Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Matt Gibson

Pole Repairs
« on: February 05, 2014, 07:01:45 am »
I got a used CLX with a load of stuff i bought recently and the bottom of one of the sections is all chipped and briken. (the part of the section that slides inside the other section) Just wondering if the easiest way to sort it is cut off the broken bit (only 2 inches)?

I'll be using it for cladding jobs, and applying chemical, so it doesnt need to be perfect, just need it to not spin.

Also, the clamps seem to need to be done up tight, im assuming its because the pole is worn. I have seen some posts on here about a spray of lacquer? Could someone possibly point me in the direction of the best lacquer to use? and do i need to sand it to get a key for the lacquer? Also, do i just spray the lacquer on the part of the pole that im trying to build up?

Much appreciated.

Mike #1

Re: Pole Repairs
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 07:27:51 am »
Get down to local car parts shop and just get some laquer from them , I used to use it on Carbon poles but it should work just the same on a CLX .

Give each section a quick light sanding then wipe down with damp cloth once dry spray each section with a light coating of laquer from top to bottom .

You might need 2 coats depends on how bad sections are , If the base of broken section is bad just hacksaw it off . Mike

Avo

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 07:28:37 am »
I got a used CLX with a load of stuff i bought recently and the bottom of one of the sections is all chipped and briken. (the part of the section that slides inside the other section) Just wondering if the easiest way to sort it is cut off the broken bit (only 2 inches)?

I'll be using it for cladding jobs, and applying chemical, so it doesnt need to be perfect, just need it to not spin.

Also, the clamps seem to need to be done up tight, im assuming its because the pole is worn. I have seen some posts on here about a spray of lacquer? Could someone possibly point me in the direction of the best lacquer to use? and do i need to sand it to get a key for the lacquer? Also, do i just spray the lacquer on the part of the pole that im trying to build up?

Much appreciated.
I do mine..
I did my slx Sunday and looks and feels new again and no more black hands.
Halfords clear coat lacquer mate just strip the pole tape off and line up each section 6" apart standing up right.  Get some tips on YouTube about spraying with rattle cans before doing it or you might get runs down it and trust me you don't really want that.

Matt Gibson

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2014, 08:38:30 am »
Cheers for the info guys,

Yeah ive used rattle cans before, i can imagine runs of lacquer would be a pain.

Thanks again guys, ill strip it down this weekend.

dazmond

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2014, 10:38:04 am »
i took all sections apart on my 7 month old extreme last week.flushed them and cleaned all sections.then renewed the stop indicator tape,sprayed one light coat of clear lacquer.

when dry i reassembled pole and then sprayed it with a light coat of PTFE lubricant.

pole is like brand new again now.

ill be doing this every few months now and flushing the pole out say once a month.

i always wipe the pole hose a few times a day on wet days as well.

i never used to bother with looking after poles really when i had clxs and brodex poles but at £520 a pop for the extreme 25 i want it to last a few years yet! ;D
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2014, 10:49:07 am »
another thing, i use the extreme 25 for all my cladding,fascia,soffit and conny roof jobs as well as window cleaning.i just use different brushes and goosenecks.

i dont see the point in buying the best,lightest poles on the market if you dont use them on the harder add on jobs as well.
price higher/work harder!

mrwindows

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2014, 11:41:59 am »
I flush my xtreme everyday, Just extend each section, one at a time, half way between the raised parts and the water/debris washes straight through.