This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Smurf

Re: Gutter vac
« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2014, 11:02:47 pm »
well I am old don't you know ;D

Anyhow the other half of the team died of old age so I just plod along now on my own  :-*

Smurf my man, we would have cleared an entire house before you got to the third rung of your ladder  :P

We all have differing experiences and expectations on gutter clearing, all gutter clears are done as a two man team, it makes the whole thing extremely quick, Dave likes to carry his vac across tiled roofs.

As you can see from the photos on the other thread I leave nothing in the gutter either, overhang or no, so do you guys wash out the insides of the gutter?  

Darran

Smudger

« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2014, 08:54:08 am »
 ;D

I see you use those cute gutter pro tools,  what they made of ?

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Smurf

« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2014, 10:47:18 am »
The new pro-g tools are made from a tough plastic. I've also given them loads of abuse and not broken one yet. For me they are must have tools to keep in the van as use them on most jobs now. I've found the pro-g tools especially handy for clearing blocked roof valleys.  

Again that is why I use the ladder setup (ankalad & microlite standoff) that I do as I know the ladder is not going to go anywhere whilst waving me pole about

Anyone that uses a guttervac to clear corners will know you can't clear blocked roof valleys from the ground so they are only doing half a job in my book. ;D

;D

I see you use those cute gutter pro tools,  what they made of ?

Darran

Smudger

« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2014, 01:08:21 pm »

Anyone that uses a guttervac to clear corners will know you can't clear blocked roof valleys from the ground so they are only doing half a job in my book. ;D

[/quote]

Smurf your such a tease 👹

Would like to know why you think a gutter vac can't do valleys ???

Thinking about it you mean horizontal valleys as opposed to pitched valleys on hips etc..?

Are using the gutter tools messy as surely the crud builds up and fall out over the side as you pull it towards you...

Darran

Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Smurf

« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2014, 01:52:27 pm »
Why thank you as I've not been called a tease in donky years ;D

Yes it can get a bit messy at times but I would like to see you get to this example roof valley and suck this lot up using an electric guttervac from the ground  ::)roll

My gutter clearing ladder setup you will notice also has a vertical life line as I use a fall arrest system when waving me pole about on jobs like that. 3 points of contact at all times don't you know  ;D

Half a job I'm not but I do like to make a mess sometimes...Oops! ;D

To be honest that what sorts out the men from the boys that don't like to use ladders to do roofline work as I've shown it can be done safely using the right kit.

Hope this helps anyone? keep safe chaps as no job is worth your life  ;)

Smurf your such a tease 👹

Would like to know why you think a gutter vac can't do valleys ???

Thinking about it you mean horizontal valleys as opposed to pitched valleys on hips etc..?

Are using the gutter tools messy as surely the crud builds up and fall out over the side as you pull it towards you...

Darran

[/quote]

Smudger

« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2014, 02:36:27 pm »
Yep, totally agree with you on that one, I would not do it from the ground and would be easier to clear the majority with a rake than gutter vac,

But there will always be the oddball clean that is an exception to the rule.

Clearly not as good as yours but I try my best..

Darran

Smurf

« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2014, 02:56:20 pm »
For the newbies reading this post even what you think is going to be an easy gutter clearing job using a guttervac can quickly turn into a nightmare of a job to do...Trust me it happens so don't think because when you get a guttervac you can take on all jobs without having to use ladders as you will soon find out is not the case.

Gutter vac clearing Sucks ;D

Smurf

« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2014, 03:14:44 pm »
Nice work bud...I do hope you charged a good wack for that one   ;D

Yep, totally agree with you on that one, I would not do it from the ground and would be easier to clear the majority with a rake than gutter vac,

But there will always be the oddball clean that is an exception to the rule.

Clearly not as good as yours but I try my best..

Darran

Smudger

« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2014, 03:23:52 pm »
Always 😄😜😄😄😜

Smurf

« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2014, 06:52:32 pm »
Blower springs to mind on that one...

Speaking of which some ppl do very strange things ;D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dFDGXooRds