Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

TomSE

Which Brush is best for
« on: February 21, 2014, 09:28:21 am »
A builders clean?

I will be doing my first builders clean next week, went and had a look and alot of the dirt, cement etc that is on the glass comes off with just the rub of a finger so am hoping to wfp the lot. I will have ladders & scraper etc for the odd bit in case but some are set back and not accessible by ladder so need to know which brush would be best for removing as much as possible, especially on the frames.

Thanks

Tom

Mike #1

Re: Which Brush is best for
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 06:39:50 pm »
Would not touch a builders clean with WFP until i had checked every window close up checking with my finger and damp cloth  and spray bottle ensuring  their is no risk of scratching glass .

Last big builders clean i did i spent a 2 hours  shifting the stickers and crap of glass and frames before touching with with WFP only when i was almost 100% certain i started with WFP .

If their looks to be a lot of crap on glass then their may well be more work in it than you have anticipated thats what i have found hence i charge way way more .

Generally wont touch them unless they are really well priced . Mike

tench0771

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2014, 06:45:41 pm »
i did a bilders clean a wile bk they said i wasent aloud ladders so had to wfp i use a tecbuk hibrid shiffed most of the crap sement no probs

Mike #1

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2014, 06:49:04 pm »
i did a bilders clean a wile bk they said i wasent aloud ladders so had to wfp i use a tecbuk hibrid shiffed most of the crap sement no probs

Queens English please , Can anybody translate  :D :D . Mike

deeege

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2014, 07:29:35 pm »

*translation*

I once had the pleasure of cleaning some windows on a building site and quite unbelievably I was not allowed to use my ladders. This meant that I had no alternative but to use purified water by means of a water fed pole. I used a chemical called Tecbuk Hybrid which did a stellar job and removed most of the offending debris quite easily.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Mike #1

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2014, 07:37:27 pm »
Deegee thank you kind sir very good of you , Enjoy the rest of your evening . toodle pip Mike

PoleKing

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2014, 07:37:44 pm »

*translation*

I once had the pleasure of cleaning some windows on a building site and quite unbelievably I was not allowed to use my ladders. This meant that I had no alternative but to use purified water by means of a water fed pole. I used a chemical called Tecbuk Hybrid which did a stellar job and removed most of the offending debris quite easily.

So close deegee Tecbuk is the brush, not a chemical. B+ for effort.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

Jonny 87

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2014, 07:40:16 pm »

Don't worry tench it was EASY to understand your post. some people don't take into consideration anyone with dyslexia and just like to poke fun to get a cheap laugh. Luckily they are in the minority.

P.s

A tecbuk Hybrid is a brush. Not chemical.

Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

deeege

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2014, 07:40:21 pm »

*translation*

So close deegee Tecbuk is the brush, not a chemical. B+ for effort.

Ah well, was close. :)
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

deeege

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2014, 07:48:48 pm »

Don't worry tench it was EASY to understand your post. some people don't take into consideration anyone with dislexia and just like to poke fun to get a cheap laugh. Luckily they are in the minority.

P.s

Chill out mate. If he is offended I'll happily remove my post, wasn't meant to cause offence.

Mike #1

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2014, 07:54:10 pm »

Don't worry tench it was EASY to understand your post. some people don't take into consideration anyone with dislexia and just like to poke fun to get a cheap laugh. Luckily they are in the minority.

P.s

Chill out mate. If he is offended I'll happily remove my post, wasn't meant to cause offence.

+1  Just dont like text speak as such when good English is always best IMHO , I have never been the brightest person and dont claim to be . Mike

Jonny 87

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2014, 08:11:36 pm »
I'm chiiiiiiiiiiiiilllllllllllll.  8)

8) 8) 8)

Just don't think its funny to poke fun at people with dyslexia or that just can't spell as good as others.

I'm sure tench won't be offended, but just thought it needed to be said.  :)

Anyhoo....

Back on topic......

If I had to use only WFP on builders clean I'd make sure to get them to sign a scratch disclaimer.

And then use a very high flow rate, with a flocked brush while spraying the brush head every window with a degreaser.

Then rinsing out the brush head every other window in a bucket of pure water. Will be pretty time consuming, but should get ok results.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

PoleKing

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2014, 08:19:38 pm »

P.s

+1  Just dont like text speak as such when good English is always best IMHO , I have never been the brightest person and dont claim to be . Mike

#Irony
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

Bill.upnw

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2014, 08:20:47 pm »

P.s

Who do you think you are lol? Sound like one of those queers to me

davids3511

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2014, 10:42:27 pm »

8) 8) 8)

Just don't think its funny to poke fun at people with dyslexia or that just can't spell as good as others.

Anyhoo....

Back on topic......

If I had to use only WFP on builders clean I'd make sure to get them to sign a scratch disclaimer.

And then use a very high flow rate, with a flocked brush while spraying the brush head every window with a degreaser.

Then rinsing out the brush head every other window in a bucket of pure water. Will be pretty time consuming, but should get ok results.
Its not just about tench though. There's loads of lurkers on this forum who may be put off posting by this type of crap. Theres lots of us who may not have the greatest of educations or struggle with dyslexia.

davids3511

« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2014, 10:46:40 pm »

P.s

Its obviously not text speak though don't you think? Its mainly misspelled, only bk could be classified as text speak so your point is null.

Bill.upnw

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2014, 11:02:46 pm »
People. An talk however the hell they want on any forum they want, it isnt for any little busy bodies thinking they can tell people how to talk because they think they own the forum as they been on for 5 years cause they dont have a life, get a grip u sad tw*t,

If i wna tlk lyk this ill tlk lyk this u little ponse

Jonny 87

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2014, 01:08:43 am »

8) 8) 8)

Anyhoo....

Back on topic......

Its not just about tench though. There's loads of lurkers on this forum who may be put off posting by this type of crap. Theres lots of us who may not have the greatest of educations or struggle with dyslexia.

+1

Mike #1

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2014, 06:50:20 am »
People. An talk however the hell they want on any forum they want, it isnt for any little busy bodies thinking they can tell people how to talk because they think they own the forum as they been on for 5 years cause they dont have a life, get a grip u sad tw*t,

If i wna tlk lyk this ill tlk lyk this u little ponse

:P :P :P :P Yes all us little people are the same so i was once told by a stroppy women in a supermarket after i said excuse me  can i be past please when she was blocking the aisle .  :P :P :P :P

Mike #1

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2014, 06:54:38 am »

8) 8) 8)

Anyhoo....

Back on topic......

Well said Jonny not out to offend anyone  ;) ;) . Mike