Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Michael Peterson

adivce
« on: February 23, 2014, 02:54:12 pm »
need some advice please, i've been stupid...

a few months ago we cleaned the wrong house by accident and the woman was livid, shes quite old and was shouting at us, even though we were trying to explain it was an accident.
so today, as our leaflets go out one goes through hers and she rings up again shouting (its a leaflet with a price on)
and saying it looks as though the windows have been cleaned as well (as if we go round cleaning random windows lol)
and after failing to explain again, i lost my temper when she said if it happens again she will call the police, and said F Off you Old Sl** call the police before putting the phone down.

i know i shouldnt have done it and called the 101 police number afterwards and made a report, what should i expect now ?

Clever Forum Name

Re: adivce
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 02:56:21 pm »
Clean her windows for free.

Ignore it. Making a report was a good thing todo.

Michael Peterson

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 03:27:48 pm »
any one else lol, i have that horrible fealing when you do something wrong

Don Kee

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2014, 03:35:11 pm »
Knock on her door next time you're there and just have a nice, calm chat with the woman. Explain this misunderstanding and apologise for your language....
Never know, she may be understanding about it all and you both laugh it off.
Either that or shes nuttier than squirrel poo, but either way you feel better for trying to make the peace....

Also...Maybe, while chatting to the neighbour that you clean, just flippantly mention the misunderstanding you had, you may find this woman is on the decline or something. At least that way your covered if tbe batty woman starts talking to the neighbours about you
Why don't you have a quick google before making stupid comments?

Smudger

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2014, 03:42:16 pm »
Not a lot you can do, I wouldn't worry, do you really think the police have the time, or inclination to chase up a report from someone like that, who most likely has made a string of wild accusations over the last few years.?

A couple of years back I was approached by a "busy body" in a quite little village which had a no cold calling policy she raged at me how dare I clean here, there was a windy already and I had no right to be in the village and I had knocked on her door 3 times in the last 3 months,  she stomped off and I presume made all the phone calls she felt she needed to make, despite me having cleaned in the village for 2 years and all my customers being recommendations, I'd never needed to canvass there.

Never heard a dicky bird from either the police, trading standards, local council, I didn't expect to hear from the village councillor as she was my first and best customer I had 😃

In short, don't sweat it

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2014, 03:46:09 pm »
Take from my FB today

I don't sware much on here but, its ****** great when you get broken into and the police don't want to know or even come out!! Even got a very clear shoe print for them to look at, but still they say its not our policy!!!!

So yeah ;)

Michael Peterson

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2014, 03:46:19 pm »
lol, thanks guys, i dont want the police to come and take me :-)

Michael Peterson

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2014, 03:50:18 pm »
problems shared and all that, i actually feel miles better now

Mike #1

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2014, 03:59:52 pm »
Old women can be the worst , Had a long term custy who has a Home Carer attend her home one morning the carer came out and asked on behalf on the old dear if i could call back for the money .

I did not get the chance over a few weeks to call back in daylight hours so anyway called and cleaned the windows again so she owed double .

I gave her the exact date when i cleaned and what the carer said about payment etc she was adamant she was not paying me a penny at all .

I always parked outside custys house with signed truck and often say hello to the carer when i saw her,  The carer pulls up that morning and is informed of the situation , She swears blind she has never seen me before at all either cleaning the windows or my truck parked up outside the house .

Needless to say i showed her the info on Aworka on my phone and questioned the fact that she claimed never to have seen me their in the past year she had been going their , Needless to say i got my money she could be as different as night and day at times .

Rant over i am sure you have nothing to worry about mate . Mike

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2014, 04:12:54 pm »
I would say 10 - 15 years jail time  :-X

James Bulton

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2014, 04:13:55 pm »
     Every so often one comes across a mistake like this which we can all have made.I once cleaned a house `s front door by mistake and the lovely gentleman came out and gave me such a run of abuse. I really had made a mistake as the booking came by phone and the number was wrong. This chap only wanted me to repaint his front door.I was really trying to be polite and apologized profusely as it was a new area  just canvassed and did not need a bad name. He was so rude and made me feel small and simple minded.He said he would phone the council as I should not be allow to work in the area. He also told me he was a court judge and I would have to pay compensation for my mistake.  
      He wanted my bosses number as he wanted to call him. The short of it  all I work for myself and told him so.I then lost it and told him were to get off its only a miracle I did not hit him as he as so insulting. Some just think when you make a mistake ,that its time for them to climb on the bandwagon and treat you like they think a lowly window cleaner deserves.
This fool even knocked on doors of customer I have gained and pressured them not to use me. It was not a good  experience for me. I had been off sick with depression  and this did not help with my recovery. But some people are just rubbish and do not deserve to breath air.

Mike #1

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2014, 04:29:30 pm »
Ah the lowly window cleaner is a simple minded individual who simply cant hold down a proper so has to settle with cleaning windows for what little money it pays  :'( :'( :'( .

It is so nice that window cleaners are so well thought off and have such a high social status in the general public's eyes  and yet us simple minded folks do rather well  ;D ;D ;D .Mike 

Don Kee

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2014, 04:43:47 pm »

At least.....good job there isnt capital punishment in the country anymore....

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2014, 04:47:43 pm »

Tbh it would stop the likes of the OP.

I say we stone him. SHAME ON YOU OP lol

Don Kee

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2014, 04:52:46 pm »

Tbh it would stop the likes of the OP.

I say we stone him. SHAME ON YOU OP lol

Agreed!!
Free clean, and then had the nerve to put a leaflet through her door.....
Beggers belief......i'm actually appalled.....he'll be on crimewatch!!!

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2014, 04:57:50 pm »
He's worse than a corrupt MP.

off with his head.

Michael Peterson

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2014, 05:43:43 pm »
im just scum lol

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2014, 05:51:42 pm »

deeege

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2014, 05:58:32 pm »
I reckon you need to go round and sort it out. Prob best if you nipped round tonight, at about midnight as she's more likely to be chilled out about the whole situation then. I'd video record it too, just so you are covered.

Oh and feel free to upload the video here.

Good luck.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Don Kee

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2014, 06:00:41 pm »
I reckon you need to go round and sort it out. Prob best if you nipped round tonight, at about midnight as she's more likely to be chilled out about the whole situation then. I'd video record it too, just so you are covered.

Oh and feel free to upload the video here.

Good luck.

;D thats tickled me!!  ;D