnm cvn  xkxnse.efj'spodcvias.,f we n jsz.,dmnAS;DHIDJqwjmeAS6\87ZX989+7SQ knxuizyhz|P:M S<Amndkjz\hxcpOI*USDnweM

Signature......................

thank you
 ;D ;D

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 05:17:26 pm »
http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/110747372068?nav=SEARCH

The one you posted should work but this one has a higher amperage charging rate, it's the one I use and it works fine.

Simon.

Spruce

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2014, 09:53:02 pm »
http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/110747372068?nav=SEARCH

The one you posted should work but this one has a higher amperage charging rate, it's the one I use and it works fine.

Simon.

Hi Simon

There is a thread about this that we are still awaiting a reply from Grippa.

I contacted Numax battery manufacturers and they advise that a leisure battery should not be charged at anything more than 10% of the rated amperage of the battery. You run a special battery which is very voltage sensitive, so this is a little different.

The way I see it is that the 30 amp unit is way big enough. Grippa say that their BS100 Dual smart relay with its electronics will increase the boost rate of a vehicle's alternator and you will not need to supplementary charge your leisure battery unless your driving is just down the road, but I have my doubts about this.

Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Darren Spreadbury

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2014, 11:54:42 pm »
can someone help me,  I had a split charger in my Peugeot partner for 5 yrs no problem, now I have a 2012 Peugeot expert but it wont work I think it's something to do with having a smart alternator, how do I connect it right what do I need. thanks

Oliver @ GrippaTank

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2014, 07:56:33 am »

Hi Simon

There is a thread about this that we are still awaiting a reply from Grippa.

I contacted Numax battery manufacturers and they advise that a leisure battery should not be charged at anything more than 10% of the rated amperage of the battery. You run a special battery which is very voltage sensitive, so this is a little different.

The way I see it is that the 30 amp unit is way big enough. Grippa say that their BS100 Dual smart relay with its electronics will increase the boost rate of a vehicle's alternator and you will not need to supplementary charge your leisure battery unless your driving is just down the road, but I have my doubts about this.

[/quote]

Just to clarify the above, our relay does not increase the charge power of the alternator. Rather it allows more of the charge from the alternator to get through to the battery. For example a 40amp alternator would typically charge at 38amps maximum. Our relay will allow that charge to get through to the system battery, whereas a 5 amp relay for example would majorily restrict that charge. Our relay allows the maximum amount of amperage when the battery requires it. The charging amount is solely controlled by the alternator.

The reason why we do not get flat batteries on our system is because if the battery should be run very low, our relay allows full charge from the alternator (to a maximum of 100amps).

If you have a specific question you are always welcome to call us on 0800 098 8407.
www.grippatank.co.uk - The home of the GrippaMAX crash tested cleaning system. Contact us on 0800 098 8407 or enquiries@grippatank.co.uk