Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Any feed back Re: Touch Link
« on: March 21, 2006, 11:55:02 pm »
Does anybody use Touch Link?
Any feed back...
Regards
Arthur

mxg

Re: Any feed back Re: Touch Link
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2006, 10:22:17 am »
Arthur

Funny you should mention this just now.

I have taken their free listing and it has generated absolutely nothing to date but every so often I get an email offering me the opportunity to UPGRADE ie PAY for a listing

I was thinking about posting a similar question.

I think the problem with all of these things is that none of them are hugely expensive but of you keep signing up for each one looking for the holy grail that is going to work and generate lots of business all you end up doing is working to pay your advertising costs.

After trying various things I think I am now going to settle on what I think will provide a reasoanable roi and just not even consider anything else for a specific period of time. I think this is known as a Marketing Plan!

Mick

lisa123

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2006, 10:46:55 am »
i have a free listing with them  all they do is send emails to upgrade.

i have had 1 enquiry i think from it for a end of tenancy clean. They never did get back to me.

its a waste of time, best off just sticking with yell.com, yell pages and local ads in papers etc.

in couple weeks my leaflet campaign will be starting again, i get quite a good response without doing anything though.
people find me somewhere.

Sarah S & P Cleaning

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2006, 11:07:30 am »
Hi,
I have a full account with Touch Local, city visitor & the cleaners local.
I paid about £350 and now i pay £20 per month direct debit and to date have recieved one job from the ad,s.
I personally wont be bothering again, please also watch out for a company called crucial media as they blag you into being in their charity magazine and once you recieve the copy of your ad they have done and decide you dont want to be in it they still bill you, their actually taking me to court soon which i can do without.
Sometimes advertising can be a knightmare.
Sarah
S & P Cleaning Services :-\
Cleaning gets me hot !!!

*Chris Browne

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2006, 11:52:31 am »
I also have a free listing with them, the one good thing about it is that you do tend to get your name listed with google, even with a free listing , got to be worth it :D

chris

Ali_D

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2006, 04:08:19 pm »
I sat here for a whole day in September searching for all the sites with free listings and entering my partner's oven cleaning business on them.

All we got was a call from one of them really piling on the pressure to update to a paid listing, a few emails and near enough 20 calls for water coolers (I think Kelly Search provided the water cooler people with our number)!

We've never had an enquiry as a result of the listings.

I think I'm right in saying that if you search for the business name and area on Google, Google Local is the first one to come up and they get their info from Thomsons, so maybe registering with Thomsons will do the trick.

I don't know about you guys but whenever I need to find a number, I only ever use Yell or BT.

Ali

Ali_D

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2006, 09:14:20 am »

I think I'm right in saying that if you search for the business name and area on Google, Google Local is the first one to come up and they get their info from Thomsons, so maybe registering with Thomsons will do the trick.

Just checked and its Yell they use.