Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dave Willis

Loctite?
« on: February 01, 2014, 02:53:40 pm »
Anyone know which number loctite is used on the bolts that Gardiners supply? They come pre coated but once worn off spin. I've just redone mine but I think the minute they are adjusted the seal will be broken. I've used 243 but it may be the wrong one.

Alex Gardiner

Re: Loctite?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 03:05:07 pm »
Anyone know which number loctite is used on the bolts that Gardiners supply? They come pre coated but once worn off spin. I've just redone mine but I think the minute they are adjusted the seal will be broken. I've used 243 but it may be the wrong one.

We have had a new bolt design available for Smart Clamps for a few months now. This new system means that when worn the levers do not need re-adjusting and stay in position throughout their life. Anyone who is experiencing the need to re-tighten on their Smart Clamps can give us a call and we will send out the new style Smart Clamp lever sets free of charge. This means there is no need for Loctite on the bolt thread.

Drop me an email Dave and I can send out the new design Smart Clamp lever sets for your clamps - just let me know how many you need.

gto

Re: Loctite?
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2014, 05:10:46 pm »
when where the new bolts included,  i only bought my smart clamps in august.

Alex Gardiner

Re: Loctite? New
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2014, 05:20:22 pm »
when where the new bolts included,  i only bought my smart clamps in august.

The new design lever bolts where introduced in November to the Smart Clamp kits and have just been introduced on all poles from the 1st of February (although some sizes had them previously depending on stock age).