This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mufcglen

first day on the pole
« on: February 24, 2014, 06:02:59 pm »
absolutely loved it, the customer found it really interesting too listening to me go on about pure water even picked up her neighbour who says her current windie doesnt do frames and i could see lol
after first job went to second and was umming and ahhing about getting the ladders off the van, got the pole out instead dont even want to look at the ladders anymore.
my clx22 i did find the flexibilty was helpfull though rocking the pole side to side!
only thing im struggling with is the amount of crap that keeps coming out the bottom of the sills,you think youve got enough and go to wipe it with brush and more dribbles out, in the end i just used a micro to wipe the wet sills on the lower windows.

PurefectWindowCleaning

Re: first day on the pole
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 06:16:08 pm »
How many houses did you whip out?

mufcglen

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 07:20:58 pm »
Not many pal as I had a monster conservatory to do, got anouther to do tomorrow too!
Not to mention I'm about 20 jobs behind at the mo lol
Got 4 wfp and 2 trad, nothing to some of you boys lol

mikeyfaerosyth

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014, 10:28:55 pm »
That crap in cills takes forever to try and clean out,if customer has a hose and is not in you can hose it first time you clean

,Ido the fronts then backs then use a micro fibre on front bottoms on most houses if it looks like they need it.

Marc Stock

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2014, 10:45:44 pm »
absolutely loved it, the customer found it really interesting too listening to me go on about pure water even picked up her neighbour who says her current windie doesnt do frames and i could see lol
after first job went to second and was umming and ahhing about getting the ladders off the van, got the pole out instead dont even want to look at the ladders anymore.
my clx22 i did find the flexibilty was helpfull though rocking the pole side to side!
only thing im struggling with is the amount of crap that keeps coming out the bottom of the sills,you think youve got enough and go to wipe it with brush and more dribbles out, in the end i just used a micro to wipe the wet sills on the lower windows.

Just a tip, with problem sills. do your last brush strokes with water turned off. its much better and you wont be standing there ages

mufcglen

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2014, 07:32:05 am »
Cheers guys, I actually did that yesterday in end, got sick of it keep dribbling out from under the sill so just brushed it off in the end!
Got my first conservatory roof today, I've done a few frames and gutters on them but not roofs! It's slightly green but not majorly would I be best just brushing it off or trying a little tfr sprayed into brush head?

gary999

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2014, 07:51:50 am »
Dirt leeching out from between frames and cill is a selling point
of your system,it literally shows how wfp cleans more thoroughly.
I always warn customers that after im gone that dirt can leech
out from under 1st floor and above frames and it is just part of the superior
cleaning process

mufcglen

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2014, 08:00:19 am »
I like your style!!
Good thinking

dannymack

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2014, 11:13:06 am »
I find that first cleans on jobs take alot longer than doing off a ladder, but once you got it nice & cleaned the next cleans and on wards are sooooo much quicker.

So basically the trick is to spend a fair bit of time on the first clean giving frames a good wash and windows a good rinse.
Good luck and give it a few years and you will start to develope neck ache & frozen shoulders pmsl !!!! 👍🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧

mufcglen

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2014, 06:19:54 pm »
Few yrs, more like a few hours!
Second day went well however first job I accidentally set the controller to 80 and gobbled half my tank so had to top it up then went off and did 4 jobs and a regular that I trad was nice to do instead of being a first clean, rattled it off in half the time that I usually take doing it trad!
Last job of the day was a monster detached home and by the time I finished my duff battery was reading 11.1v just a .1v of the controller shutting down! Best get a battery sorted soon.
So glad I got a 400 litre tank too, been using a lot of water on first cleans but realising I can run at 50-60 now, just need to get myself a slx next this clx is decent but fully extended it's like a pole vault, one problem with gardiner clamp though is the metal lug that goes through the hinge bit, the plastic is coming apart and the lug was hanging out?

dannymack

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2014, 06:56:00 pm »
You should get a relay put on so you can have your van battery charging your leisure battery 👳🇬🇧👍

mufcglen

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2014, 08:47:34 pm »
Yeah I'm going to get a split relay ordered tonight to go with a decent battery!

Bill.upnw

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2014, 08:50:27 pm »
Dirt leeching out from between frames and cill is a selling point
of your system,it literally shows how wfp cleans more thoroughly.
I always warn customers that after im gone that dirt can leech
out from under 1st floor and above frames and it is just part of the superior
cleaning process

Good call

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2014, 09:07:48 pm »
one problem with gardiner clamp though is the metal lug that goes through the hinge bit, the plastic is coming apart and the lug was hanging out?

Not sure what you mean - any chance of a photo?  You can email me on alex@agardiner.co.uk.

mufcglen

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2014, 08:27:15 am »
Hi Alex, it's the plastic lever where it pivots and has the silver round lug in it,the plastic lever/clamp is spreading apart when clamped and almost popping off the edge of the lug!
I loosened the clamp pushed it back onto the lug and it's been fine since, if it happens again I will contact you buy hopefully it will be fine, everything else working great and still loving the pole even though I'm dying to get an slx now but the wife says I've spent enough lately and need more customers soon!!!

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2014, 02:18:32 pm »
Hi Alex, it's the plastic lever where it pivots and has the silver round lug in it,the plastic lever/clamp is spreading apart when clamped and almost popping off the edge of the lug!
I loosened the clamp pushed it back onto the lug and it's been fine since, if it happens again I will contact you buy hopefully it will be fine, everything else working great and still loving the pole even though I'm dying to get an slx now but the wife says I've spent enough lately and need more customers soon!!!

It sounds like you may have a faulty part as this should not be possible. Could you email me a photo of the part so that I can check my understanding of your description.