This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

colin bird

Lucky escape two
« on: February 04, 2014, 06:24:01 pm »
Working today in a curled sac of five houses,all quite big detached houses,cleaned the first one,dragged my hose out of the first garden ,to enable me to get a clear run to the second one,hose was in the road,by no means is this a busy cul de sac as there were only three houses to the end,I'm cleaning the second house with my back to the road,a van comes behind me, picks up my hose,as there must have been an upstanding loop in the hose,next thing I know I'm being pulled down the road the Reason for this  is I wear a holster that holds my on off valve,luckily for me,I was able to pull the holster open to release the hose and let go of the pole,the next thing my pole hose and hose reel are being dragged down the road,fortunately the driver heard me shout and stopped.
The only damage was leather holster torn,and hose lock fitting broken where it had been ripped off of van. Guess it was my fault as I should have checked the hose when it was laying in the road.
Thought I would share it with you all as I've learnt a valuable lesson.

Jonny 87

Re: Lucky escape two
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 06:54:03 pm »
Scary,

Glad you came out unscathed.

I'm always paranoid about that happening. Even if the hose is lying flat, I wonder if it could get trapped in a groove of someone's tyre tread.  ???

Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 07:01:17 pm »
michael crawford would have been proud!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

glad your ok mate.

another thing.watch you dont trip up while looking up poling like i did the other month. ::)roll

a full week off work with bruised ribs.very painful!its took 2 months to heal properly!

best wishes

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

colin bird

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2014, 08:03:11 pm »
Scary,

Glad you came out unscathed.

I'm always paranoid about that happening. Even if the hose is lying flat, I wonder if it could get trapped in a groove of someone's tyre tread.  ???

thanks for you reply I hear what you saying but my hose is 8mm would have to be a wide tread, but more importantly lesson learned for all of us

colin bird

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2014, 08:06:50 pm »
michael crawford would have been proud!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

glad your ok mate.

another thing.watch you dont trip up while looking up poling like i did the other month. ::)roll

a full week off work with bruised ribs.very painful!its took 2 months to heal properly!

best wishes

dazmond yes done that fell over smashed a plat pot,I even offered to pay for it,guess what they deducted 6 quid for the pleasure of me falling over in there garden,in the us they would have been sued by the wc

Fin Clearview

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2014, 09:00:04 pm »
Thanks for sharing and glad your ok mate. One reason I wear the quick release unger belt that I clip onto. Stay safe fellas

colin bird

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2014, 09:54:06 pm »
Thanks for sharing and glad your ok mate. One reason I wear the quick release unger belt that I clip onto. Stay safe fellas
thanks for your reply

Bryan_Dolby

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2014, 06:27:31 pm »
Hi Colin

I teach risk assessment for the FWC
can i have your permissiion to use this as a topic for disscussion

I will not use your name
Just say this happened to a window cleaner whilst working

Regards

Bryan
Bryan Dolby
( Member F.W.C.)
My opinons are my own and nothing to do with the federation of window cleaners

colin bird

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2014, 08:18:49 pm »
Hi Colin

I teach risk assessment for the FWC
can i have your permissiion to use this as a topic for disscussion

I will not use your name
Just say this happened to a window cleaner whilst working

Regards

Bryan  hi Bryan yes by all means,if you want any info or chat please e mail me colin@clean-prestige.co.uk

Cliff perkins

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2014, 09:46:37 pm »
blimey lucky escape
i guess you won't be putting the hose back on your waist again then.
glad your unhurt though.
regards
Www.1stglasswindowcleaning.co.uk

colin bird

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2014, 06:07:26 pm »
blimey lucky escape
i guess you won't be putting the hose back on your waist again then.
glad your unhurt though.
regards
thanks for your reply