Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

j.v. price ltd

Advertising
« on: February 26, 2014, 01:21:38 pm »
Hi All

Just doing some research that i hope you can all help with,

Where do you advitise and how much do you spend in a 12 month period??

What do you feel is the best type of advertising

Thanks in advance

alfie11

Re: Advertising
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 03:17:43 pm »
I have had a lot of calls from writing my phone number on back of toilet doors :-*

PoleKing

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 05:53:20 pm »
Adwords. £40(odd) PCM
Parish mag £132 PA
Benefice mag £240 PA
Nat Jones doing some SEO on my website (included on new website)
Becci Swan doing lead procurement. £50PCM

I'm actually more than full now.
I'll stop the paid for advertising in April and cull the worst work I've got.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

Mike #1

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2014, 05:54:45 pm »
Own design flyers from vistaprint coupled with a top notch website  courtesy of Mr Nathanael  Jones , Annual spend is less than £150 with web hosting .

With flyers it is all about what you put on them , Get it right and they work get it wrong then you have wasted your money .

Signed vehicle also works for me magnetic signs from a local company , With all those i have a good presence locally . Mike

bobplum

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2014, 08:13:49 pm »
I have had a lot of calls from writing my phone number on back of toilet doors :-*

you were engaged when i called >:(

CleanClear

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2014, 08:24:18 pm »
Hi All

Just doing some research that i hope you can all help with,

Where do you advitise and how much do you spend in a 12 month period??

What do you feel is the best type of advertising

Thanks in advance

Thats a great question. What sort of area are you talking about advertising in ? A town, City, wider "shire" area or Nationally ?
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

Smudger

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2014, 08:44:42 pm »
I thought of buying a number of post code areas from a web site dedicated to window cleaners that promised lots of exclusive residential leads and commercial contracts...

Thinks it was gonna cost around £80 per month...

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

j.v. price ltd

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2014, 08:45:29 pm »
Hi all

Thanks for the feedback please keep it coming

I have picked up an old project and it is my plan to give a lot back to the industry this year and need this info to try and help bring some good solutions for the man on the street.

I have trialled something behind the scenes and had some great results for a select few, now we want to look at a national roll out in the coming months, but I want it to be as simple as possible and try to fit to the masses needs.

Please give good feedback and answers as it will all help

Charlie

deeege

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2014, 08:53:29 pm »
I've just had a Déjà Vu.....
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

CleanClear

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2014, 08:55:41 pm »
I thought of buying a number of post code areas from a web site dedicated to window cleaners that promised lots of exclusive residential leads and commercial contracts...

Thinks it was gonna cost around £80 per month...

Darran

Who was that ?

j.v. price ltd

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2014, 08:59:43 pm »
To all that will start we have heard this before, before it starts the project has not stopped behind the scenes we have just been making it perfect before we launch it to all, we are just looking for further info from the man on the street to try and make it better!

CleanClear

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2014, 09:11:32 pm »
To all that will start we have heard this before, before it starts the project has not stopped behind the scenes we have just been making it perfect before we launch it to all, we are just looking for further info from the man on the street to try and make it better!

Hi Charlie, just for clarification, is this an old project or a new one there seems conflicting statements here?

j.v. price ltd

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2014, 09:16:49 pm »

Hi Charlie, just for clarification, is this an old project or a new one there seems conflicting statements here?

It's a old project that we trialled a year or so back, we have since been developing it further, to get it 100% before we launch it to all, it has taken a lot longer than expected, we have a great team on board that have developed it into a real game changer we feel, we are now just looking to find out where guys and girls current spends are, and what they think works best, to help us develop it even further!!

deeege

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2014, 09:22:15 pm »
This years estimated advertising spend:

£300 local parish magazine X 3 areas

£150 advertising board at local sports / tennis club

£200 website (minor tweaks and hosting etc)

Still have ~5000 leaflets to deliver but the hit rate is terrible so might not bother.

Is this the much talked about Nationwide window cleaning site that disappeared off the face of the earth a couple of years back?
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

j.v. price ltd

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2014, 09:32:55 pm »
This years estimated advertising spend:

£300 local parish magazine X 3 areas

£150 advertising board at local sports / tennis club

£200 website (minor tweaks and hosting etc)

Still have ~5000 leaflets to deliver but the hit rate is terrible so might not bother.

Is this the much talked about Nationwide window cleaning site that disappeared off the face of the earth a couple of years back?

It is indeed, when trailling it we had some great results and feedback, found some bugs and issues, since then we have been tweeking and updating since

Smudger

« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2014, 06:56:19 am »
Hi all

I have picked up an old project and it is my plan to give a lot back to the industry this year and need this info to try and help bring some good solutions for the man on the street.

Charlie

So by giving, you mean selling, or are providing this FOC?

Why do you believe that the national windowcleaners site will work this time when it was doomed to failure before?

I'm not being critical, or having a pop but it's all a bit odd that you want people to give freely their advertising budgets and stratagies, yet, like others wish to remain cloak and dagger on what their project is...
I am uncomfortable about the one way flow of information...

If you want to Email me direct I'll happily discuss our various advertising campaigns

Cheers
Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

j.v. price ltd

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2014, 07:26:59 am »
Hi all

Charlie

So by giving, you mean selling, or are providing this FOC?

Why do you believe that the national windowcleaners site will work this time when it was doomed to failure before?

I'm not being critical, or having a pop but it's all a bit odd that you want people to give freely their advertising budgets and stratagies, yet, like others wish to remain cloak and dagger on what their project is...
I am uncomfortable about the one way flow of information...

If you want to Email me direct I'll happily discuss our various advertising campaigns

Cheers
Darran

Darren

By giving I mean my time and services to assist the guys that want to try and progress further a develop their businesses, there will be a cost involved and that was the reason for this topic, we want the site to be affordable but also deliver quality results and service for the clients, I guess value for money, what we have found from the trial carried out before was that it was very hard to find a one fits all solution, we had people saying £30 a month is to much for the service and some saying I wish to buy 5 areas!

You mention the site was doomed, the site has brought in some 2000 enquiries for work since it went live as a test, guys that bought trial area still have those areas live and are reciving leads still to date,

We had 2 or the guy win jobs or work from the site in excess of £10,000

The product in future will speak for it self I'm sure

trevor perry

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2014, 09:10:04 am »
may be we could have the statistics of what work was received or even quoted for by people who joined your scheme last time, i do remember quite a few did get work and as mentioned a couple got some large jobs, but unfortunately there where many that got nothing at all not even any enquiries, so can you tell us what you have done to make it different this time.
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

j.v. price ltd

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2014, 10:08:24 am »
We only have statistics of enquirers, we can not guarantee any works as it is only advertising, we have heard some good stories back from people on here and off, what happens after you receive the email with the enquiry is in your hands!!!

Advertising is always a gamble as with any type you may deliver  1000 leaflets and not get one call and bang on three doors and get all three houses

What we hope is that brand awareness makes a difference, if someone finds a local window cleaner on the site with ease and gets a good service from the local contractor then they can pass on the details of Nationwide to any friends or family anywhere in the UK about finding a good window cleaner.

We plan to optimise key words nationally for window cleaning with a large budget to then use the site to filter those enquiries down to the local window cleaner!!

I guess a way of looking at it would be a local window cleaner from each town puts there advertising budget into a pot with all the others and this gets spent on a national campaign, we know the only way it will work is to have one person per area to get the exclusive leads again work from them can't be guaranteed!

cgh window cleaning

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2014, 11:20:42 am »
I purchased a couple of areas Stevenage/Knebworth and received a couple of leads when it first launched.,had I still been paying the monthly subscription I probably would have stopped it by now but saying that I did get work from it.

If it was to work it could be very successful but I have seen a couple of other companys try to do the same like nationwide one being quality window cleaners and it never really took off the sites go to the top of google on launch but never stay there.my own site is always in the top 5 on page 1 for my area and that works for me.