This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

paul ette

heated system not impressed
« on: February 20, 2014, 03:15:54 pm »
first time ive used this heated water and turned out a pain in the ass
1 flow rate has to be very high for heater to ignite properly so using lots of water
2 didnt seem to clean any faster
3 spent more time faffing around with the heater turning it on/off.
only advantage i see was that on a cold morning it would loosen up the hoses.

steven ainger

Re: heated system not impressed
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 03:41:43 pm »
As ive said many times, hot is more beneficial in the summer imo.
Glass has more sun baked dirt in the summer and you can use jotter water than in the winter.
Warm water in the winter just makes life easier, with minimal cleaning benefits.
The faffing about is you not used to using the heater, it will get better with more use.

dannymack

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 03:47:18 pm »
To be honest I only use my hot wash in the frosty days as it does keep the hoses nice and soft also doesn't freeze up !!! I don't have it boiling hot just Luke warm. Don't understand using more water as you can turn the water sipped down and turn gas up if you want it hotter or down if you want it not so hot 😃👍👍👍

PoleKing

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 03:49:19 pm »
what boiler have you got?
The L5 I've got has been problem free and pukka since day 1.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

LWC

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2014, 04:07:33 pm »
I love my heater. What boiler do you have? Mine kicks over on pretty much any setting.

I agree its not that much quicker, can only move the brush so fast but it certainly DOES clean them quicker than cold and makes life alot easier.

My heater self ignites like the l5. Mines an AnMeny like this, http://tinyurl.com/qxtogfu
I dont have to think about switching it on and off? All i think about is turning gas on and off.

paul ette

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2014, 04:38:50 pm »
it says bester 8l on it, it was already installed on van when i bought it. maybe im not using it properly, it just seems to go out if the flows not strong enough, it has a batteries to ignite it maybe these need changing?

PoleKing

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2014, 04:49:52 pm »
if you're using too much water to ignite the boiler, split the outlet flow and feed it back to the tank.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

bobplum

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2014, 05:04:23 pm »
first time ive used this heated water and turned out a pain in the ass
1 flow rate has to be very high for heater to ignite properly so using lots of water
2 didnt seem to clean any faster
3 spent more time faffing around with the heater turning it on/off.
only advantage i see was that on a cold morning it would loosen up the hoses.

i have the l5 but not used it for 2 months as its been mild
it is good for making the hoses supple  etc
and agree with Mr Ainger, respect for old people, its probably better in the summer

steven ainger

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2014, 05:16:18 pm »
If its an 8ltr boiler it may have a higher minimum flow rate to get the heater to operate.

And less of the old Bob,  ;D,

paul ette

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2014, 05:44:26 pm »
been messing around with it, it just keeps going out, runs for about a minute then goes out god knows . poxy rubbish

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2014, 06:16:57 pm »
What heater are you using?  Some LPG boilers can be a bit of a pain.  The flow on the boiler normally needs turning very low so that the boiler can be used at wfp flow rate.  It sounds like you need to fine tune the adjustments as when set up properly the boiler should go all day only cutting out if it goes over the 17 min timer installed on most boilers.  Also having a lower pressure on your pump or controller works better with some boilers.

Simon.

paul ette

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2014, 07:01:01 pm »
its a bester 8l run on a calor gas bottle. if the batterys for ignition run low would this cause it to go out?

dazmond

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2014, 07:23:46 pm »
i ran out of gas this afternoon and the hose was a lot harder to manage!ive used hot water every day since i got my heater last year.

love it!keeps the hoses manageable,warms your hands up and even warms my pole up when its flowing! ;D

as for cleaning quicker ive had my heater on a bit higher due to the mild weather and it defo cleans easier esp after the storms we ve had.2 monthly jobs also easier to clean.

i always work with a high flow(60 on flowcontroller).

it costs me about £50 a month to use hot water every day.i can live with that.(works out approx £2-50 per day).

i had a few teething troubles when i first started using the heater but soon got them sorted after a few weeks.mainly hoses and connectors!mines the L5 from corwoods.
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2014, 08:17:07 pm »
use fresh (duracell) batteries mate. ;)
price higher/work harder!

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2014, 11:35:49 pm »
Batteries that are going flat can cause issues. I have 2 meny 8L's and it's a good boiler. The best way to set it up is to have your normal flow, then turn the right numpty the flow control anticlockwise until the boiler fires, the turn it one more hour anticlockwise. You may find that you need to adjust your pressure settings to compensate. With hot water though you should be having a lower flow rate and using less water not more.

Simon.

bobplum

« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2014, 05:39:24 pm »
If its an 8ltr boiler it may have a higher minimum flow rate to get the heater to operate.

And less of the old Bob,  ;D,

;D