This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

KS Cleaning

Re: heated system questions?
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2014, 10:27:45 pm »
If it's a Wyvale tank you could drill a 10mm hole in the top and thread the cable through - I cable tied around the cable on the outside to leave it suspended around an inch from the bottom.

Where the lid is a great place to put a heater as well.

Darran
;)

Spruce

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2014, 07:32:07 am »
so i bought a van thatts got a heated system in it, 400 litre, do heated systems use more water? can you clean more glass with the same amount of water with a heated system?
reason i ask is that the tank i have on my current van is 500.
also how much does gas cost roughly for a weeks work?
c l u e l e s s

I don't use hot water and I don't have a hot water system - yet.

I did rig up a diesel heater I have over Christmas on a test bench to see what I could expect.

I found that the heater raised the water temperature at the brush head from 9 degrees to 35 degrees. With the controller at the same speed (5 on my Varistream) the hot water out of the jets of the brush squirted much further than when the water was cold.

I found I had to turn my controller down to 3 to have the same rate of water coming out of the brush.

So in my experiment, had I stayed with the 5th speed, I would use more water because I can't wash and scrub the window fast enough to keep up with the extra flow. Rinsing was brilliant though with that extra flow of water. However if I turned my flow down, I think I would use the same amount of water.

But I wouldn't be a bit surprised if other factors would come into this as well.

'Fear' of breaking someone window with hot water may make you work faster.

Also seeing the actual cost of heating that water you are using may also increase your cleaning speed, especially if you are like me and tend to over clean.

You also may work faster because people tell you that you can do the same job quicker with hot water and you believe it.

Working with more flexible hoses does make your day easier. So this could also help you to do more work as you are spending less time with hose management.

I don't want to start a debate on whether hot water cleans better than cold water as I have no personal experience on the subject. What I do know is that I do spend too much time on each window.
Son in Law does more than twice the number of houses I do a day. Whilst his being 1/2 my age is a factor, he spends much less time on each window than I did when I did the work his is doing now. Initially I was appalled at how little time he spent on each house, so I did spot checks and can assure you they were perfect.

So even with cold water, your cleaning rate can be speeded up by not over cleaning.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Smudger

« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2014, 03:37:21 pm »
As always mate a fine post,

I don't really notice any 'better' cleaning with hot, your technique is your technique so the windows are around the same time, and no noticeable difference on green SFG Cleans either, but again our system to clean hot or cold is the same with application of g101 first.

For me the advantage is much, much easier use of hoses

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

KS Cleaning

« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2014, 11:20:16 pm »
Neither,I use these,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Home-Garden-Portable-Travel-Hot-Water-Heater-Immersion-Element-Portable-Reheater-/400372810487?pt=UK_TravelTickets_Accessories_RL&var=&hash=item5d381442f7

They are suspended in the tank 1 in from the bottom I use 2 per 1000 ltr tank running them from midnight to 6 am gives me 35 degrees - now everything is sexy up inside the unit I now 'stir' the water for 1/2 hr every 2 hours using by booster pump.

Sunday I do eight hours as water is cold from sitting there Friday, Saturday and Sunday.   Rest of the week the water remains warm even when topped up so in theory if I kept heating it I could get to 50 + degrees

I have found anything over 20 degrees is fine for what I want hot water for

Darran

These are a great buy, I got two of these for my 650l tank and they arrived yesterday, popped them in my tank last night and water was nice and hot this morning. Thanks Smudger ;)

Smudger

« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2014, 01:52:07 pm »
No problem, happy to help
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience