This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

do you use thermobore plus?
« on: February 27, 2014, 08:52:03 pm »
i think i made a mistake buying the red thermobore.your right ben i couldnt fit it all on my reel!i thought it would fit no problem but had to cut 10m off it. ::)roll

so now i only have 90m on my reel and i could do with the full 100m on  a few jobs a month.

its heavy and clumsy and looping up all over the place at the moment.itll probably calm down when i get hot water pumping through it though! ;D

im seriously thinking of just using hot water say 6 months a year now(oct-march)with the thermobore and cold water from april-sept with standard microbore.that way itll only cost me £300 in gas a year instead of £600.

how are you guys getting on with it?

regards

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

Dave Willis

Re: do you use thermobore plus?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 09:06:09 pm »
Interesting topic. I use ordinary Thermobore and ran out of gas this afternoon. Hose was useless - rock hard and throwing coils off the reel. It did cross my mind to change hose from summer to winter.

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 09:23:34 pm »
dave i have 100m of standard microbore on a claber reel and i used it the other day and it was so much easier and lighter to loop together and drag around.i was using cold water with this hose.

on my redashe reel i now have 90m of thermobore plus.tomorrow will be my first day using it with hot water.all my jobs tomorrow are commercial bar one domestic job.i wont need to use the full 90m but itll be close on one job in particular.

im even thinking whether hot water is worth it overall.

taking in the extra cost of gas and the general extra faff with hoses and boilers etc im not sure its worth the extra expense.im no quicker really.just more comfortable to use.

on really dirty conny roofs and fascias i usually use virosol and plug into customers outside taps anyway so the benefits of  hot water are marginal at best methinks.

deeege

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 09:26:48 pm »
I can obviously see the benefits of hot water on first cleans, conservatory cleans etc but we have had the mildest winter for years (only 2 frosts so far here) is hot really required on regular maintenance cleans? Do the benefits really outweigh all of these hassles you are having?  

"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

wfp master

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2014, 09:34:37 pm »
I can obviously see the benefits of hot water on first cleans, conservatory cleans etc but we have had the mildest winter for years (only 2 frosts so far here) is hot really required on regular maintenance cleans? Do the benefits really outweigh all of these hassles you are having?  

+1 not needed all day every day.

Dave Willis

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2014, 09:39:44 pm »
I'm with Dazmond on this. The trouble is once you use hot water I'm convinced it ruins your hose so that it becomes really stiff for cold water. I shouldn't need to be cleaning with hot water with temperatures around 10 degrees outside but to clean with cold in my current reel is a nightmare.

Still, snow tomorrow!

ben M

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2014, 10:22:45 pm »
Daz, the thermobore plus with cold water is a nightmare! too heavy and clumsy. With hot water, much lighter and easy to use. To be honest i had hot water like you about the same time, i don't think is much better than cold except like yesterday i did a first clean,very dirty and green frames, was brilliant,otherwise no need it to be honest but still warm a bit my hose for an easy operation

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2014, 10:32:31 pm »
the thing is ben using 100m of standard microbore the other day was FAR EASIER than using thermbore with hot water negating the use of heating the water up in the first place!!

it was an absolute joy to use.this is brand new standard microbore from gardiners!

we all spend a lot of time dragging long hoses around and looping them together.you just cant beat microbore.

dazmond

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2014, 10:38:21 pm »
ben for really dirty first cleans and conny roofs,fascias etc a quick squirt of virosol on your brush or the surface to be cleaned loosens up the dirt and makes it easier to clean anyway!without hot water(or the added expense!)

dannymack

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2014, 04:12:00 pm »
Daz don't know why it don't fit ? I've got a resash reel 240 I think it is and I bought that thermo 8mm red hose fitted on mine with no probs !!!

Mine twisted abit at first then was ok after a while with the heat going thru it.
I took it off in the end as I use the hexagon 2mm pencil jets and for some reason this hose kept makeing them fall out the brush and hose. Lost about 4 of them so went back to the 8mm yellow hose and they are fine with the warm water strange.
Them jets that are fitted in the brush I find they slow my water speed down so have to buy these hexagon ones from Omnipole ? 🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧

James Bulton

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2014, 06:20:17 pm »
The reason the thermo bore will tangle and also be to long for your your reels is because the hose has a memory been mainly
poli-urethane the same as the pole hose.Its a nightmare when its cold and nice and soft when its hot. If the thermo bore is hot it will stretch and when it cools off as you close the pole water off,  it will keep the stretched length.I had this problem in the start and found it was 5/6 meters longer so cut 20 meters off and added fitting to extend for the few were I need a longer hose.