Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

What method of window cleaning do you prefer?

100% trad
6.3%
8 (6.3%)
100% wfp
32%
41 (32%)
wfp tops, trad bottoms
9.4%
12 (9.4%)
Use all the tools in the box that suits the job
52.3%
67 (52.3%)

Total Members Voted: 117

Lee Burbidge

Which are you?
« on: February 21, 2014, 10:02:19 pm »
I am wondering what the mix on here is? Do wfp guys think they are better than trad guys, do trad guys generally think they are better than wfp guys.....

Of course your method has to suit you and the type of work you do, with safety in mind.....

dazmond

Re: Which are you?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 10:43:24 pm »
i ticked all the tools in the box.

90% WFP 10% TRAD

sometimes its easier to mop and squeegee some work.ground floor windows anyway.large plate glass windows in tight spaces,doors inside porches,insides obviously etc.

WFP is one hell of a tool for most window cleaning work though.

add ons ALL WFP.
price higher/work harder!

PoleKing

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2014, 11:00:05 pm »
If it makes money-go for it.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

j timms

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2014, 11:31:51 pm »
Has to be all the tools. Trad is best on some jobs and wfp on others and most customers prefer trad in my opinion even when wfp is better.

SeanK

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2014, 12:17:30 am »
All the tools, there are a few windows that don't come up well using wfp methods
and some that leak.
Trad gives you better quality control but wfp is safer and quicker on most cleans.

Mike #1

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2014, 06:57:26 am »
All the tools in trade pretty sure the medical centre i clean the insides off dont want soaking wet carpets  ;D ;D ;D . Mike

Klean07

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2014, 09:31:19 am »

90% WFP 10% TRAD

sometimes its easier to mop and squeegee some work.ground floor windows anyway.large plate glass windows in tight spaces,doors inside porches,insides obviously etc.

add ons ALL WFP.
+1
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

wfp master

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2014, 03:08:20 pm »

90% WFP 10% TRAD

add ons ALL WFP.
true

wfp master

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2014, 03:12:16 pm »
would like to know how the voters of 100% wfp  clean insides of shop windows ect.???????????????? do tell.

wfp master

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2014, 06:00:34 pm »
any one ?

PoleKing

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2014, 06:04:07 pm »
any one ?

Maybe they just don't.
I turn down most internal work.
It's just not as profitable (for me) as poling.
Can't see why it matters what other lads vote though.

wfp master

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2014, 06:16:24 pm »
any one ?

Maybe they just don't.
so you would do the outsides of a shop but not the insides.? i do shops inside & out if i said to them i can only do outsides i think they would get someone else to do in & out. & i would lose the job.

lal

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2014, 10:40:45 pm »

90% WFP 10% TRAD

add ons ALL WFP.

+1

PoleKing

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2014, 12:07:07 am »
any one ?

Maybe they just don't.
so you would do the outsides of a shop but not the insides.? i do shops inside & out if i said to them i can only do outsides i think they would get someone else to do in & out. & i would lose the job.

I do very few shops.
It's not what I want.
Losing the job would be ideal.
I charge but much too much to be what shops want to pay for.

gary999

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2014, 07:25:36 am »
would like to know how the voters of 100% wfp  clean insides of shop windows ect.???????????????? do tell.

I dont clean shops have no comercial work at all and only ever
do internal cleans unless it is really worth my while.

I would say im  99% wfp the other1% consists of blading windows
dry in bad weather and the odd window through experience thats
a problem wfp.

Im domestic only and i do a fair amount of gutter fascia and con
cleans(which i will be pushing harder this year) all wfp.

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2014, 07:58:30 am »
Interesting stats here.....

Question re 100% wfp - yup some guys just wfp the whole way through externals only, no ladders on the van ever and no squeegee.... although I do feel this to be very rare, even the guys that wfp everything has the odd squeegee and applicator sitting around in the van...

On our FB Group 'using all the tools' is beating the rest but way more than this forum. This forum is running at just over 50% where as the FB Group is running at 80%!!!!

It is clear that more of us choose to use all the tools in the box.... why is this? I remember a day when there was a defo two camp trad v wfp going on, and that was not so long ago....

j timms

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2014, 11:11:56 pm »

Question re 100% wfp - yup some guys just wfp the whole way through externals only, no ladders on the van ever and no squeegee.... although I do feel this to be very rare, even the guys that wfp everything has the odd squeegee and applicator sitting around in the van...

On our FB Group 'using all the tools' is beating the rest but way more than this forum. This forum is running at just over 50% where as the FB Group is running at 80%!!!!

It is clear that more of us choose to use all the tools in the box.... why is this? I remember a day when there was a defo two camp trad v wfp going on, and that was not so long ago....
Clearly most have realised that wfp is not the be all and end all but just another tool to add . I would not be without wfp now but still think trad gives me less stress and less complaints

Laugher

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2014, 11:24:32 pm »
I use both I'm not fully set up with wfp and more of my work will be converted to wfp but a decent amount of my work is still done trad, I enjoy using both methods but there again I just like to clean windows  :)

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2014, 07:56:00 am »

Clearly most have realised that wfp is not the be all and end all but just another tool to add . I would not be without wfp now but still think trad gives me less stress and less complaints

J timms can you tell me what you mean when you say trad gives you less stress and less complaints?

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2014, 05:04:18 pm »
j Timms?