This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Clever Forum Name

Re: Flow controllers, flow and pumps
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2014, 07:32:15 pm »
I would like a "control panel" type gizmo for window cleaning.

Something you can ideally add to depending on what you wanted.

So you could have pump control for pumps one and two.

On and off switches

tds in and out, tds warning beeper over say 10ppm

LCD voltage gauges

Water level in tanks (if black)

Preset memory settings for higher jobs.

Things like that and more.

Us idiots window cleaners love to spend money well i do.

G & M

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2014, 10:24:48 pm »
Thanks Ian, I am also interested in a 15 amp controller as I might change from the 2.6 ltr a minute pentaflex to a 15 ltr a minute pump.

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2014, 08:52:16 am »
Lee,

Thanks for putting my post into a different perspective with your side. Personally, I'm interested in the boring technical stuff and having someone (anyone) to put some light hearted banter into it to liven it up I personally find very distracting. But that's me.

Perry has done a few useful technical videos I admit – ie how many times to scrub a window to get it clean was a helpful one, but I find his meet the customer videos he does most irritating as he ‘clowns’ around and shows off in front of the camera.

I appreciate that as a hands-on window cleaner yourself you will have views and ideas that are built up with the experience you have gained personally in your own business environment, as I have. Some of those views and opinions may differ from what your readers/viewers believe.
It must be rather difficult to take a neutral, unbiased stance when presenting features that involve or can involve your personal likes and dislikes, eg, clamps could be one of them.

I'm not aware of the overhead electric power lines and a Gardiner pole story, but if I was Alex I would also have replaced that pole for free and got the other one back for analysis. It certainly wouldn’t have been replaced under warranty.  There is nothing better than having an actual sample to inspect as I would assume that an onsite high voltage test isn’t standard practice with pole manufacturers. 

I fully understand and totally agree to what you have said :)

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2014, 08:55:57 am »
Alex Gardiner, has been approached a few times in relation to WCM TV projects but has told me that its not for him.

Ha ha, sounds like I hit the nail on the head!
Peter, you should know that my very first written review was on one of Alex Gardiners products. And we have interviewed Alex on many occasions for WCM. Not sure what more I can add to that. You have not hit any nail on the head. In fact you have it upside down and back to front. But you are entitled to your view, but not entitled to be rude as before. Have I been clear enough for you?

Pete Thompson

« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2014, 07:36:18 pm »
No I don't think you have been clear enough sorry, more clarity is clearly needed.

So just to be absolutely clearly clear, are you saying that when you asked Alex your moronic questions, he very clearly didn't think to himself (as I'm sure many people did me included) "this blokes an idiot"

Because frankly I don't see how you could know what he was thinking, clearly or otherwise, and he was and is probably too polite to say.

Ian Sheppard

« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2014, 10:06:24 am »
Thanks Ian, I am also interested in a 15 amp controller as I might change from the 2.6 ltr a minute pentaflex to a 15 ltr a minute pump.

The V11 Dual is available from our distributors http://www.springltd.co/node/134

The Unit has a max current rating of 15 amps, So this could be two 8 amp pumps or a single pump with higher rating.

It is worth mentioning that a pump will rarely draw its maximum current rating,
V16 Is Here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AhbZirSlpI&t=8s
Polarity Protect technology

Ian Sheppard

« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2014, 10:31:17 am »
I would like a "control panel" type gizmo for window cleaning.

Something you can ideally add to depending on what you wanted.

So you could have pump control for pumps one and two.

On and off switches

tds in and out, tds warning beeper over say 10ppm

LCD voltage gauges

Water level in tanks (if black)

Preset memory settings for higher jobs.

Things like that and more.

Us idiots window cleaners love to spend money well i do.

We have developed a panel controller for one of our Dutch distributors. There are products in development with similar features to those on your wish list. There is a product on the market with dual TDS the Liquid logic V2 This unit will also manage tank filling and TDS

On Off of the pump can be achieved with a radio remote, Either the factory fitted Ultimate units or the Stand alone retro fit remote

Also available as is a dual unit that can run two pumps independently. This Unit can be supplied with TDS.

Measuring water level in a tank is complex, The panel i mention uses an analogue float sensor however this can be effected by a range of outside influences for example the gradient of the road of even baffles in tanks.
We did also look at an ultrasonic sensor however background noise of passing traffic again can effect the accuracy.

The Controllers are an on one level very complex, yet deliberately designed to make daily use straight forward. Adding something to a control in the field is not as easy as it sounds as connections to the PCB would need to be made to allow for new hardware plus the control would then need the Firmware (program) integrating so it knows what it is reading and what to do with the information.

Some of what you are looking for there are units that will provide those features and in the future well who knows.
V16 Is Here

Window Lickers

« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2014, 10:44:27 am »
Nice thread. No egos. Nice one lads.
Liberace's ex looking to meet well built men for cottaging meets.

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2014, 02:29:52 pm »
I see I was mentioned earlier, and just for the record I have nothing against Ian in any way.  I was advocating the none use of controllers long before I had even heard of Ian, at that time there was only Varistreams on the market.  I do feel a bit guilty sometimes when I promote the none use of controllers, but would be doing the window cleaner an injustice if I didn't mention it.  I have had lots of people in the past thank me for expressing my views.  The Way I see it is Ian is simply giving the window cleaner what they want, and fair play. Hope he sees it the same way.

Ian Sheppard

« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2014, 02:52:32 pm »
I see I was mentioned earlier, and just for the record I have nothing against Ian in any way.  I was advocating the none use of controllers long before I had even heard of Ian, at that time there was only Varistreams on the market.  I do feel a bit guilty sometimes when I promote the none use of controllers, but would be doing the window cleaner an injustice if I didn't mention it.  I have had lots of people in the past thank me for expressing my views.  The Way I see it is Ian is simply giving the window cleaner what they want, and fair play. Hope he sees it the same way.

By its nature a forum is a place for differing opinion and presentation of ideas, different working methods and a sharing of experience. It is entirely the right place for expressing views and offering people choices and the opportunity to find what works best for them.
I recognize and respect those differing opinions as it provides a greater insight into working methods together with the opportunity to listen and learn.
V16 Is Here

jonboywalton75

« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2014, 10:07:47 am »
I started out using one of those £25 ish controllers off eBay,   it worked fine,  until I realised that the best setting was,  100% on full.
I removed  the controller from my setup and I'm not sure that I would ever have one again.
Having said that,  I like a high flow as it enables me to work very fast.
Fast as in approx 5,  4 bed detached houses per hour.  Result!!!!
Not saying that controllers don't have there place,   but someone would need to convince me to change.