This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mufcglen

spring controller battery cut off
« on: February 23, 2014, 05:23:07 pm »
can you bypass or turn off the low battery cut off on the spring controllers?
not got my split relay set up yet and worried the controller could shut down because of low spare battery power i have just for the water system while im out on a job!

Don Kee

Re: spring controller battery cut off
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 05:26:58 pm »
What ah is the battery that your running your system off?
Ian sheppard is your man for the bypass, i'm sure theres a way but ive never needed to.
Why don't you have a quick google before making stupid comments?

mufcglen

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 05:46:22 pm »
61ah pal

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2014, 05:51:19 pm »
Taking off the low voltage battery protection will kill the battery. 

My leisure battery lasted 3 months because I did this.

Buy a battery charger and just charge it daily.

Don Kee

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2014, 05:51:55 pm »
Not entirely sure what the low battery cut off is but your battery has a low ah....
Might be worth going to a scrappy and getting a cheap car battery as a spare in the van just in case?can pick one up for £15/£20 if your doing stuff on the cheap
Why don't you have a quick google before making stupid comments?

mufcglen

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2014, 06:33:42 pm »
I've had this one a while it's not great to be honest I'm just waiting for a mate who's an rac man to sort me a nice big diesel battery lol!
I'm not bothered if the battery dies though as I can get more but don't want the cut off to stop me while I'm out working!
How did you turn it off pure h20 services?

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2014, 06:46:40 pm »
It was on a varistream. You open it up and remove a plastic jumpe.

Don't know if you can do the same on springs.

Ian Sheppard

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2014, 09:08:49 am »
can you bypass or turn off the low battery cut off on the spring controllers?
not got my split relay set up yet and worried the controller could shut down because of low spare battery power i have just for the water system while im out on a job!

Hi depending on which version of the control you can over ride the low battery shut sown. If you have a V11 (available since October 2012) Then you can deactivate the low battery via the main menu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3u2-5R66GcA&feature=youtu.be

The V11 will warn at 11v and shut down at 10.5v

If you have an older V9 version then you can not over ride the low battery shut down. The V9 will warn at 11.5v and shut down at 11v.

As a general rule battery manufactures suggest a battery should not be drained lower than 50% of its amps capacity this is because of damage to the cells which mean the battery will not hold a charge as well.

How fast you will use 30 amps (50% of your battery capacity) does depend on how high your flow settings are. If you control is set around 60 to 80 you are using 3 - 4 amps an hour which likely will give you 6 - 7 hours work. It is worth bearing in mind battery condition and cable condition can have an impact on this working time as can the efficiency of the pump motor.

This link explains the process well. http://www.progressivedyn.com/battery_basics.html

You may also be seeing volt drop along the cable length. Keep cables between the battery - control and pump as short as possible replace any damaged/worn connectors or cable.

Volt drop link. http://www.springltd.co/node/133

V16 Is Here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AhbZirSlpI&t=8s
Polarity Protect technology

mufcglen

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2014, 05:57:38 pm »
hi Ian i was waiting for you to respond!!
mines a v9 pure freedom so unlucky for me, this old battery i got laying about only charges up to 11.8 volts so its pretty crackered but i just need to use it for a week or two before i get a new one,ive used it today on 3 jobs for about 4-5 hours and its down to 11.4 and i was running my flow around 60-70 first cleans.
just gonna have to whip the battery out tonight and give it a charge every night untill i get a replacement, ive never bought a battery in my life being a mechanic! used to get them for free under warranty when i worked for peugeot as they never wanted the old ones back lol.

Ian Sheppard

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2014, 06:06:18 pm »
As long as the volts stay above 11V at the control it will not shut the pump down. The V9 measures voltage at the control so you will note a slight difference between the displayed voltage at the control and that at the battery.

Charging the battery each night short term should give you plenty of working time. The flow rate your running will pull not more than 4 amps an hour and probably a little less.

Cheers

Ian
V16 Is Here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AhbZirSlpI&t=8s
Polarity Protect technology

mufcglen

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2014, 07:24:29 pm »
Cool cheers fella I've actually dug out anouther battery I had laying about so got them on charge now and at least I got a spare to be going on with in case I get caught short!