Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Frankybadboy

Re: How much would you quote?
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2014, 10:52:14 am »
yes i agree , tell her to find some other idiot to do them  ;)
put your name forward then mike  ;D ;D ;D ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D on your bike  ;)
I reckon I get to you with a personal best time#loveatailwind

elite mike

« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2014, 10:57:01 am »
yes i agree , tell her to find some other idiot to do them  ;)
put your name forward then mike  ;D ;D ;D ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D on your bike  ;)
I reckon I get to you with a personal best time#loveatailwind

yes i reckon you would especially if you pop over the bridge at the mo  ;D ;D ;D

paul ette

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2014, 11:20:19 am »
20£ for 8 windows, I'm too cheap.
My mistake is when I quote I give a price before I ask frequency, so end charging the same for all frequency.
Gonna have a big price increase this summer I think

Jonny 87

« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2014, 11:51:34 am »
My mistake is when I quote I give a price before I ask frequency, so end charging the same for all frequency.

Depends where you are.

Absoloutely no way would anyone in their right mind pay £20 for an end terrace house in the areas I work. (I do a lot of work in well to do areas and they wouldn't even pay that)

Your talking 15 minutes work.

Wow, all you guys must be rolling in it, earning £60-£80 an hour.

Personally I'd feel guilty for charging that much, but hey ho. If you can get away with it then fair play.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

paul ette

« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2014, 12:22:37 pm »
15 mins if your taking your time, my price would of been a tenner max

AuRavelling79

« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2014, 12:51:50 pm »
> Suffolk - stick to your guns. If you get everything you quote for you are too cheap.

Pay no attention to the "you can't get that round my way merchants". It's the individual you deal with not where they live.

Amazingly people don't go round all the time asking their neighbours what the windie charges. Occasionally maybe but not enough to matter.
It's a game of three halves!

PoleKing

« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2014, 04:58:52 pm »

Depends where you are.

Absoloutely no way would anyone in their right mind pay £20 for an end terrace house in the areas I work. (I do a lot of work in well to do areas and they wouldn't even pay that)

Personally I'd feel guilty for charging that much, but hey ho. If you can get away with it then fair play.

You wouldn't.
You'd just enjoy the fruits of your labours.
No-one is forced to keep a WC on. They are free to leave or continue to pay.
Some customers will happily pay £100 per hour some baulk at £10.
Personally, I don't know a single person who 'feels guilty' about the money they earn.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

Crystal-clear

« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2014, 05:19:37 pm »
+1 what gold said too

Anyone who says you'll never get that round my way and are actually happy to clean for £10 4 times a year has to get there head examined sorry no other way to put it need to be blunt here if you are you should be charging more, we are In this game to make money ain't we not just wear a badge its down to the old I'm a business owner or I'm a window cleaner , I mean yes we are all window cleaners but some need to think more business minded

I also would bet my life that if in your area you feel £10 is the max for an end terrace 3 monthly I garentee I will find a customer in your area who will pay £20
I used to always price what the cheapest person in the area used to charge thinking that's just the way it is lol the good old days have long gone

Price realistic remember
you have no holiday pay,

no sick pay ,
no pension ,
you have to pay expensis ,
you have the stress of dealing with hundreds of peope
van brea down etc etc ...

If you take time of work due to weather now add all this up and ask yourself considering all the above is it really worth taking a 4 monthly £10 job when I can get £10 monthlys with ease my answer if I was the OP would be no ...

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2014, 11:17:28 pm »
Thanks guys. Agree with gold and crystal clear..... I'm sorry but £7.00 is ridiculous. Seriously £7.00 for a quarterly clean? I think my pricing seems very fair. I would go at a tenner if monthly no probs as it would take 15 mins max but for quarterly custies have to understand the price will be more....

I do find more and more of the new enquiries I get tend to be asking for 8 weekly,quarterly or one offs..... It seems to be harder to get 4 weekly jobs these days.  ::)roll

Jonny 87

« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2014, 12:46:35 am »
Thanks guys. Agree with gold and crystal clear..... I'm sorry but £7.00 is ridiculous. Seriously £7.00 for a quarterly clean? I think my pricing seems very fair. I would go at a tenner if monthly no probs as it would take 15 mins max but for quarterly custies have to understand the price will be more....

I do find more and more of the new enquiries I get tend to be asking for 8 weekly,quarterly or one offs..... It seems to be harder to get 4 weekly jobs these days.  ::)roll

£7 is my monthly charge for that. £10 would be for quarterly. Take me 20 minutes tops really. Windows don't get super dirty in 3 months guys.

I have lots of work around that size and pricing and pull in minimum £30 an hour.

As I said, each to their own when it comes to pricing. I charge wait I feel is a fair price, and a price that I can make a good living off.

£30 an hour is fine for me.

Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

8weekly

« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2014, 06:46:59 am »

£7 is my monthly charge for that. £10 would be for quarterly. Take me 20 minutes tops really. Windows don't get super dirty in 3 months guys.

I have lots of work around that size and pricing and pull in minimum £30 an hour.

As I said, each to their own when it comes to pricing. I charge wait I feel is a fair price, and a price that I can make a good living off.

£30 an hour is fine for me.

...and when you are charging £45 an hour, that is what you will earn.  ;)

« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2014, 06:58:20 am »

Depends where you are.

Your mad if you believe all the bs on here :)

Paul Coleman

« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2014, 07:14:05 am »

Depends where you are.

Indeed, but I thought the point was that you would be pitching the price at a level where you don't really want the job anyway. Chances are that you wouldn't get the job but so what.  If a job looks like being a liability the choices are to decline it or to put in a very high price.