This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

JSMC

keeping track of your work
« on: February 26, 2014, 06:40:17 am »
who still uses the old method of a book n pen?

dave f

Re: keeping track of your work
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 06:58:44 am »
me cos im a computer dinasaur ;D never tried owt else

robertphil

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 07:01:51 am »
hats off to you if u use a book  , i tried and failed

JSMC

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2014, 01:27:16 pm »
what else is everyone using these days ?

Simon Mess

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2014, 03:36:50 pm »
I have a folder with all my work in it with me in the van. Each page has a line of 12 rectangular blocks going across the page, and each line is a customer. I write the date the clean was done in the rectangle and once i have been paid for it, i fill in the rectangle with a green highlighter. I also have a diary with me in the van which i fill in at the end of my day, which would be, which houses i have done, whether i got paid cash or cheque, or did i leave an envelope, or do they pay online, that sort of thing.

At the end of the week i do my banking, usually on saturday. This involves writing everything i have taken in, that week, into my 'takings' book. Everything is dated, and is separated into cash, cheques, and online. This book stays at home.

Smudger

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2014, 04:36:06 pm »
Currently beta testing cleaner planner

Before that window cleaner pro.

We could not function (well mrs smudger) if it was all pen and paper, too many rounds, staff and services to do the old fashioned trad way 😜
Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Tom White

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2014, 04:50:22 pm »
I'm pretty good with spreadsheets and spreedsheet manipulation.

It takes about five minutes to update at the end of each day and it's dead easy to copy it to a 'working list' to get a list of what work is due cleaning or who owes me what.

It also has just about all the customers names, telephone numbers and a lot of e-mail addresses too.

Mike #1

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2014, 05:13:53 pm »
www.aworka.com  Could not do without it i would be totally lost with schedules and it ensures i can store more customer details rather than just address .

Which was the old school way. Mike

JackieW

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2014, 05:28:54 pm »
Book and pen.

PoleKing

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2014, 05:37:24 pm »

It takes about five minutes to update at the end of each day and it's dead easy to copy it to a 'working list' to get a list of what work is due cleaning or who owes me what.

It also has just about all the customers names, telephone numbers and a lot of e-mail addresses too.

+1. Print off each sheet and it equals one days work.
Don't update the spreadsheet until each customer on it has been done (if I get behind or something)
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

Tom White

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2014, 06:38:08 pm »

+1. Print off each sheet and it equals one days work.
Don't update the spreadsheet until each customer on it has been done (if I get behind or something)

I can e-mail it to myself on a regular basis, meaning if my computer dies or house burns down, I've still got all the information too. 

dazmond

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2014, 06:56:50 pm »
george and pocket george.update work while out in the day on PDA.bluetooth hotsync  it onto laptop after work.takes 2 mins.

cuts down on paperwork and general faffing.
price higher/work harder!

PurefectWindowCleaning

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2014, 06:59:31 pm »
We use a week to view diary.

So basiclly a list of customers, start at the top and work your way down, then repeat.

Chuck in a few booked in jobs, when ever work needs to be booked in and just crack on  ;D

Easy

p1w1

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2014, 07:38:34 pm »
cleaner planner for me too

bobplum

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2014, 08:11:55 pm »
gone back to george

Flash..

« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2014, 09:06:45 pm »
I could not cope without George

Marc Stock

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2014, 10:53:52 pm »
I use Act

Tom White

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2014, 10:59:00 pm »
george and pocket george.update work while out in the day on PDA.bluetooth hotsync  it onto laptop after work.takes 2 mins.

I know the names of just about all my customers because they're on my spreadsheet, of which I print out a list of jobs which has all the customers details on it.

And I know the names because when I knock for the money I just have a look at the bit of paper **knock knock** "Morning Mrs Jones, that'll be a tenner please!".

If I had to fiddle about with a PDA, I'd probably not bother.

And people do like you using their names.  After a while I remember them and when I see them in Tescos it's "Afternoon Mrs Jones!".  It's a nice little touch and they make an effort to know mine too.

Herve garrot

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2014, 01:00:08 am »
I'm using a file:no mess no fuss and efficient!!!

Mike #1

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2014, 05:53:20 am »

I know the names of just about all my customers because they're on my spreadsheet, of which I print out a list of jobs which has all the customers details on it.

And I know the names because when I knock for the money I just have a look at the bit of paper **knock knock** "Morning Mrs Jones, that'll be a tenner please!".

If I had to fiddle about with a PDA, I'd probably not bother.

And people do like you using their names.  After a while I remember them and when I see them in Tescos it's "Afternoon Mrs Jones!".  It's a nice little touch and they make an effort to know mine too.

Everyone's surname in Wales is Jones isn't it  ;D ;D ;D ;D . Mike