Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

How will you increase your charges?

by 6%
by 10%
by 15%
by 20%
by 25%
by 30%+
I will not increase my charges

MrsMeredith

Re: In October 2006 minimum wage goes up by ~6% which is 30 pence.
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2006, 02:39:22 pm »
Posted by: Liahona  Posted on: Today at 08:36:08am 
Insert Quote 
May I ask what minimum wage is? Best, Dave. Oh and just a thought, who on earth works for £5:05 an hour?

Unfortunately Liahona i have to work for  £5.05 an hour every weeked (sat/sun) until my new small domestic cleaning business has took off a little more. I have to really slogg my guts out at a hotel to earn that but every little helps!

Tracey.

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2006, 02:40:12 pm »
Arthur, you ask so many questions and post so many polls we'll have to start  calling you Arthur Askey.    ;D ;D
What ever, I do not mind  :)

How should we call you, would "GaryJ-mummy returns" be any good   ;)

You can if you want, but I don't get it, and considering she died 10years ago it would also be in poor taste.
You'll have to explain it to me.

Gary, this is going to be out of the subject, but what would you like me to explain to you?

Added later:

Gary, you have a habit to change your appearance here, this is your current avatar:

That is why I suggested "GaryJ-mummy returns" as your new nick name, no offence Gary, I know you look better then that. 
::)

I think I saw you at carpex, but was not sure it was you - a man wearing dark blue jacket, was it you?

Regards,
Arthur

Fox

« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2006, 03:02:36 pm »
I think I saw you at carpex, but was not sure it was you - a man wearing dark blue jacket, was it you?

Man?  Don't you know Garyj is a girl and that avatar is a real pic of he/she! 

« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2006, 03:14:02 pm »
Fox, Gary is a male, at least I hope so  ;D
Regards,
Arthur

« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2006, 03:36:20 pm »
Don't forget, as an employer you have to pay the extra 30p PLUS the employers NI on that 30p PLUS the extra money for holidays.......

up to 10% increase on all quotes. Price increases now so that jobs quoted ahead of October pay the right sum. Then again, it's what price the job will stand.........

My standard contract provides for variation in charges as a result of legislation........ so extra NMW costs cause a variation, as did the increased employers' NI percentage the last year or so, as would a change in VAT, and as will increased road tax/duty on company fleet.

A standard letter goes to contract customers...... and in general there is no objections.

Fox

« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2006, 03:47:11 pm »
Arthur

Now I know you are having a good laugh but don't try to pull the wool over my eyes Garyj is defo a girl.  

As for your poll I didn't vote, I pay above minimum wage and will still increase our prices as well as give a wage rise but not on the basis of any of the figures you have metioned, however I only deal with commercial so would perhaps do things differently to the domestic sector.  I did post a letter previously that could be used for a price increase, it may help some of you but you would have to do a search for it.

Fox

« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2006, 03:59:18 pm »
...up to 10% increase on all quotes. Price increases now so that jobs quoted ahead of October pay the right sum. Then again, it's what price the job will stand...
Andrew,
I used to charge 8-50 an hour until few months ago, when I increased charges to 9-00 per hour and as a result number of inquiries dropped by about 50%.  With minimum wage increase and us becoming VAT payers the future does not look very bright…unless yellow pages, which going out this summer, put us back on track…

Fox,
Domestic is a little bit different to commercial in particular when you have to add on the top of your charges the VAT...  I remember your letter, thank you.

Regards,

Arthur

Arthur

Now I know you are having a good laugh but don't try to pull the wool over my eyes Garyj is defo a girl...

Fox

P.S. If Gary is a girl then I guess I know why she did not approach me at the show… She must be a very shy, nice looking girl…  8)
No I still think she is a male… ;D oops not she but he is a male  ;D

PPS. I bet Gary will respond this evening after few pints of beer… ::) Bud is his/hers favourite…  ;D

garyj

« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2006, 04:28:48 pm »
I don't drink, it upsets my hormones and my husband doesn't like it.
AJ, why did you think I was a man!!!! What an insult.

« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2006, 04:44:11 pm »
Gary, did not want to insult you, just kidding, still believe you are a male...  ;)
Regards,
Arthur

Liahona

« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2006, 05:56:58 pm »
Arthur, I have been Vat registered from day one before I even cleaned a carpet..... never found it a problem having to charge the Vat...... If you are doing commercial work which I think you are then your customers will be registered too so wont give it any thought having to pay it. With all our expenses of fuel, chemicals, machines etcetera why would you not register for Vat. Best, Dave.