Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

robertphil

santander , cleaning of
« on: February 24, 2014, 07:43:56 pm »
any of you lads doin a santander  for ARL , have you had a mail telling you the conditions have changed?   i have theyre wanting the screens on the counter doing / entrance wall and door closer doing for no increase in price .
  what dyou think ?

PoleKing

Re: santander , cleaning of
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 07:45:51 pm »
Depends how much you need the work.

I had a change similar for another company recently.
They just wrote on the bottom of each chit sheet xxx not done.
Still got paid.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 07:47:16 pm »
Halifax just done the same to us, just ignored it as the cleaner does em anyway.

robertphil

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014, 07:50:44 pm »
Halifax just done the same to us, just ignored it as the cleaner does em anyway.
who are you doing it for ?

i was doin 2 tesco full size for ARL but theyv lost the contract .  and havnt been cleaned since mid Jan now .          im waitin to see them get cleaned  by somebody new -then i will drop santander , daft money anyway

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2014, 08:10:09 pm »
Will try and find out. It's not
My contract. I just clean it for a
Mate as he does some for me local to him.

Don Kee

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2014, 08:12:30 pm »
Mate of mine had a chat to s couple of lads doing a tesco a couple of weeks ago, sure he said it was for mitie....
Why don't you have a quick google before making stupid comments?

Tom-01

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2014, 08:19:45 pm »
Would it not be better to drop doing work like that for Nationals and use the time canvassing decent paid work? I've never done any sub work for a National but everyone says the money isn't good at all. Just a thought.

robertphil

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2014, 08:36:04 pm »
Would it not be better to drop doing work like that for Nationals and use the time canvassing decent paid work? I've never done any sub work for a National but everyone says the money isn't good at all. Just a thought.
 mostly doing it for a change of scene  .   i think the santander contract  is with ICM "lets keep it clean"   well thats whats on the docket paperwork , i guess that ARL sub it then sub it again to the likes of me

Ian101

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2014, 10:06:40 pm »
any of you lads doin a santander  for ARL , have you had a mail telling you the conditions have changed?   i have theyre wanting the screens on the counter doing / entrance wall and door closer doing for no increase in price .
  what dyou think ?

offer to do the insides of the bandit screens and give yourself a pay rise  ;)

AuRavelling79

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2014, 03:50:54 pm »
  what dyou think ?

Run Forest run!
It's a game of three halves!

jarvy

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2014, 04:16:14 pm »
LOL, you really think you are gonna make good money subbing work and making money for 2 or 3 or 4 other higher up the chain?
Its a mugs game.
I run my business to make money for me, not other people.
www.wedgwoodcleaning.co.uk

"If you were twice as smart, you'd still be stupid"

AuRavelling79

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2014, 04:32:13 pm »
LOL, you really think you are gonna make good money subbing work and making money for 2 or 3 or 4 other higher up the chain?
Its a mugs game.
I run my business to make money for me, not other people.

Quite right!
It's a game of three halves!

robertphil

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2014, 08:40:57 pm »
since starting the thread iv had 3 further emails from ARL , tellin me the contracts soon up and theyre worried us cleaners might not be up to scratch so we all must pull our finger out.   apparently Santander big bosses are doin spot checks on the window cleaning standards across the country . 
  its ridiculous ,a 7 pound job

rz

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2014, 08:47:42 pm »
all the Santander agencies will be shuting soon so unless your cleaning main branches run away now.

PoleKing

« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2014, 09:15:34 pm »
since starting the thread iv had 3 further emails from ARL , tellin me the contracts soon up and theyre worried us cleaners might not be up to scratch so we all must pull our finger out.   apparently Santander big bosses are doin spot checks on the window cleaning standards across the country . 
  its ridiculous ,a 7 pound job

Just stop going.
Stop invoicing.
Ignore their calls.
Do you honestly think you're gonna get chucked? Or forced to lower prices?
You'll feel much better walking away than getting binned.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

robertphil

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2014, 09:23:03 pm »
im hanging on until i see the Tescos i was also doing (ARL lost contract  for them in the new year]  get cleaned, just in case im asked to restart doing them by whoever has now got the tesco contracts ,the santanders  fit in with them.

deeege

Re: santander , cleaning of New
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2014, 09:26:02 pm »
I do a little bit of national work, no small £7 jobs though, only big stores at £45+ per clean.

"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

wfp master

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2014, 09:43:46 pm »
Its a mugs game.
I run my business to make money for  me, not other people.
correct. Why do it to line other peoples pockets.
Get your own & the £££££ are all yours. As you said its a mugs game but some still do it.

wfp master

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2014, 09:59:06 pm »
Would it not be better to drop doing work like that for Nationals and use the time canvassing decent paid work? I've never done any sub work for a National worknal but everyone says the money isn't good at all. Just a thought.
its bottom of the ladder stuff as they say.
Some think its top of the ladder working for a small piece of the cake.