Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

PurefectWindowCleaning

Berlingo/Partner etc
« on: February 17, 2014, 06:14:16 pm »
Anyone got any pictures of there set up with 400/500 litre tank please?

8weekly

Re: Berlingo/Partner etc
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 07:45:09 pm »
Can you put tanks that big in a Partner?

Simon Mess

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 08:36:03 pm »
400 should be ok as a 1 man setup, but i wouldnt put a 500 in there. My transit connect has a 900kg payload, 50 more than James van. My 500l tank, full, puts me 40kg under gvw!.

PurefectWindowCleaning

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 12:53:39 am »
400 should be ok as a 1 man setup, but i wouldnt put a 500 in there. My transit connect has a 900kg payload, 50 more than James van. My 500l tank, full, puts me 40kg under gvw!.

In that case, any pictures with a 400 litre tank?

Pro-Poler

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2014, 08:21:49 am »
400/500 litre tank in a berlingo, I don't think so?

LWC

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2014, 08:29:14 am »

I think so

My old one  :)

400l upright. Fitted perfect. Really miss that van

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2014, 08:52:35 am »
why do you miss the van?looks tight in there.

did you buy a bigger van and regret it?or did you buy a "lemon"? ;D

regards

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

wfp master

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2014, 04:36:18 pm »

I think so

My old one  :)

400l upright. Fitted perfect. Really miss that van

no seat belts for the back seats. :o

PurefectWindowCleaning

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2014, 05:58:22 pm »
LWC - Cheers mate.

How did you secure it?

mufcglen

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2014, 06:28:36 pm »
yeah im interested in knowing that too pal as im buying the same 400 for my partner van and it looks like a tight fit at the top as the roof curls in!

PurefectWindowCleaning

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2014, 06:32:37 pm »
yeah im interested in knowing that too pal as im buying the same 400 for my partner van and it looks like a tight fit at the top as the roof curls in!

Im debating a 400 ltr lay flat tank now after seeing that?

mufcglen

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2014, 07:08:34 pm »
i think the 400 upright would be good as it almost blocks the front off helping to stop the thieves maybe and also the 400 tank width is only 30 odd cm whereas a 3-350 is like 60 odd cm so even though its taller its giving you a bit more floor space in the back!

Simon Mess

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2014, 07:25:17 pm »
Sorry, but i think you would have to be insane to fit a 400l tank upright, with dimensions like that. How would you stop it killing you in an accident?. If you are worried about security, fit a bulkhead. A flat 350 would be much safer, but if you are worried that 350 is not enough, and a flat 400 is not practical, fit 2 upright 210 tanks side by side and link them.

mufcglen

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2014, 07:44:30 pm »
im thinking of welding a frame around it and bolting it through floor with big plates to spread the load underneath  pal, i cant see it being any more dangerous than a flat 300 if you secure it right as if they both broke loose in a crash they both gonna head for your back or head lol!
i did want a 300-350 but ive gone for a 400 as ive been offered one local cheap and its a bonus when i get a bigger van as it will go straight into that, dont think i'll be brimming it though in a partner,must be a lot of weight!!!

Spruce

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2014, 08:29:03 pm »
im thinking of welding a frame around it and bolting it through floor with big plates to spread the load underneath  pal, i cant see it being any more dangerous than a flat 300 if you secure it right as if they both broke loose in a crash they both gonna head for your back or head lol!
i did want a 300-350 but ive gone for a 400 as ive been offered one local cheap and its a bonus when i get a bigger van as it will go straight into that, dont think i'll be brimming it though in a partner,must be a lot of weight!!!

I would also always recommend the factory fit half steel bulkhead and upper steel mesh bulkhead. They are very strong and can be got second hand if you are patient.

The front brackets of the frame should be through the floor above the rear footwells in the people carrier. On the LX they are easier to get at as the passenger seat folds up and drivers seat moves forward.

The slightly more difficult thing is to have holes for the rear brackets/lugs on the frame that are situated behind the diesel tank. If you have a box frame then you shouldn't need any bolts on each end as these will need the fuel tank to be dropped for access.

Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Simon Mess

« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2014, 10:07:05 pm »

It would be much, much more dangerous than a flat 350, because of the center of gravity is so much higher. Also, because the tank is so thin, it would be much more dangerous than an upright 350. Bolting it to the floor wouldnt really help in an accident, especially with a full tank, due to its dimensions. The front bolts might hold initially, but the rears would come straight out and the tank would squash you like a pancake, no question!.

A flat 400l tank is not very deep (36cm), couldnt you put a false floor on top?, then you would have all the floor space you need and still have more internal height than an astra van.

mufcglen

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2014, 10:42:51 pm »
Wouldn't the bolts stay put though if you put big plates under the chassis to spread the load not allowing them to rip through?

LWC

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2014, 11:12:55 pm »
why do you miss the van?looks tight in there.

did you buy a bigger van and regret it?or did you buy a "lemon"? ;D

regards

dazmond

Was just a good van, i got a vivaro after and loved that to...i love all my vans to be fair  ;D

And i love all the comments about being mad having that in there lol...worked fine. It wasnt tight i had room for other things but as i mainly do window cleaning i didnt need any more space.

In fact ive gone from a small van to a big one and back to a small. You really dont need a big van unless you want to carry other things or carry loads and loads of water. I rarely use more than 200l a day.

And someone fitted a frame thru the baffles and underneath. Dont ask me how, it physically couldnt come forwards...but im sure some of you will tell me it would have because you all knew my van personally obviously  :)

400 flat would work to and no it isnt un practical. Fit reels on top of it...perfect. Fitting 2 x 210 tanks side by side? Why?

Simon Mess

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2014, 07:23:58 am »
Wouldn't the bolts stay put though if you put big plates under the chassis to spread the load not allowing them to rip through?

Some part of it would definitely give, not necessarily your chassis plates, because of the height-depth ratio. Hold a garden rake upright and stand on the, now horizontal blades. Now lever the wooden shaft over, it really is very easy, a small child could manage it if they could reach the top. That is because all of your weight is concentrated on a very small and very narrow footprint.