Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Perfect Windows

Haggler
« on: March 02, 2014, 09:05:44 am »
Call yesterday.

"We've had your leaflet and we're looking for a window cleaner." We discuss the house.

"Ok, the price is as it is on the leaflet." (£18)

"Well, can you do a deal?" (uh oh)

"No, we work off the leaflet price"

"But I'm going to be a regular customer"

"Sorry?"

"Yes, we're going to use you every six weeks"

"Er" (bit stunned, to be honest)

"So if we're regular, how about you do us a deal?"

"Has it occurred to you that all of our customers are regular?"

"We'll pay cash"

"Most of our customers pay cash and I pay my taxes so there's no benefit to us"

"How about £8?"

"Pardon?"

"I'll pay £8"

"Why on earth would I do it for that much?"

"I can get you my neighbour as well for £8" (Oh, goody, two underpriced houses!  Need to start enjoying this)

"If your neighbour wants them done I'll do them a special price of £18 as well"

"OK, £10"

"Tell you what, I'll do it for £18"

"You're being very unreasonable"

"Do you do this in McDonald's?  Do you see their price on the menu and haggle?"

Bit more to-ing and fro-ing, then...

"Should I call XXX?" (now this guy is AWFUL.  Simply terrible.  I've picked up business from him since I started and when people show me the job he's been doing, I laugh.  I cannot begin to tell you how bad he is.  He's so bad that I can't inflict him even on a joker like this)

"I wouldn't call him, to be honest.  He'll do a house your size for around the price you're looking for, but he'll do a truly terrible job and will turn up when he feels like it.  I can't recommend him.  By all means phone around but leave him off your list"

"OK, I'll give him a call".

bobplum

Re: Haggler
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 09:08:48 am »
Call yesterday.

"We've had your leaflet and we're looking for a window cleaner." We discuss the house.

"Ok, the price is as it is on the leaflet." (£18)

"Well, can you do a deal?" (uh oh)

"No, we work off the leaflet price"

"But I'm going to be a regular customer"

"Sorry?"

"Yes, we're going to use you every six weeks"

"Er" (bit stunned, to be honest)

"So if we're regular, how about you do us a deal?"

"Has it occurred to you that all of our customers are regular?"

"We'll pay cash"

"Most of our customers pay cash and I pay my taxes so there's no benefit to us"

"How about £8?"

"Pardon?"

"I'll pay £8"

"Why on earth would I do it for that much?"

"I can get you my neighbour as well for £8" (Oh, goody, two underpriced houses!  Need to start enjoying this)

"If your neighbour wants them done I'll do them a special price of £18 as well"

"OK, £10"

"Tell you what, I'll do it for £18"

"You're being very unreasonable"

"Do you do this in McDonald's?  Do you see their price on the menu and haggle?"

Bit more to-ing and fro-ing, then...

"Should I call XXX?" (now this guy is AWFUL.  Simply terrible.  I've picked up business from him since I started and when people show me the job he's been doing, I laugh.  I cannot begin to tell you how bad he is.  He's so bad that I can't inflict him even on a joker like this)

"I wouldn't call him, to be honest.  He'll do a house your size for around the price you're looking for, but he'll do a truly terrible job and will turn up when he feels like it.  I can't recommend him.  By all means phone around but leave him off your list"

"OK, I'll give him a call".

Vin i have sent you an email

regards
bob

Jonny 87

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 09:10:51 am »
Lol.

Well done. :)

I have a no haggling policy aswell.

If people got word that you drop your price when questioned then everyone would probably try it.

I just offer what I think is a fair price and that's the end of it.

Only thing I may of said to her is, I could do the fronts only for £8?

Mayb.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

bobplum

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2014, 09:12:03 am »
i drop the odd £1 but thats it

C o z y

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2014, 09:30:20 am »
What a strange person  ??? Why would 18 quid be an issue? Who wants custies like that?
No still don't understand, I must be thick

SeanK

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2014, 09:45:13 am »
We have all come across guys like that but there's nothing strange about it.
Have we all not haggled when buying certain products, electrical items and vehicles come to mind.
I wouldn't have dropped my price but wouldn't blame anybody for trying to save a few quid.

Perfect Windows

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2014, 09:49:28 am »
I thought the strangeness came from going off to phone someone I'd warned them about in the clearest terms in order to get the price they wanted.  It felt like they wanted to pay £8 for something rather than £18 and that they didn't care what they were buying.

steve123

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2014, 09:55:43 am »
He was probably acting on orders from "her in doors"  ;D

In which case he didn't want them done, he didn't want to pay, and he didn't care about the quality.

He will most likely employ your mate!!  ;)   wait a couple of months, tell "her in doors" its a waste of money as they are as dirty as when he started, and sack him.  ;D

Have you never been married!!!!! Thats how it works  ;D

Ian101

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2014, 09:59:10 am »
only haggled twice and they both are now ex customers ... messers / slow payers etc  ::)roll

SeanK

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2014, 10:13:33 am »
I thought the strangeness came from going off to phone someone I'd warned them about in the clearest terms in order to get the price they wanted.  It felt like they wanted to pay £8 for something rather than £18 and that they didn't care what they were buying.

Some people just don't want to know, I would have talked him into taking on the cowboy just for
the hell of it.
Maybe he might learn something from it.

wfp master

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2014, 10:27:53 am »
Great boxer.

Perfect Windows

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2014, 10:33:22 am »
Vin i have sent you an email

regards
bob

I'll get to my emails this evening.  Hope it included a tenner.

Vin

daveappleby

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2014, 10:33:52 am »
Excellent. Made me chuckle. I hate people trying to push the price down. I have joked before by saying "tell you what, how about I do them for free" and they even said yeah ok!!!!

Perfect Windows

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2014, 10:35:59 am »

In which case he didn't want them done, he didn't want to pay, and he didn't care about the quality.

He will most likely employ your mate!!  ;)   wait a couple of months, tell "her in doors" its a waste of money as they are as dirty as when he started, and sack him.  ;D

'Twas a woman.

R W C™

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2014, 10:37:20 am »

'Twas a woman.

I was just about to ask how everyone new it was a man as it's normally women who do this sort of thing

mufcglen

« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2014, 11:01:00 am »
I out a post on here a few weeks ago about these hagglers, I love it when they say such a body used to do it for so much, then you say why don't you find them again but they can't because that guy that was doing 18 windows for £4 soon realised it wasn't working and let them down!
I've bummed 3 jobs off the last few weeks where they tried haggling, these types of parasites sorry customers want owt for nowt and they'll be the ones that go out inspecting every little bit if the windows not that a do a bad job anyway!

Paul Coleman

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2014, 11:29:15 am »
I won't take such jobs even if they eventually agree to my price.  This is because once they realise they can't knock the price, they will try for extra freebies instead.

Bay View WCS

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2014, 11:46:32 am »
I never, ever haggle. The price I quote is the price that I am happy to clean the windows for - why would I then agree to clean for a price lower than I am happy with - that would quickly build resentment and I am not going to start the business relationship off that way.

Cheers, Tom

PoleKing

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2014, 11:49:10 am »
I'm gonna buck the trend.
I don't mind hagglers.
I price high anyway so a couple of quid saved in their eyes is no skin off my nose.
I usually counter with 'I can only do that price for direct debit though, paid double today and taken in advance'
Works about half of the time.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

DaveG

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2014, 12:31:46 pm »
Was she Asian?
You can't polish a turd