This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Amazin

How's everyone doing atm?
« on: February 14, 2014, 12:13:17 am »
With all the cold rain and windy weather? There must be a way to get around it. I think the annoying thing would be when customers cancel because of the rain but we still need to make a living. I hope im wrong but in the next few weeks the weather could be worse.

Jonny 87

Re: How's everyone doing atm?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 12:21:53 am »
To be honest the bad weather has gained me a good few customers and I havnt lost any.

People are ok with me cleaning their windows in the rain, (reasonable people understand that it rains all the time, so it's unreasonable to expect to be able to have a regular window cleaner that only comes in the good weather.)

And people have been realising how dirty their windows are, and it's cold outside so they don't wanna do their own windows.

Every cloud.....and all that. :)
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

SeanK

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 12:31:44 am »
I'm way behind at the moment as I don't mind cleaning in the rain but wont clean in high winds.
Feeling fed up with window cleaning and getting a bit bored at the moment.
But to be honest I know I can pull back any lost earnings in the better months so cant really complain.

Geoff

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2014, 03:54:03 am »
I think asking everyone how they do ass to mouth is a bit intrusive.

koopmaster

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2014, 08:10:12 am »
I have been able to work most of last week but lost 2 days so far this week which has made me short.  MOT and tax due end of the month and I wanted to get it done by today. 

going out today until it starts to pour and then off to see if i can get a MOT.

kurt

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2014, 08:29:01 am »
This week has been my worst week, not leaving the house today . I work in light rain and showers but this is to much. Still think of the last 3 winters this is a breeze .

Frankybadboy

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2014, 08:30:39 am »
if you want to come down here and work in the rain you carry on  ;)

bouncing off the floor

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2014, 09:34:54 am »
its dry here at the moment!slept in till 830am.i cant be bothered today! ;D

forecast to be really bad by 10am anyway.same tomorrow so im gonna spend an hour re scheduling work on george for next week.

have a good weekend lads! ;)
price higher/work harder!

Amazin

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2014, 06:57:45 pm »
To be honest the bad weather has gained me a good few customers and I havnt lost any.

People are ok with me cleaning their windows in the rain, (reasonable people understand that it rains all the time, so it's unreasonable to expect to be able to have a regular window cleaner that only comes in the good weather.)

And people have been realising how dirty their windows are, and it's cold outside so they don't wanna do their own windows.

Every cloud.....and all that. :)

thats good to know:) I wonder how many people will say yes but I assume the majority will? When the rain gets really heavy I think it would be wise to go back to your van and take a break. I think 2 more weeks and the weather should be more bearable

Simon Mess

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2014, 07:00:59 pm »
Up here in North east Scotland, the weather has been no worse than normal, so not really had any impact. I'm sure we will get some snow yet though!

deeege

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2014, 07:15:15 pm »
Apart from it being a bit damp the last week or two, we have had an unbelievably good Autumn and winter so far. Only had a frost on 2 mornings, the new heaters that I bought back in October have yet to be switched on. 

I realise you lads in the south have had it bad this winter but I'm certainly not complaining about what we've had in the North West. The temperature got upto a balmy 10.5°C today and the first daffodils are starting to appear. Soon be springtime, the best earning season of the year for us.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2014, 07:16:14 pm »
Can't complain at all. Lost very little time.

dazmond

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2014, 07:22:32 pm »
same as deeege.best start to a new year ever but the weather looks bad again from thursday(more storms in the north west!! ::)roll).

so i could be a week behind by the end of the week.no great tragedy but annoying all the same! >:( ;D
price higher/work harder!

TomCrowther

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2014, 10:45:11 pm »
I had a customer cancel by letter yesterday. I called him to say thanks for the business and to ask why they were cancelling.
Nothing to do with your service, he said. "The Windows always looked great after you have been. They just keep getting dirty, so we thought what's the point"
I thought, well that's why you have them cleaned?? Decided it was a waste if time and energy  ???

Jonny 87

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2014, 01:51:41 am »
I had a customer cancel by letter yesterday. I called him to say thanks for the business and to ask why they were cancelling.
Nothing to do with your service, he said. "The Windows always looked great after you have been. They just keep getting dirty, so we thought what's the point"
I thought, well that's why you have them cleaned?? Decided it was a waste if time and energy  ???

I'm sure they will be back.

Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

robertphil

« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2014, 05:24:22 am »
best winter for many yrs

picked up no end of  fresh work and got rid of  a few messers

deeege

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2014, 06:56:13 am »

Should have asked him if he is going to stop brushing his teeth too.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

AuRavelling79

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2014, 08:00:46 am »

Should have asked him if he is going to stop brushing his teeth too.

;D

Bit of sun here yesterday - got three new "walk up" custies - our window cleaner's packed it in. Little gold mine round here!
It's a game of three halves!

ascjim

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2014, 03:46:24 pm »
Same old for me didn't work 1 day and 1 morning this winter, all caught up now though