Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

8weekly

New Gardiner All Season Pole hose.
« on: February 05, 2014, 01:16:56 pm »
I just wondered how others are getting on with it. I use a tap on the pole and the resulting loop is very knotty and tight. To extend the pole involves a fight with the hose every time now. I wondered if those that don't use a tap find it knotty?

alank

Re: New Gardiner All Season Pole hose.
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 04:15:33 pm »
I use a tap aswell and have the same problems its a proper pain, my mate ordered a roll for himself and one for me we both use taps and both have the same issues plus the loop at the bottom of the pole has split twice so had to cut of the last couple of inches and refit to tap, I threw away the old pole hoses or i would have put them back on instead.

Mike #1

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 04:34:40 pm »
If it is any thing like the standard hose i cant bear to use it it is a nightmare , I use Aquadapters orange hose and have done for over a year without to much of an issue with tap fitted .

One thing to bare in mind is if your hose arrived tightly coiled and you fitted it straight to your pole you will have issues , Best thing to do is put in a bucket of hot water for 1-2 mins then coil it up in big loops only 2-3 or lay flat on garage floor overnight then refit it .

Gardiners hot water pole hose is similar to the orange Aquadapter hose i think , But i like my orange  Gardiners thermobore hose to match my pole hose . Mike

8weekly

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2014, 05:01:18 pm »
Hmmm. Interesting. I still have the hose on my CLX that's two years old and that was excellent. Even after 18 months it performed brilliantly. But since buying the SLX I have had problems with both the original hose and the all season. I will refit the CLX hose and pray it doesn't split.  ;)

chez

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2014, 05:19:33 pm »
Hey.
I use the aquadapter and have been using the red hose that comes with it. It's just too rigid and has a memory of the way it curls back up.
Saw the gardener all season hose so tried it and I have to it is sooooo much better than either the red aquadapter hose and the old standard hose that Gardeners used to use.
It never kinks, stays very supple even in cold weather and has virtually no memory curl. Would highly recommend. I changed all of my poles to it even my 45 super max. So easy to use!!
Cheers Chez

matty72

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2014, 05:24:36 pm »
i have just ordered the new pole hose at the full price, if it's anything like the old pole hose i will chop my arm off and throw it at them specially as i missed the price reduction by aday.

ian williamson

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2014, 07:11:53 pm »
Ordered some of this hose and fitted to my pole, put water heater on and as soon as hose got warm it kept pulling out of aquqdapter!!!! After third time went back to old red hose!!!!

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2014, 07:34:49 pm »
Ordered some of this hose and fitted to my pole, put water heater on and as soon as hose got warm it kept pulling out of aquqdapter!!!! After third time went back to old red hose!!!!

This is because this hose needs stem-to barb adapters if being used with push fit connections and warm water systems. This is stated on the product page on the website - http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/NEW----All-Season--Pole-Hose-5mm-8mm-ID-OD---100m-POLE_HOSE_AS_30.html (under the technical info part of the page).

These stem to barb adapters can be bought here - http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/John-Guest-8mm-stem-to-6mm-Barb-PM250806E.html

We do not rate the hose for hot water systems (water above about 30°C) as it will become too soft. The operating temperature zone is labelled on the product page as well.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2014, 07:38:37 pm »
i have just ordered the new pole hose at the full price, if it's anything like the old pole hose i will chop my arm off and throw it at them specially as i missed the price reduction by aday.

The new All-Season hose is a great improvement on the older pole hose - much more pliable and easy to work with even when the weather is cold. We have more than a thousand clients who have now switched to this hose and much prefer it.

Like any product it will not always suit everyone's set-up (as above) or working practice, but generally most clients are very pleased with it.

Sorry you 'missed the boat' on the introductory offer, but we actually kept it on for a couple of weeks longer than originally intended and it was for a limited amount of stock only.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2014, 07:43:26 pm »
I just wondered how others are getting on with it. I use a tap on the pole and the resulting loop is very knotty and tight. To extend the pole involves a fight with the hose every time now. I wondered if those that don't use a tap find it knotty?

Not sure why you are having these issues. I was using the hose myself with the pole valve in my hand on Tuesday and enjoying the hose's flexibility. Was the hose curled when it was first connected up together? If the tap is fixed it then means that twists in the hose cannot 'drop out' in use.

Perhaps fittings a swivel connection on the tap, would stop the pole hose twisting up in use.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2014, 07:45:04 pm »
I use a tap aswell and have the same problems its a proper pain, my mate ordered a roll for himself and one for me we both use taps and both have the same issues plus the loop at the bottom of the pole has split twice so had to cut of the last couple of inches and refit to tap, I threw away the old pole hoses or i would have put them back on instead.

Hi alank

Any chance of a photo of the split and exactly where (in relation to the pole) it split? Email me on alex@agardiner.co.uk

This is the first I have heard of the pole hose splitting. What temperature is the water you are using?

mufcglen

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2014, 08:39:05 pm »
Which tap was you using Tuesday Alex, is it the push fit one with the red lever?

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2014, 08:53:46 pm »
Which tap was you using Tuesday Alex, is it the push fit one with the red lever?

I was using this one:

I find these last well and are light and easy to hold.

I have a video link here of exactly how I work with them - http://youtu.be/cS51l4oY2mg

Cliff perkins

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2014, 09:13:04 pm »
I've got the thermobore stuff and i haven't used it with hot yet so I'm gonna chuck it in a bucket of hot water over the weekend and see if it makes it any easier to use.

whats the best stuff to use that does everything in 1 that you can use with hot and cold all year around.
regards
Www.1stglasswindowcleaning.co.uk

johnny bravo

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2014, 09:56:21 pm »
would this flow valve put pressure on a gardiners backpack pump   if used.

8weekly

« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2014, 06:57:35 am »

Not sure why you are having these issues. I was using the hose myself with the pole valve in my hand on Tuesday and enjoying the hose's flexibility. Was the hose curled when it was first connected up together? If the tap is fixed it then means that twists in the hose cannot 'drop out' in use.

Perhaps fittings a swivel connection on the tap, would stop the pole hose twisting up in use.
The tap is secured to the bottom of the pole so I agree that this doesn't allow twists to drop out. I asked whether those that didn't have the same setup had the same problem as I am sure it contributes to the problem. That said, the hose that came with poles purchased in May time 2012 (or was it 2011 - time flies) never did it.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2014, 07:30:13 am »
would this flow valve put pressure on a gardiners backpack pump   if used.

The pumps used in the backpack have a pressure switch which cuts the pump off if a valve like this is turned off. So it would be completely OK to use a valve like this on the pole and will have help to conserve water from a limited source like a backpack. I use a pole with a shut-off valve when using my backpack.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2014, 07:31:54 am »

The tap is secured to the bottom of the pole so I agree that this doesn't allow twists to drop out. I asked whether those that didn't have the same setup had the same problem as I am sure it contributes to the problem. That said, the hose that came with poles purchased in May time 2012 (or was it 2011 - time flies) never did it.

Perhaps the older hose was stiffer (which most did not like) and this prevented twists occurring in your fixed setup. I do have some older hose in stock if you really need some.

Dave Willis

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2014, 12:01:10 pm »
I've not had a pole hose that doesn't twist yet. I think it's the coiling up the same way on every job that does it. Once a day I disconnect from the reel hose and put a few left twists back in the hose then coil it back up. Of course if I was ambidextrous it wouldn't happen.

Mind you, if I was amphibious I wouldn't be sat here right now.