This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

advice needed fast
« on: February 20, 2014, 12:59:32 pm »
Just had a call off a custy saying her windows are still dirty, I used wfp, I asked how can this be? , she said her painter had left his finger marks and putty on the some of the windows,

I said i will go back in an hour to see what shes on about, what shall I tell her?? ???

I know whats happend is ive cleaned the dirt off only to show all the crap the painters left on.
I think she thinks its my job to get it all off, the job is only a £12 cottage with loads of small 6" square pains ???.
HELP

Clever Forum Name

Re: advice needed fast
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 01:09:05 pm »
Had this many times in the past, whoever left them in that state should be responsible for cleaning them.

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 01:17:26 pm »
cheers ,

lozsing

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 01:20:46 pm »
charge her extra ,as its not normal weathering its a builders clean

PoleKing

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2014, 01:37:29 pm »
Make sure to tell her that putty & paint & turps etc are oil based and she knows you only use purified water.

'I can get it off love but I'll need some chemical <kiss teeth a bit> I'll do my best but this really falls under the remit of the tradesman'

Clean them again but make it clear you're either doing her a favour (tea please mrs!) or charging her again.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

Simon Mess

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2014, 03:50:42 pm »
Make sure to tell her that putty & paint & turps etc are oil based and she knows you only use purified water.

'I can get it off love but I'll need some chemical <kiss teeth a bit> I'll do my best but this really falls under the remit of the tradesman'

Clean them again but make it clear you're either doing her a favour (tea please mrs!) or charging her again.

;D ;D ;D ;D

dannymack

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2014, 04:12:45 pm »
Builders clean as above says !!!

If windows need scraping that's a builders clean extra bunce
Or if she's nice I'd do it for free but point it out to her !!! 👍👍👍

Ian101

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2014, 05:11:09 pm »
if it was me then tell her to get the builder back to sort it or pay a premium to you ... do nowt for free esp a clean like this ... u be getting blamed for damaged glass ............ what me negative ...  :o .... no just prefer to earn my money the easier way of normal window cleaning.

DaveG

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2014, 05:34:34 pm »
if it was me then tell her to get the builder back to sort it or pay a premium to you ... do nowt for free esp a clean like this ... u be getting blamed for damaged glass ............ what me negative ...  :o .... no just prefer to earn my money the easier way of normal window cleaning.

+1
You can't polish a turd

DaveG

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2014, 05:39:48 pm »
Builders clean as above says !!!

If windows need scraping that's a builders clean extra bunce
Or if she's nice I'd do it for free but point it out to her !!! 👍👍👍

Bunce! Haven't heard that in ages! That's a word my stepdad used to use all the time!!   ;D ;D ;D

He always told me it was cockney rhyming slang.. Bunsen burner, nice little earner!!!

;D ;D ;D
You can't polish a turd

SeanK

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2014, 07:55:17 am »
Unless its dried on paint or similar then its not a builders clean.
If its oil based marks left by a builders greasy hands then you will have to clean them using trad methods
as wfp wont clean them.

dazmond

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2014, 08:45:38 am »
id go back and do them again but charge her the same again so effectively charging her double(only if there really bad).trad is the only way and a scraper.

if its just one or two windows id do them for free as a good will gesture.
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2014, 08:51:25 am »
in affect its YOUR fault mate.you should of noticed the windows had putty marks or paint on and contacted the customer saying you would have to charge her more to clean it off.

we all know wfp doesnt remove paint or putty marks.

normally i notice these things and if its a good custy and only on the odd window i dont charge extra.obviously if its on loads of them id charge double my normal price.

regards

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2014, 06:24:18 pm »
Thanks you lot ,I went and seen her , the stuff on the glass is putty and finger prints ,I told her this would be a builders clean ans she said her husband will get it off.
there was even brush marks on the upstairs ones. ???

anyway thanks again
ccmids

deeege

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2014, 06:29:24 pm »
I'd expect a cancellation quite soon then.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."