Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

H20cleaning

FAO Alex G
« on: February 27, 2014, 11:12:14 pm »
I was one of the people who bought a pole with that poor hose in september.
I tried ordering some of the free new stuff a couple of weeks ago but must not of processed.
I just went on the website to find that the details have changed on the new all weather pole hose, and now its full price.
Just checking that i am not eligible for a free sample before i place the order.

Many thanks Adam

ben M

Re: FAO Alex G
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 11:37:57 pm »
 ;D

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 08:04:55 am »
I tried ordering some of the free new stuff a couple of weeks ago but must not of processed.
I just went on the website to find that the details have changed on the new all weather pole hose, and now its full price.
Just checking that i am not eligible for a free sample before i place the order.

Many thanks Adam

The free upgrade offer has now ended. Any orders for free hose placed that did not fall within the exact purchase criteria (9th of September and the 10th of December) were simply cancelled and refunded as the T&C said on the website at the time.

This hose can either be purchased in pre-made pole hose packs - http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/Telescopic-Pole-Hose-Packs-Hose_Packs.html or it can be bought by the 30m or 100m at a time.

The hose that was previously fitted was not in itself 'poor hose' it just did not cope as well with the range of temperatures that we are now getting as part of a UK winter. The new hose was in development at the time and has been formulated to cope with temperatures down to -10°C

Flash..

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2014, 08:40:10 am »

Many thanks Adam

The free upgrade offer has now ended. Any orders for free hose placed that did not fall within the exact purchase criteria (9th of September and the 10th of December) were simply cancelled and refunded as the T&C said on the website at the time.

This hose can either be purchased in pre-made pole hose packs - http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/Telescopic-Pole-Hose-Packs-Hose_Packs.html or it can be bought by the 30m or 100m at a time.

The hose that was previously fitted was not in itself 'poor hose' it just did not cope as well with the range of temperatures that we are now getting as part of a UK winter. The new hose was in development at the time and has been formulated to cope with temperatures down to -10°C

I am a gardiners fan but I think the answer from Alex sounds like a politician, the hose is rubbish and he should admit he got that one wrong.  We have had a very mild winter in Dorset so nothing to do with extreme weather causing problems for the hose.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2014, 08:47:40 am »

Many thanks Adam

I am a gardiners fan but I think the answer from Alex sounds like a politician, the hose is rubbish and he should admit he got that one wrong.  We have had a very mild winter in Dorset so nothing to do with extreme weather causing problems for the hose.

I have the advantage of knowing exactly how much of the previous hose was used and for how long and this does give me a more accurate perspective.

The hose that was previously being used, and had been on all of our poles for more than a year, had been used/sold more than 80,000m of this formulation. We also still have a small stock of this hose in our warehouse for those clients that still prefer it.

It was only the desire to seriously improve the performance of it in face of the unusually early cold snap (yes even down here in Cornwall) and feedback from clients that led us to bring forward a switch-over date.

H20cleaning

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2014, 08:57:11 am »
Well i can assure you i have called it alot worse than "poor hose" when getting snagged 10-20 times a day. Realistically the amount of people who complained about it, i thought you would of admitted it was faulty or should of been named as summer hose.
Not to worry will order some more appropriate hose.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2014, 09:37:34 am »
Well i can assure you i have called it alot worse than "poor hose" when getting snagged 10-20 times a day. Realistically the amount of people who complained about it, i thought you would of admitted it was faulty or should of been named as summer hose.
Not to worry will order some more appropriate hose.

This is the thing, there were probably 4000+ clients using the previous hose and we only had a small percentage who gave us negative feedback. For me the decision came when the hose that I had been using on my work for about 6 months with no issues suddenly became painful to use when the temperature hit about -1°C in early December in Cornwall. At that point I decided to bring forward the new all-season hose introduction.

We then gave the new hose away to anyone who had bought a pole in the previous 3 months and had the 30m reels on special offer at less than it cost us to make, to try and provide the best service we could and also to promote it. This was taken up by our client base very enthusiastically to the tune of about 40,000m of the new hose in just 6 weeks - I realize that this will not be enough to keep everyone happy, but I thought it was a good try  :)

Drop me an email with the purchase date or invoice number of your pole purchase and your full name and address. If it falls within the previous criteria I can get a replacement hose pack sent out to you for just the cost of the postage.

H20cleaning

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2014, 10:01:54 am »
This was my first order with Gardiners and a was really happy with everything until these cold mornings:) pole is excellent though.

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2014, 10:11:06 am »
Will have a look and see what we have left mate, if i have enough i will send you some.

Would hate to think somebody hasnt got this new super duper hose ;)

H20cleaning

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2014, 10:35:50 am »
Will have a look and see what we have left mate, if i have enough i will send you some.

Would hate to think somebody hasnt got this new super duper hose ;)

Is it quality stuff?
I just used the clear microbore until i went to gardiners and never had a problem with it, except it was to weak and occasionally got tiny hose in it

robert mitchell

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2014, 10:42:04 am »
seriously - i can't believe how much people moan on here!

I had the old hose on my slx and although it wasn't perfect it was much much better than the hose on my ionics pole which coils up and tangles even in the summer when its 30c.

I see no reason why Gardiners had to offer free hose to people who had bought poles in the last three months , it was just a nice thing to do.

Just because something gets improved that doesn't necessarily mean the old version was faulty .
www.ishinewindowcleaning.co.uk

The man who never made a mistake never made anything.

H20cleaning

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2014, 10:52:34 am »
seriously - i can't believe how much people moan on here!

I had the old hose on my slx and although it wasn't perfect it was much much better than the hose on my ionics pole which coils up and tangles even in the summer when its 30c.

I see no reason why Gardiners had to offer free hose to people who had bought poles in the last three months , it was just a nice thing to do.

Just because something gets improved that doesn't necessarily mean the old version was faulty .

When you spend nearly £300 on your first order to have a pole wich should speed up your day, then something as silly as a hose coiling up all the time slows you down its annoying.

You obviously have been WFP for longer than me and can compare hoses, however the only previous hose i had was clear microbore, wich i never had any problems with other than it got holes in after a while.

robert mitchell

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2014, 10:59:15 am »
I have not been wfp that long, i just made a few mistakes with equipment when starting out so have been upgrading stuff , particularly poles .

I wish i had brought extremes at the start as it would have saved me money.

so changing poles several times means i have tried a few .

the orange ionics stuff on my glider still coils up like it came of the roll yesterday and its over a year old.

The new gardiners stuff is an improvement on the old stuff though and worth upgrading in my opinion.
www.ishinewindowcleaning.co.uk

The man who never made a mistake never made anything.

8weekly

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2014, 11:02:58 am »
The new All Season hose coils as much as the previous hose. It's horrible and time wasting. The hose before that was excellent. In fact I took it off my retired CLX and put it on my newish SLX and it is soooo much better. It's nearly three years old but doesn't coil up.

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2014, 11:34:21 am »
I dont suffer with any coiling at all when i am cleaning. So maybe its technique?

8weekly

« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2014, 11:42:21 am »
I dont suffer with any coiling at all when i am cleaning. So maybe its technique?
I use a tap and I don't think it suits that way of working.

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2014, 11:44:53 am »
I use a tap, but its at the brush end. I couldn't be doing with loops.

H20cleaning

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2014, 11:45:47 am »
This is the first negative comment i have heard on the new hose

8weekly

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2014, 12:54:32 pm »
I only find the loop a problem when the hose coils. I can't see the point of a tap on the brush. If you have a tap there, why not have an aquadaptor?

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2014, 01:49:38 pm »
I only find the loop a problem when the hose coils. I can't see the point of a tap on the brush. If you have a tap there, why not have an aquadaptor?

I have an aquadapter, i find its a great set up.

extreme pole and sill brush. Very light and very fast setup.

The only issue i have is i could save some water per day, but whats the point. Water is a very cheep substance in this game considering what you can earn per L