This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

johnny bravo

Re: Mitsubishi warrior
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2014, 10:56:23 am »
renewals and parts may be a bit more £££££,   tyres etc.      but thats not very often.     looked myself,   warrior / barbarian.   they have a video on there dealership home page.        looks the part,   especially if you have family,  all sit in the cab

paul ette

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2014, 11:14:09 am »
is the 500 litre tank a flat laying one? would an upright one fit?
also do you strap it in or drill some holes through the floor

paul ette

« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2014, 11:17:28 am »
has anyone got any pictures to show how the setup fits in? would be really apreciated

Mike #1

« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2014, 12:13:57 pm »
Flat tank is way better for weight distribution , I have a 400ltr flat tank which wedges nicely between the wheel arches a 600ltr tank will fit the same as the only difference in size is the height .

My tank has some hefty pieces of timber down one side of tank to act as dunnage and a pump box turned on its side down the other side behind wheel arches .

Then i have two 2 ton ratchet straps in a X formation across top of tank and piece of 4x2 in between tank and tailgate because of the small gap . All this i did under instruction from a relative who worked in transport in the Army for years . Mike

britishwill

« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2014, 05:27:29 pm »

Bill.upnw

« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2014, 08:45:27 pm »
Good job will

« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2014, 09:13:13 pm »
Tank is a flat one.  Uprights are too high.  Pay about £400 and you can get a bespoke accident-tested tank with about 677 litres and still enough room for your kit.

Here's mine.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ilc67fl1lkm85vh/IMAG2445.jpg

How do I upload the pic from my desktop PC?  It doesn't work when I click the "Upload Files" button or when I click the small picture icon... ???

PoleKing

« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2014, 09:16:14 pm »
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

paul ette

« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2014, 10:17:22 pm »
looks decent, plenty of room,,, tempting

Twc services

« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2014, 10:44:23 pm »
I had a barbarian with 500 flat tank. Great truck , but decided I missed the size of a van so bought another v dub transporter  :)

Mike #1

« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2014, 07:40:59 am »
Looks really good with a couple of chopped down PF trolley's i like it .

But for me if i had a canopy on the back i would stick with a flat tank with ply board over the top of tank and reels bolted onto ply board . Mike

Nameless Drudge

« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2014, 07:08:39 pm »
Not enough room,you will always be compromised.They are fuel guzzlers and expensive to insure. A big toy,hardly fit for purpose as a wfp window cleaning vehicle. A larger estate car able to carry the weight is all they are. Very difficult to p in without being observed and for that reason alone I`m out!

Simon@ Clearview contractors

« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2014, 08:06:09 pm »
Nobody has mentioned the road tax, are the newer ones about £475 P/A???

a900

« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2014, 08:26:29 pm »
Not enough room,you will always be compromised.They are fuel guzzlers and expensive to insure. A big toy,hardly fit for purpose as a wfp window cleaning vehicle. A larger estate car able to carry the weight is all they are. Very difficult to p in without being observed and for that reason alone I`m out!

Have you owned one?

Mike #1

« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2014, 09:07:36 pm »
£260 a year road tax . Mine is a total gas guzzler i only 290 miles out of £60 of fuel .  :P

As for Insurance depends what you deem as expensive and it is down to NCD and personal circumstancesand dont forget how many lads come on here crying because they dare not go out in the snow abd they have not worked for days when it has snowed.

I travel to some remote houses along single farm tracks sometimes with potholes about 6" deep cant see a van suspension taking the abuse with 500kg in the back . Mike

Crystal-clear

« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2014, 12:58:58 am »
maybe i should view one and test drive it, its a mix response we seem to hear, i do like the look of em,

but i dont dive on grass ever. etc. purely roads.

Mike #1

« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2014, 06:05:38 am »
My driving is 98% tarmac driving , Dont know who the hell told you about driving on grass they either dont have a clue or are winding you up . Mike

EandM

« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2014, 09:37:55 am »

They have nothing in common with an estate car - they can carry 2.25 times the weight and are built on a separate chassis that seems to be made out of girders with a load compartment that's entirely separate from the passenger compartment. They are designed to carry heavy, awkward or hazardous loads on all terrain and most importantly are designed to get and run wet. They are an ideal, totally fit for purpose vehicle with mine costing £380 fully comp and road tax set at £225. It's my fourth and easily my best ever work vehicle.

Simon Mess

« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2014, 09:55:37 am »

They have nothing in common with an estate car - they can carry 2.25 times the weight and are built on a separate chassis that seems to be made out of girders with a load compartment that's entirely separate from the passenger compartment. They are designed to carry heavy, awkward or hazardous loads on all terrain and most importantly are designed to get and run wet. They are an ideal, totally fit for purpose vehicle with mine costing £380 fully comp and road tax set at £225. It's my fourth and easily my best ever work vehicle.

A double cab pickup may have a good payload, but in relation to the size of the vehicle, it has a very small load bay indeed. I do agree with you that they have nothing in common with an estate car, BUT, unless you happen to need the extra ground clearance and 4wd, i would agree with nameless drudge, that they are totally unsuitable for wfp window cleaning (unless you simply want the pose value!?). Even if you need 5 seats, you would be much better off with a crewcab van. I also have some very rural properties which i manage to reach just fine with my transit connect!. I am also a little curious as to why you think the most important aspect of a pickup is that it is "designed to get and run wet"?!. My transit connect also runs quite fine in the rain, it will even go through puddles!.

Mike #1

« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2014, 10:21:17 am »
IMHO it depends on the business i have managed great with an L200 for the past 30 months and woyld never dream of buying a van .

As for the statement totally unsuirable for wfp window cleaning how would you know if you have never owned or used one. Mike