Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

PoleKing

Re: Payments best approach to collecting
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2014, 04:07:38 pm »
I have to disagree. PayPal is very expensive and I think it looks amateurish.

+1  PayPal charges 11% for money going in and they charge about the same again for taking money from your PayPal account . Mike

I've never been charged to transfer money from my PayPal acct to my current acct.
not sure why you're being charged?
And it's not a flat 11%.
On a £100 payment I actually get £96.
£20 payment-£19.12.
£15 payment-£14.29
It's staged charging.
If it's the only way you get paid, it's expensive.
Few payments here & there and it becomes negligible.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

paul13

« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2014, 04:12:13 pm »
We offer them all, custys seem to prefer b/t and p/p to go cardless
but would love everyone to choose go cardless ;D
Would be fantastic not needing to collect.

Mike #1

« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2014, 04:22:55 pm »
Cheers for that Darren , I have been mulling things over for a while and just want to strike the right balance .

I may save money on Diesel by hopefully doing away with collecting but that money saved will be spent on transaction fees .

But when i have weeks that i dont have to collect as much or at all its nice to be at home with my wife which is my biggest reason for trying to switch custys over to online payments .

I have had custys that i always collected on , Then last week on my payment cards i put a cross through the cash collection details and some custys paid me within 2 hrs so defo not putting evening  cash collection option on new payment cards .

Still got a load of cards left so will just get website updated with a dedicated payment page soon the decided on new card layout . Mike

PoleKing

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2014, 06:02:49 pm »
Cheers for that Darren , I have been mulling things over for a while and just want to strike the right balance .

I may save money on Diesel by hopefully doing away with collecting but that money saved will be spent on transaction fees .

But when i have weeks that i dont have to collect as much or at all its nice to be at home with my wife which is my biggest reason for trying to switch custys over to online payments .

I have had custys that i always collected on , Then last week on my payment cards i put a cross through the cash collection details and some custys paid me within 2 hrs so defo not putting evening  cash collection option on new payment cards .

Still got a load of cards left so will just get website updated with a dedicated payment page soon the decided on new card layout . Mike

No worries.
If you want to stop collecting just be honest with your customers, it cost you to collect. It does. Time and money.
You could always offer for them to pay by another method instead of a price increase.
Something like, "my prices have to go up, cost of living etc... But I'd like to keep yours at the same price if I can-you've been a great customer for x years. Instead of your price going up, I can move you over to gocardless (or whatever) and your price will stay the same. Exactly the same money spent for you with less work all round'

I find offering a change instead of a price increase (even if you weren't putting them up) almost always works.

Mike #1

« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2014, 07:05:16 pm »
Thanks again Darren will try your approach of increase our change of payment method . Mike

Jonny 87

« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2014, 07:14:40 pm »

No worries.
If you want to stop collecting just be honest with your customers, it cost you to collect. It does. Time and money.
You could always offer for them to pay by another method instead of a price increase.
Something like, "my prices have to go up, cost of living etc... But I'd like to keep yours at the same price if I can-you've been a great customer for x years. Instead of your price going up, I can move you over to gocardless (or whatever) and your price will stay the same. Exactly the same money spent for you with less work all round'

I find offering a change instead of a price increase (even if you weren't putting them up) almost always works.

I used that before aswell. Works a treat.

People like to feel as though there getting a good deal.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

PoleKing

« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2014, 07:23:15 pm »

No worries.

I used that before aswell. Works a treat.

People like to feel as though there getting a good deal.

They are. ;)

Jonny 87

« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2014, 07:46:08 pm »
Me and you are the same!

Any customer who has us as their window cleaner is already getting a good deal, regardless of price!

;D ;D ;D
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

gary999

« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2014, 07:54:37 pm »
Self Appraisal is no recomendation ladies ;D

PoleKing

« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2014, 08:26:31 pm »

Shup you. George Foreman wannabe. :P

bobplum

« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2014, 08:39:23 pm »
try to get , say £100 per week, assuming 4 weekly round, of Standing orders, that way you have a regular stream of money coming in.

All the other methods depend on you actually being able to get out and clean

PoleKing

« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2014, 08:54:32 pm »
try to get , say £100 per week, assuming 4 weekly round, of Standing orders, that way you have a regular stream of money coming in.

All the other methods depend on you actually being able to get out and clean

I've done similar.
I'm aiming for 100 customers on GoCardless.
At 86 now. Not far to go...

Jonny 87

« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2014, 10:09:46 pm »

My mum says I'm a GREAT window cleaner. So there!

;D

gary999

« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2014, 10:14:13 pm »

Shup you. George Foreman wannabe. :P

Dirt you are headshot ;D

gary999

« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2014, 10:14:59 pm »

;D

Nuff said....cant argue with your mother ;D

PoleKing

« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2014, 10:29:53 pm »

;D

Lol. My mum says do one and don't come back ;D

Jonny 87

« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2014, 10:55:56 pm »

;D

Lol. My mum says do one and don't come back ;D

Well you will insist on changing her £10 per window and putting her on go cardless.

;D ;D :D

Mike #1

« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2014, 06:01:44 am »
With Gocardless is their a space for a customer to add a payment reference such as first line of address in order to identify payment . Mike

sunshine windows

« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2014, 07:03:46 am »
Yes
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

Mike #1

« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2014, 07:51:08 am »
CHEERS  ;) ;)