This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mr smear

is my wfp setup wrong
« on: February 01, 2014, 11:01:02 pm »
Hoping for some advice.
Got 2 10 inch filters then 4040 RO not new ultra low pressure membrane though just normal and then resin bottle will get another soon. TDS out of mains 480 . I have the waste water ratio quit high to make ro TDS  drop to 28. Is that reading too high. The filters 1 month old and the RO about 6 months. The water pressure is normal to good.

As i'm on water meter and going through resin quicker than other people seem to would an extra RO be way forward. Is there  a way for me to lower both resin and water costs?

Thanks ???

Smudger

Re: is my wfp setup wrong
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 11:27:22 pm »
That some of the highest mains TDS I've seen, really you need to know what the water pressure is.  But I don't believe that any water pressure in the uk is high enough to make 4040 RO systems work at optimum.

Get yourself a decent booster pump any you should get the TDS out below 20
Get 2 resin vessels. Of at least 11 ltr capacity for maximum resin use

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

mr smear

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2014, 11:02:41 am »
Thanks Smudger. Is it worth  getting a pump to only drop TDS from 28 to 20 though ? The tank fills quick. How often do you go through bag resin? I only tend to use about 250 - 300 litres a day.on and on average work 3 _4 days a week. AS i do other work aswell.

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2014, 03:33:38 pm »
That's where you need to weigh up running costs pump ( 150 quid + electric when in use ) against less resin use.

There is a resin calculator on the gardiners web site ( hopefully still there )

My boosted water supply 320 ave TDS comes out at 11 (membrane now six months old) it used to be 8 so currently don't use resin.

When I start using resin at 15 TDS I expect a bag to last around 6 months with double di - we use on average 1200 ltrs per day

When the old membrane was producing 30 I went through a bag in around 2 months

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience