This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

DaveG

Re: How I got in to this game
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2014, 07:07:20 pm »
the worst job i ever had lasted 20 mins then i walked out! ;D ;D ;D

i was on the dole in 1991 for about 10 months,some agency work came up at £2-50 an hour in piccadilly manchester in a diecasting factory making metal cogs and machinery parts.anyway got down there and all i could see was massive bits of machinery,forklifts trucks,hot molten metal being poured into big containers and eyes and teeth through the darkness/ steam.full of black workers.to be honest i felt sorry for them working in such awful conditions.

no way could i have worked in that place!

thank god for window cleaning eh? :)

I did that (foundry work) for 17 years Daz!  :o :o

God, I get bored if I'm on a job for 2 hours now!

17 years Jeez
You can't polish a turd

Fin Clearview

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2014, 08:38:00 pm »
Left school at 15, grafted for my uncles WC firm in Sevenoaks Kent for 2 years with about 10 other blokes working for him. He taught me WC. He recently died which was upsetting as I wouldn't be doing it if it wasn't for him. Did a bit of building work for another uncle after that and bummed about for a bit until I was 23 then went for WC job at the grand hotel Brighton which I got and did 4 years, it was the best job I've had although the pay was dire! I then decided I had to move on after I was offered to work for another WC. I did this for 2 years and then subbed work from him and paid him his cut until I ended up buying areas from him paying off each week. I'm now 39 and still love the job! I must be mad!!

paulben

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2014, 08:50:33 pm »
started 9 yrs ago wanted to overcome my fear of ladders/heights. Now wfp but still use a ladder from time to time just for the fun of it
Do not steal the government hates competition

j timms

« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2014, 09:10:14 pm »
1988 summer holidays went window cleaning with dad. Supposed to go back to 6 form but never did. Worked for my dad for 2 years then we fell out so worked for someone else for nearly 20 years . Fortunately he sold me a round about 6 years ago and I went wfp two years ago or though I still trad a lot . 26 years window cleaning what a sad twat

dazmond

« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2014, 09:57:00 pm »
i dont think there is anything sad about "window cleaning"or any other job/business.your not on the dole getting benefits are you?

where i live there is a lot of people that have never had a job and there mums and dads have never worked either.

now i think that is sad.why settle for that?

ok we re not saving lives but we can hold our heads up high knowing that we are paying our way in life instead of being a drain on society.

very best wishes to you all

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

C o z y

« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2014, 08:07:21 am »
I lost my job as a psychic.  I didn't see it coming.

Then I got a job as a historian, but I realised there was no future in it.

So here I am scrubbing birdsh*t off windows.  Tell you what, though, if a bird sh*t on my windows I wouldn't go out with her again.

Vin

I've hit the report to moderator button for those jokes Vin. Expect a ban  >:(

;D
No still don't understand, I must be thick

Window Lickers

« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2014, 08:22:15 am »
thank god for window cleaning eh? :)

Aint that the truth.
Liberace's ex looking to meet well built men for cottaging meets.