Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

paul ette

heated system questions?
« on: February 14, 2014, 10:14:33 pm »
so i bought a van thatts got a heated system in it, 400 litre, do heated systems use more water? can you clean more glass with the same amount of water with a heated system?
reason i ask is that the tank i have on my current van is 500.
also how much does gas cost roughly for a weeks work?
c l u e l e s s

wfp master

Re: heated system questions?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 10:22:39 pm »
No no water is water. 8)

paul ette

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 10:28:46 pm »
so you dont use more more or less

PoleKing

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2014, 10:30:29 pm »
Ever so slightly less in my experience.
Even if it used more, I'd still go hot. It's much nicer.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

AuRavelling79

Re: heated system questions? New
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2014, 09:00:55 am »
Ever so slightly less in my experience.
Even if it used more, I'd still go hot. It's much nicer.

Makes sense if stubborn bird poo and algae comes away more quickly so you don't scrub for so long with the water flowing.

It's a game of three halves!

jk999

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2014, 09:13:10 am »
Does anyone heat their water up in the tank if so how do you heat it up

Jonny 87

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2014, 09:25:48 am »
LPG hot water on demand.

Or immersion heater in the tank over night. Like a big kettle.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

jk999

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2014, 09:49:25 am »
Is that what you use jonny

Jonny 87

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2014, 10:14:20 am »
Is that what you use jonny

Yeah I use the lpg heater. But this year I'm going to fit an immersion aswell I think.

Good in the winter because instead of putting a heater in the van over night to stop pipes freezing, you just stick the immersion on, and you get hot water all day, plus will stop pipes freezing at night like a big radiator.

Immersion is cheaper than gas aswell.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Smudger

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2014, 03:50:24 pm »
We heat our water overnight in ibc tanks - then pump into vans water stays hot all day

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Jonny 87

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2014, 04:22:13 pm »
We heat our water overnight in ibc tanks - then pump into vans water stays hot all day

Darran

Is it the fish tank heaters you use Darren? Or immersion?

Any links to what you use and what temps you can get the water to?

Smudger

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2014, 04:45:07 pm »
Neither,I use these,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Home-Garden-Portable-Travel-Hot-Water-Heater-Immersion-Element-Portable-Reheater-/400372810487?pt=UK_TravelTickets_Accessories_RL&var=&hash=item5d381442f7

They are suspended in the tank 1 in from the bottom I use 2 per 1000 ltr tank running them from midnight to 6 am gives me 35 degrees - now everything is sexy up inside the unit I now 'stir' the water for 1/2 hr every 2 hours using by booster pump.

Sunday I do eight hours as water is cold from sitting there Friday, Saturday and Sunday.   Rest of the week the water remains warm even when topped up so in theory if I kept heating it I could get to 50 + degrees

I have found anything over 20 degrees is fine for what I want hot water for

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Jonny 87

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2014, 09:30:11 pm »
Neither,I use these,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Home-Garden-Portable-Travel-Hot-Water-Heater-Immersion-Element-Portable-Reheater-/400372810487?pt=UK_TravelTickets_Accessories_RL&var=&hash=item5d381442f7

They are suspended in the tank 1 in from the bottom I use 2 per 1000 ltr tank running them from midnight to 6 am gives me 35 degrees - now everything is sexy up inside the unit I now 'stir' the water for 1/2 hr every 2 hours using by booster pump.

Sunday I do eight hours as water is cold from sitting there Friday, Saturday and Sunday.   Rest of the week the water remains warm even when topped up so in theory if I kept heating it I could get to 50 + degrees

I have found anything over 20 degrees is fine for what I want hot water for

Darran

Nice one. Thanks Darren.

Any idea how much they cost to run?

Smudger

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2014, 09:57:29 pm »
Whatever your cost per kilowatt per hr.   Ie. night rate 7p per kW   Two 1.5 kW heaters would equal 3 kW per hr.  So 21p per hr x 6 hrs £1.21 per day ( Average )

1 kW heater would cost 7p per hr.  I reckon that would heat 500 ltrs to 30 degrees over 8 hrs no problem

Darran

Jonny 87

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2014, 10:00:58 pm »
Thanks Darren. Awesome.

When I use the lpg heater I only want the water to be about 30 degrees max anyway, but those heaters will be much more cost efficient.

SeanK

« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2014, 11:20:01 pm »
That's good value when you add on that its keeping the van frost free as well.

Jonny 87

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2014, 12:07:55 am »
That's good value when you add on that its keeping the van frost free as well.

Yeah that's it.

Two for the price of one!

Smudger

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2014, 07:36:18 am »
That's why I originally went down that route, it works well.

Now the vans are parked inside at night I don't have that problem  ;D

Bear in mind that the colder it is the longer you may need the heaters on for to reach the same target temp.

But I still like some warmth to the water to keep all the hoses flexible etc..

Darran

KS Cleaning

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2014, 12:59:12 pm »
That's why I originally went down that route, it works well.

Now the vans are parked inside at night I don't have that problem  ;D

Bear in mind that the colder it is the longer you may need the heaters on for to reach the same target temp.

But I still like some warmth to the water to keep all the hoses flexible etc..

Darran
I have just ordered 2 for my 650 tank, any ideas on how to stop them hitting the baffles?

Smudger

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2014, 04:58:17 pm »
If it's a Wyvale tank you could drill a 10mm hole in the top and thread the cable through - I cable tied around the cable on the outside to leave it suspended around an inch from the bottom.

Where the lid is a great place to put a heater as well.

Darran