This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

PoleKing

Re: santander , cleaning of
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2014, 10:09:37 pm »
It's not all bad.
I cleaned for Window Clean UK.
Last job I did was £20 for 20 minutes work.
And £5 on a drive by for 1 window and 1 door.
Most national subbing-crap. But not all.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

deeege

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2014, 06:09:12 am »
Would it not be better to drop doing work like that for Nationals and use the time canvassing decent paid work? I've never done any sub work for a National worknal but everyone says the money isn't good at all. Just a thought.
its bottom of the ladder stuff as they say.
Some think its top of the ladder working for a small piece of the cake.

You carry on thinking like that!

Let me tell you though, there is some top quality work out there that happens to be subbed from national WC companies. I'm not talking £7 shops for companies that will do all they can to wriggle out of paying. I'm talking large national stores that pay very good money to the right companies to keep their spotless image intact. £500 and £800 per month contracts are not uncommon for the right stores, with a comparable hourly rate to some of my best domestic work.

Anyway, I'm off to earn a nice chunk (doing a national contract) whilst you sleep.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

cgh window cleaning

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2014, 07:30:33 am »
M & s is now serviced by antac by there own staff.
I sub the Arcadia group shops(top shop,miss selfridge etc)all nice easy jobs and not one is a bad price.

wfp master

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2014, 04:17:48 pm »
Would it not be better to drop doing work like that for Nationals and use the time canvassing decent paid work? I've never done any sub work for a National worknal but everyone says the money isn't good at all. Just a thought.
its bottom of the ladder stuff as they say.
Some think its top of the ladder working for a small piece of the cake.

You carry on thinking like that!

Let me tell you though, there is some top quality work out there that happens to be subbed from national WC companies. I'm not talking £7 shops for companies that will do all they can to wriggle out of paying. I'm talking large national stores that pay very good money to the right companies to keep their spotless image intact. £500 and £800 per month contracts are not uncommon for the right stores, with a comparable hourly rate to some of my best domestic work.

Anyway, I'm off to earn a nice chunk (doing a national contract) whilst you sleep.
i like my sleep ;) i dont want a chunk i want the whole cake. :) cause iam a greedy ******. ;D

AuRavelling79

« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2014, 10:10:22 pm »
im hanging on until i see the Tescos i was also doing (ARL lost contract  for them in the new year]  get cleaned, just in case im asked to restart doing them by whoever has now got the tesco contracts ,the santanders  fit in with them.

So you ask us what we think. Then you say you're hanging on (and doing the extra work) for £7?
It's a game of three halves!

Ian101

« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2014, 11:17:14 pm »
since starting the thread iv had 3 further emails from ARL , tellin me the contracts soon up and theyre worried us cleaners might not be up to scratch so we all must pull our finger out.   apparently Santander big bosses are doin spot checks on the window cleaning standards across the country . 
  its ridiculous ,a 7 pound job

sleepless nights then  ::)roll

robertphil

« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2014, 03:02:49 am »
im ringing up  shouting dave  at ARL  this weekend  to tell him its over and i quit  . i spose hes well used to this

PoleKing

Re: santander , cleaning of New
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2014, 07:50:04 am »
im ringing up  shouting dave  at ARL  this weekend  to tell him its over and i quit  . i spose hes well used to this

Don't do it bobby.
You'll just get yourself worked up.
Just stop going.
Stop invoicing.
And block his number in your phone.
You'll find it much more satisfying. Won't get worked up.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.