This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Smurf

Re: Gutter vac
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2014, 05:36:34 pm »
I can clear a gutter run properly and safely using my gutter clearing ladder setup and a pro-g tools attached to a wfp with one or maybe two ladder sets depending on the leghth of the run by the time it takes you to set your vac up darren. I will also check & unblock swan neck by hand. And yes I'm fussy too as I don't do half a job so will clear all debris out even under the tiles/overhanging roof membrane also in corners properly. Not only that I will clear the roof valleys too ;D

But yes a guttervac is a handy bit of kit to keep in the van when required.

Hi Dave, from previous threads we know we are on opposite sides as to the usefulness and effectiveness of gutter vacs,

Hopefully food for thought...

If your called in to unblock a gutter run,   And you do, but leave a small line of crud under the tile line have you not done as requested? The gutter is unblocked and free running ?

Darran

Depends how fussy you are - I'm fussy! That line of crud is the perfect compost to grow next seasons hanging gardens in. Don't get me wrong vacs are useful - I have three but they ain't brilliant.

Dave Willis

« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2014, 05:40:39 pm »
My first omni vac lasted me just over a year as bought the poxy yellow top one from them that they stopped supplying as could not get spares from the manufacture so I was stuffed. Since then I'm on my 6th guttervac as the frames and motors don't last me very long  ;D

Is that the same omni vac you have used for 4 years?

Yes,  had a couple of new motors in it now, mind you..

Darran

My first one lasted a year too before it fell apart!One motor burnt out, the plastic top cracked and fell apart and the plastic broke around the handle mounts on the trolley - all in all utter crap for the money!

Smurf

« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2014, 05:45:52 pm »
What make was that dave?

My first omni vac lasted me just over a year as bought the poxy yellow top one from them that they stopped supplying as could not get spares from the manufacture so I was stuffed. Since then I'm on my 6th guttervac as the frames and motors don't last me very long  ;D

Is that the same omni vac you have used for 4 years?

Yes,  had a couple of new motors in it now, mind you..

Darran

My first one lasted a year too before it fell apart!One motor burnt out, the plastic top cracked and fell apart and the plastic broke around the handle mounts on the trolley - all in all utter crap for the money!

Dave Willis

« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2014, 06:26:53 pm »
It was the red top one - same as Omnicrap used to use 3200W. came from Williamson pumps I think - can't remember now - ISSA was the make I think. Over £500 just for the vac.

Smurf

« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2014, 06:32:42 pm »
Cheers for that...

Nat a few years back was on about making a guttervac from a roots blower as used in truck mount carpet cleaning machines powered by a petrol motor.

Funny enough some brite spark from down under has made a trailer version but it's not cheap ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utJGeigXyVo

http://www.vacteck.com/gutter-vacuums/gutter-vacuum-equipment.html

Smurf

« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2014, 06:40:32 pm »
The old boy looks a bit dodgy on that ladder though ;D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZO9paOo4MY

Dave Willis

« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2014, 06:43:39 pm »
Too much bulk.

I want a 3000w+ vac on a smaller body ideally. Something more squat and less top heavy.

Smurf

« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2014, 06:49:26 pm »
The roots blower on its own weighs a ton let alone the petrol motor and the separator filter box/drum you would need so more the pity I can't see a portable version similar like that being viable hence why it is trailer mounted.

That would outperform the most powerful electric wet & dry vac for sure. I want one… ;D

Dave Willis

« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2014, 07:02:24 pm »
 ;D I meant to replace my Nilfisk - I just want more power with the same bulk - I have a 3000w eatern trading vac doing nothing in my garage - hate the thing, too heavy and bulky.

Smurf

« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2014, 07:06:01 pm »
Yes I know...I will give you £50 to take it off yer hands if you like that is if all the motors work and still has a good suck ;D

Avo

« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2014, 08:05:18 pm »
;D I meant to replace my Nilfisk - I just want more power with the same bulk - I have a 3000w eatern trading vac doing nothing in my garage - hate the thing, too heavy and bulky.
suction wise how much more beef do they have compared to your nilfisk Dave, what we talking "double" that's the only down side is there massive

Dave Willis

« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2014, 08:12:46 pm »
Wattage wise some go up to 4200 I think.

The 3000w one I have just shreds everything with the suction. The Nilfisk is 1800W I think but hasn't got the shredding power or the real suction to lift wet sods out. It's ok but only just.

The big vacs are so top heavy you struggle to strap them safely in the van.
I have a trailer too with a 5kva generator in it but for residential work the set up is so over the top it's embarrassing.

Avo

« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2014, 08:30:40 pm »
Small vac with big power do they exist thou???
I don't struggle with the big items I've found it ok it's the small things like pine needles I hate. I'd like to have ago on 3000w vac just to see what I'm missing..

Dave Willis

« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2014, 08:40:02 pm »
I had a 3600W - still struggled a bit with pine needles. Suck anything else up, tiles the lot. The lumps fire in so fast they turn to mulch by the time they hit the drum. I sucked a blackbird through it once and a frog.  ::)roll
you can't beat the bigger powered vacs. Barely lift them though when full.

Smudger

« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2014, 08:58:02 pm »
Smurf my man, we would have cleared an entire house before you got to the third rung of your ladder  :P

We all have differing experiences and expectations on gutter clearing, all gutter clears are done as a two man team, it makes the whole thing extremely quick, Dave likes to carry his vac across tiled roofs.

As you can see from the photos on the other thread I leave nothing in the gutter either, overhang or no, so do you guys wash out the insides of the gutter? 

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Dave Willis

« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2014, 09:03:15 pm »
 "Dave likes to carry his vac across tiled roofs."

You got the wrong bloke there  ???

Smudger

« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2014, 09:11:55 pm »
Was it not you who had a smaller vac balanced on an extension roof while vac'ing the higher gutter.

Beg my puddin for thinking is was you.

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Dave Willis

« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2014, 09:15:28 pm »
Not me.

Rings a bell though.

robert mitchell

« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2014, 10:41:46 pm »
funny thing is i was just about to come on and ask about gutter vacs!

im thinking of buying one tonight ,  im jumping the gun a little as i priced commercial job with fair bit of gutter to be cleaned out and im thinking of goin for it nd buy it!

opinions on these guys -

http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/product/details/nilfisk-multi-30t-wet-dry-vacuum-cleaner

http://www.grippatank.co.uk/vacuum/high-level-vacuum-poles-kits-spares/carbon-poles-upto-60ft/3805/gutter-lite-high-level-clamped-vacuum-poles-detail.html

its a bit of a rush lads but im on ireland so i would prob want to order in next day or so

cheers

that combo is exactly what i use and works very well , have inly used up to three stores though.
www.ishinewindowcleaning.co.uk

The man who never made a mistake never made anything.