This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mufcglen

dirty upvc cleaning
« on: February 28, 2014, 05:30:06 pm »
had a monster of a job today, the white upvc was really dark grey and in the past ive just used tfr or magic sponges, today however neither of those really ate into it, i even used the tfr neat!
got to a stage i was happy with and the customer was chuffed but next month i want something that will eat it right off.
is ubik or virosol strong stuff for cleaning upvc?

James Bulton

Re: dirty upvc cleaning
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 05:54:03 pm »
If it has anything green on it. I just add household bleach( half half) to my TFR as it kills the mildew and bleaches the whites and the green   just fall off.  Just remember it will bleach you clothing. Ps only white connies not the wood finish ones as it will leave marks. G101 or Magica has bleach in already. I have removed green mildew on a few custies painted walls were it bleeds down of sills.

Avo

Re: dirty upvc cleaning New
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2014, 05:58:27 pm »
I did a job mega hard job was a few years worth of rust on it "nightmare"

Tried
G101 no go
Virosol no go
Upvc cream cleaner no go

Upvc solvent cleaner yessssss   ;D

Paul Doig

Re: dirty upvc cleaning
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2014, 06:09:59 pm »
had a monster of a job today, the white upvc was really dark grey and in the past ive just used tfr or magic sponges, today however neither of those really ate into it, i even used the tfr neat!
got to a stage i was happy with and the customer was chuffed but next month i want something that will eat it right off.
is ubik or virosol strong stuff for cleaning upvc?

If you are takling about window frames then you can get cheap ready to use PVC cleaner in the shops, or even just CIF. If you are talking a larger area such as fascia, then you can get concentrated PVC cleaner (it works out cheaper). It is available on eBay and various trade cleaning product suppliers. I buy mine from a local supplier in Northern Ireland. Be careful as a number of PVC cleaners contain silicon. This leave the PVC looking nice, but you can't allow it to dry on windows.

Ubik & Virosol and general purpose cleaners, though some people do use them for PVC, I have always used cleaner specifically for PVC.

The stuff that I use:
http://mistralie.co.uk/products/pvc-cleaner-concentrate