Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

WGB

Problem houses
« on: February 04, 2014, 07:05:23 pm »
Done my mums house this morning (pvc frames) which was very dirty from all the bad weather lately, called back this afternoon to have a look and was shocked to see that nearly every window had spots on them. was wrecking my head for a while thinking what i did wrong, windows has no air vents so not that, ppm is 008 and rubber seals weren't to bad either. The only thing i can think of is they are hydrophobic glass and i didn't rinse enough. Had a few complaints lately so was starting to question wfp system. Anybody else have problem houses or suggestions? Wayne

Michael Peterson

Re: Problem houses
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 07:08:08 pm »
you cant question the system as pure water will dry clear, you can only question your method my friend  ;)

bobplum

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 07:09:29 pm »
do you use fan jets or pencil ???

ben M

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2014, 07:09:33 pm »
you cant question the system as pure water will dry clear, you can only question your method my friend  ;)
+1

ben M

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2014, 07:10:08 pm »
rinse,rinse and rinse more than normally with this weather

Spruce

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2014, 07:16:29 pm »
We are on the North East Coast and I would never wash windows with a TDS of 8.

We did so once (10ppm) in error and the windows were terrible. Since then I tried cleaning our own windows with different water qualities and anything above 5 left tiny spots.

The TDS meter was accurate as we checked it with calibration fluid.

And yes, some types of glass will be worse than others.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

WGB

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2014, 07:21:24 pm »
pencil jet, yes thats what i told one of my customers pure water wont stain glass. just a bit ped of with it some times  when im really careful and they still come up spotty. They were really dirty so im guessing i didnt rinse enough on the hydropholic glass.

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2014, 07:21:34 pm »
work with a high flow

make sure water is 000

SCRUB AND RINSE TOP FRAMES FIRST!

HOT pure water if possible

RINSE THOROUGHLY esp at the bottom of the windows

if you suspect dodgy rubber seals, after you ve scrubbed the top of the glass use your brush to brush away any droplets sitting right on the top seal and rinse a few milimetres below.
price higher/work harder!

Jonny 87

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2014, 07:30:01 pm »
you cant question the system as pure water will dry clear, you can only question your method my friend  ;)

+2

Do you use a flow controller of sorts?

If so what setting do you use?

Which brush head are you using?
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

tench0771

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2014, 07:36:43 pm »
ive found wfp hard work since all this bad weather windows r filfy turn ur water flo up an make shore u swip them drips off that top rubber sill to stop runs ,if it was windy when u cleaned them dust may have blow'n on the glass as it was drying wich will make the window spot hope that helps

Jonny 87

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2014, 07:41:25 pm »
Flocked brushes are absolutely the bees knees when it comes to filthy windows in this weather.

I like them that much I'm going to use them all year round on my poles 25 feet and under.

I've done some absolutely filthy storm battered windows and also done the insides so I can check how they've turned out, apart from the occasional spot that you can see by putting your nose to the glass, they were perfect.

Flocked brushes all the way.  :)
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

colin bird

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2014, 07:57:12 pm »
+1

tom20001

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2014, 09:05:19 pm »
Flocked brushes are absolutely the bees knees when it comes to filthy windows in this weather.

I like them that much I'm going to use them all year round on my poles 25 feet and under.

I've done some absolutely filthy storm battered windows and also done the insides so I can check how they've turned out, apart from the occasional spot that you can see by putting your nose to the glass, they were perfect.

why are flocked better and what exactly is difference between flocked brush nd standard

cheers

windowswashed

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2014, 09:41:48 pm »
Flocked have crimped bristles ends. They loosen dirt easier but trap dirt in the stock so they need cleaning often with a sweep across the brush. I prefer mono filament bristles with straight bristle ends.

WGB

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2014, 09:50:28 pm »
Using  The Super Lite Dual Trim  Medium Mixed Bristles brush on slx, have my flow rate at 35 usually but have 2 man pump so plenty of water coming out.
Daz rubber seals were bad on some windows but ok in others, i sometimes clean top frames with damp brush just so no drips will come down on to glass. Do get houses where the white bristles on my brush turn black with bad seals, will reclean and rinse plenty tomorrow just below seals and see if any better, hopefully just an off day :) thanks for advice. Wayne

Jonny 87

« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2014, 12:32:34 am »

why are flocked better and what exactly is difference between flocked brush nd standard

cheers

Best way to describe it is that flocked brushes are almost like a microfibre cloth, instead of monofilament which can be like a comb making lines in the dirt. Solid compact bristles with split ends. Great scrubbing power.

The gardiners brush has monofilament on the inside, and flocked on the outside.

Marc Whitbread

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2014, 07:26:45 am »
I have had problems at 008ppm even in the summer when weather was good I never let it get above 2 at most then replace resin.

Mike #1

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2014, 07:40:45 am »
i Have mistakenly cleaned with 15ppm without problems . Those really dirty frames will have had some tiny black grit as i call it ,

If you dont rinse really really well and grit is left  on the glass they will dry badly expect to take almost twice as long on some houses . Mike

jk999

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2014, 07:59:13 am »
Water does not need to be 000 I have worked with water up to 015 and it works perfectly fine as long as you dont push the tds reading , its all down to srubing and rinsing plenty off water should do the trick

gary999

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2014, 08:03:25 am »
The actual difference between 000ppm and 008ppm is so
small it makes no difference at all.

I use water straight out of my tap( :o yes terrible i know) at
present its at 33ppm the lowest its ever been and i never have
a problem.

Rinse more and the windows that dont take to it,which there will
always will be some(more in bad weather conditions)simply blade
dry afterwards.

Wfp isnt a cure all,simply adapt your technique when necessary