Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Simon Mess

Re: Mitsubishi warrior
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2014, 10:31:30 am »
IMHO it depends on the business i have managed great with an L200 for the past 30 months and woyld never dream of buying a van .

As for the statement totally unsuirable for wfp window cleaning how would you know if you have never owned or used one. Mike

Who said i had never owned or used one?

Mike #1

« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2014, 11:21:58 am »
You never said either way you just seem anti Truck .  :P

Dave Willis

« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2014, 01:40:31 pm »
It's the rigger boots that put me off.

Mike #1

« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2014, 02:03:19 pm »
Dont wear rigger boots flat cap and tweed jacket though.  ;D ;D . Mike

Dave Willis

« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2014, 02:12:56 pm »
I looked at an Itchifanni Raging Rash once - in bright red. Put me off to be honest. Pick up - from somewhere.

Mike #1

« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2014, 04:10:11 pm »
Forgot about Hawker Boots bit slippy in wet weather without segs  ;) ;) . Mike

Klean07

kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

Mike #1

« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2014, 04:35:09 pm »
The problem in this country is that vans are widely accepted as the first choice for a works vehicle , And some people think people who drive Pickup Trucks are gypsies .

And that they are not a works vehicle but a leisure vehicle , But a proper works vehicle is exactly what they are built for and fitted with plastic load liners and double bulkhead are great works vehicle .

As a WFP vehicle it is far more ready to use , Flat tank,  Pump Box and away you go no ply-lining or waterproofing and no waiting for frame to be fitted to secure tank  . Mike

Mike #1

« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2014, 04:37:15 pm »

EandM

« Reply #49 on: February 04, 2014, 05:37:37 pm »

They have nothing in common with an estate car - they can carry 2.25 times the weight and are built on a separate chassis that seems to be made out of girders with a load compartment that's entirely separate from the passenger compartment. They are designed to carry heavy, awkward or hazardous loads on all terrain and most importantly are designed to get and run wet. They are an ideal, totally fit for purpose vehicle with mine costing £380 fully comp and road tax set at £225. It's my fourth and easily my best ever work vehicle.
[/quote]

A double cab pickup may have a good payload, but in relation to the size of the vehicle, it has a very small load bay indeed. I do agree with you that they have nothing in common with an estate car, BUT, unless you happen to need the extra ground clearance and 4wd, i would agree with nameless drudge, that they are totally unsuitable for wfp window cleaning (unless you simply want the pose value!?). Even if you need 5 seats, you would be much better off with a crewcab van. I also have some very rural properties which i manage to reach just fine with my transit connect!. I am also a little curious as to why you think the most important aspect of a pickup is that it is "designed to get and run wet"?!. My transit connect also runs quite fine in the rain, it will even go through puddles!.
[/quote]

I briefly used a large estate car, a Citroen XM, which is huge and probably one of the best designed purpose built load carriers ever. It carries around half a tonne and with the hyrdopneumatic suspension always compensates to allow for the same level ride, handling and comfort irrespective of being loaded or empty. It struggled ! Even with a 400 litre tank it was dangerously close to it's maximum weight capacity and although it drove ok it was putting considerable stress on the clutch, tyres and drivetrain to be used continuously at it's limit. It doesn't have any springs but a conventionally set up estate car would take a real hammering if you asked it to carry that much everyday. The pickup (Ranger in my case) can carry around 1,200 kg so at 500 kg isn't really stressed at all. This means that mechanical components, which seem to be rather over engineered, tend to be long lasting. The issue of operating wet is a very simple concept that refers to not having to worry about waterproofing anything. The pickup is designed to be open to the elements and any water collected in the tub simply runs out - try that in an estate car and any escaping water or indeed condensation means that the inside of the car resembles a greenhouse, the carpets stay damp and rot the floor from the inside out and it gets into the electrics. Add an additional safety point that the passengers are protected by two separate steel bulkheads and I know what I'd rather drive.

Dave Willis

« Reply #50 on: February 04, 2014, 05:46:41 pm »
With a crewcab all the tanks weight looks like it would all be over the back axle - is that ok? Whereas a van normally has the weight between the axles.

LWC

« Reply #51 on: February 04, 2014, 06:20:25 pm »
Im all for them.  :)

Mike #1

« Reply #52 on: February 04, 2014, 06:25:59 pm »
Im all for them.  :)

What Hawker boots and flat caps  :P . Mike

LWC

« Reply #53 on: February 04, 2014, 06:27:13 pm »
And pipe

dazmond

« Reply #54 on: February 04, 2014, 07:14:41 pm »
could i get a half decent one for 5 grand?i think they look great!

only thing that puts me off is no room for poles!
price higher/work harder!

Michael Peterson

« Reply #55 on: February 04, 2014, 07:15:26 pm »
lol more gypsy's drive transits than pickups :-)

Mike #1

« Reply #56 on: February 04, 2014, 07:29:39 pm »
Thankfully now i dont look so much like a gypsy in my country attire and me truck . Mike

LWC

« Reply #57 on: February 04, 2014, 07:57:11 pm »
Its defo my next vehicle, but im more swayed to the newer shape navara.

Mike #1

« Reply #58 on: February 04, 2014, 08:26:17 pm »
Never seen one yet they dont have a great reputation as they have had loads of problems in the past time will tell . Mike

EandM

« Reply #59 on: February 04, 2014, 09:02:42 pm »
Its defo my next vehicle, but im more swayed to the newer shape navara.

They had a dreadful habit of putting no3 conrod through the side of the block which is anything up to £5 grand and other issues too.
Apparently ok since 2010 and Renault's lack of involvement in the project with Nissan.